Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Aragorn and Halbarad

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Nov 14 2010, 9:52pm

Post #1 of 6 (889 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn and Halbarad Can't Post

Hi guys! I haven't posted new fan art in ages... but I finally finished this piece last night!

I've been in graphic design this semester and I learned what the "multiply" layer option in photoshop does. With this new found knowledge, I finished up a drawing, shading and all, and then colored it in PS last night. I'll learn proper digital coloring one day, but for now I'm happy with what I've got. And I finally drew my version of Aragorn and Halbarad, who seriously never gets any illustrations.

Anyways, you can find the lovely Rangers right over here. And the pencil-only bottom layer is right here.

Any types of comments, critiques, or suggestions are appreciated.

And now that I got this done, movie-Sauron, Bard, and some Hobbit-based images are calling me...

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography

Photobucket
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Wraith Buster
Gondor

Nov 14 2010, 11:30pm

Post #2 of 6 (297 views)
Shortcut
Really good!! [In reply to] Can't Post

That looks great!! It is amazing what you can do with Photoshop.

If our honorable friend continues to scrape the bottom of the barrel for objections he is in danger of getting splinters under his nails.

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Nov 15 2010, 7:30pm

Post #3 of 6 (655 views)
Shortcut
Interesting composition! [In reply to] Can't Post

I like how only their faces, hands, and gear details (e.g., star badges) are highlighted. It makes the drawing more dramatic!

I've also been using the Multiply layer effect in Photoshop for some work projects.

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(This post was edited by Idril Celebrindal on Nov 15 2010, 7:30pm)

Rivendell

Nov 21 2010, 8:12pm

Post #4 of 6 (286 views)
Shortcut
Nice work! [In reply to] Can't Post

I like the contrast between the 2 of them and the backround.

"I Told you I was Freaky"

"I can see through Metal boys, and that's no lie."

K (I was going to carve an E, but it was too many letters.)

hutch
Rohan

Nov 24 2010, 7:10pm

Post #5 of 6 (1047 views)
Shortcut
great artwork [In reply to] Can't Post

that background is really moody. and i can totally tell which Ranger is Aragorn without being told. very, very nice...and ,yes, hands are pain to draw aren't they? have you any FFX artwork as well?

Ernildhir
Rivendell

Jan 3 2011, 4:02am

Post #6 of 6 (464 views)
Shortcut
Very nice. [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad to see some Rangers.

A little apart the Rangers sat, silent, in an ordered company, armed with spear and bow and sword. They were clad in cloaks of dark grey, and their hoods were cast now over helm and head....There was no gleam of stone or gold, nor any fair thing in all their gear and harness: nor did their riders bear any badge or token, save only that each cloak was pinned upon the left shoulder by a brooch of silver shaped like a rayed star.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.