Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
yeah...

sticklebat
Lorien

Nov 19 2010, 1:03pm

Views: 86
Shortcut
yeah... [In reply to] Can't Post

the theme Howard dreams up for Smaug is going to be one I will definitely look forward to hearing. Im thrilled he will be the composer for the films.

There was rumour and speculation a while back of Tom Waits being contacted and in some way being involved in The Hobbit...
my personal hope is that he lends is voice to Smaug.
Hed make a brilliant Smaug...very raspy & sinister...for those who wish Smaug to have a British accent (I do not)...he can do that too.

I have a slight hunch though that if its indeed true Waits will be involved, it will be to help compose the songs of the Dwarves.
Many of his songs, to me are perfect for what I imagine they would sound like. Tom would even be great to play one of the Dwarves, the Great Goblin,
or voice one of the stone Trolls.

Tri duath telich na estel lin...a si gerich naid bain anirach.

(This post was edited by sticklebat on Nov 19 2010, 1:06pm)

Subject User Time
Music rayfam5 Send a private message to rayfam5 Nov 14 2010, 7:27am
    Yes Alex Maglor Send a private message to Alex Maglor Nov 14 2010, 10:31am
        music Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Send a private message to Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Nov 14 2010, 2:24pm
            The Fellowship Theme Mooseboy018 Send a private message to Mooseboy018 Nov 14 2010, 7:06pm
                agree Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Send a private message to Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Nov 14 2010, 8:19pm
                recycling? micha84 Send a private message to micha84 Nov 14 2010, 10:33pm
                    The Shire theme Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Send a private message to Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Nov 15 2010, 12:14am
    I can't wait to hear Flagg Send a private message to Flagg Nov 14 2010, 2:35pm
        smaug indeed Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Send a private message to Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Nov 14 2010, 7:00pm
        yeah... sticklebat Send a private message to sticklebat Nov 19 2010, 1:03pm
    I'm really excited... Wraith Buster Send a private message to Wraith Buster Nov 15 2010, 12:15am
    The LOTR Themes in the Hobbit Samuel Walters Send a private message to Samuel Walters Nov 19 2010, 1:27am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.