Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
So do the 'L0ST' threads go in this section?

Shelobs_Sneak
Rivendell

Feb 22 2007, 4:58am

Post #1 of 19 (723 views)
Shortcut
So do the 'L0ST' threads go in this section? Can't Post

They used to be on the main page on the old boards but i guess it should now be in Off Topic.Unimpressed
So anyone watch tonight's nights episode?
I won't say any spoilers because i don't know how to post spoiler warnings, yet. How do they work again?

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 22 2007, 5:00am

Post #2 of 19 (497 views)
Shortcut
You could just write *Spoilers* in your subject line n/t [In reply to] Can't Post

no longer just aMagpie... I'm now *the* Magpie

Shelobs_Sneak
Rivendell

Feb 22 2007, 5:22am

Post #3 of 19 (509 views)
Shortcut
So there's no more red tags? [In reply to] Can't Post

Altaira
Superuser

Feb 22 2007, 6:21am

Post #4 of 19 (489 views)
Shortcut
Yep, Lost threads should go in Off-topic now [In reply to] Can't Post

...and no, I didn't watch it. Crazy

And yes, no red taggies, so just write "Spoiler", etc. in your subject line; though I think everyone who's been around for a while knows not to read the Lost threads unless they're open to being a little spoiled. Wink

(nice to see you here, btw) :)

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the boards that are given to us"

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

YodatheHobbit
Rivendell

Feb 22 2007, 7:34am

Post #5 of 19 (528 views)
Shortcut
Nice ending. (Spoilers) [In reply to] Can't Post

Off to Othervile!! Great to finally see Cindy and the two kids that were taken from the tail section. They now have "a better life" lol. I guess Cindy has no idea about Ana Luica getting killed by Micheal, Jack needs to give her some clarification . So Ethan was a great surgen huh? I wonder, if Charlie hadn't killed Ethan in Season 1 was he supossed to remove Bens tumor? For the people who say the characters on LOST never ask questions about who the others are and what there lifestyle is like, etc, what do you think about tonights episode? Backyards, trials, marks, eye for a eye, a sheriff.

Episodes for the next few weeks.
Hurley
Sayid
Claire

I hear we wont be seeing Jack again for a while.

When the seas and mountains fall and we come to end of days, in the dark I hear your call calling me there, i will go there and back again.

Foe
Lorien

Feb 22 2007, 2:01pm

Post #6 of 19 (492 views)
Shortcut
Not as good as last week [In reply to] Can't Post

Which isn't saying a lot because last weeks may have been the best episode we've seen since Season 1.

I'm interested to see more about the tattoo and the significance of "marks" in the Lost-verse.

Email Foe!

Foe's LiveJournal!

Foe's Myspace!

YIM, AIM, MSN= foehelm

Morwen
Rohan

Feb 22 2007, 5:07pm

Post #7 of 19 (492 views)
Shortcut
Yep, I watched it. **Spoilers** [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with Foe that it doesn't measure up to last weeks episode, but it does seem like the writers have found some sort of direction again. I'm going to miss Jack but I hope this means we'll be going back to the beach more often. I want more of our old favorites (Locke, Sayid, Charlie, etc.), and I hope they don't just drop the storyline from last week about Charlie and Desmond-although of course I don't want Charlie to die. I missed the previews for next weeks episode, I'm sure there may have been some clues there.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night

Foe
Lorien

Feb 22 2007, 5:19pm

Post #8 of 19 (465 views)
Shortcut
There were hints [In reply to] Can't Post

that the storyline is still dealing with Charlie and his impending doom.

Email Foe!

Foe's LiveJournal!

Foe's Myspace!

YIM, AIM, MSN= foehelm

shuya
Rivendell

Feb 22 2007, 5:23pm

Post #9 of 19 (479 views)
Shortcut
It was good to see Cindy... [In reply to] Can't Post

and the kids, but didn't she seem kind of out of it? Jack is there in a cage and she wants to chat! And what the heck were they doing wandering around like that on their way to "watch" something?

I'm glad to be interested in Lost again - I hope next week's episode is good!

Shelobs_Sneak
Rivendell

Feb 22 2007, 6:59pm

Post #10 of 19 (478 views)
Shortcut
Island Abandoned [In reply to] Can't Post

So now everyone is back on the main Island. Since Carl said that their home are on the main island. What if Kate and Sawyer and the others (not other others) end up going to the smaller island to rescue Jack and find it empty. Shocked

Did anyone else think that jack's back story was pointless Crazy. Every time there's a flashback it somehow ties into the mian island story. This time it was just pointless. i also feel that it was out of character for jack to be having a one night stand with someone he doesn't even know. I mean that kind of behavior is more like Sawyer than Jack.

Foe
Lorien

Feb 22 2007, 7:26pm

Post #11 of 19 (450 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps [In reply to] Can't Post

Jack is more like Sawyer than we know. Wasn't that said at someone said, Sawyer maybe?

Email Foe!

Foe's LiveJournal!

Foe's Myspace!

YIM, AIM, MSN= foehelm

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Feb 22 2007, 7:42pm

Post #12 of 19 (465 views)
Shortcut
not pointless -- spoliers [In reply to] Can't Post

I think that Jack's mark will be important later on, as will Juliet's. And this is the first sign of any supernatural connection that we've had for Jack (unlike Desmond or Claire). The relationship with the woman (which I didn't think was quite a 'one night stand') was just a lead-in to the mark. They had to explain where he got it before they can play with it.

I'm really beginning to feel that LOST is back on track. We are actually getting some answers, but there are still questions/mysteries to be explained. But, this is the first time in a while that I've felt as though those questions might actually be answered down the road. It's a good feeling.

My LiveJournal

My Costuming Site

YodatheHobbit
Rivendell

Feb 22 2007, 8:00pm

Post #13 of 19 (463 views)
Shortcut
Out of character [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
So now everyone is back on the main Island. Since Carl said that their home are on the main island. What if Kate and Sawyer and the others (not other others) end up going to the smaller island to rescue Jack and find it empty. Shocked

Did anyone else think that jack's back story was pointless Crazy. Every time there's a flashback it somehow ties into the mian island story. This time it was just pointless. i also feel that it was out of character for jack to be having a one night stand with someone he doesn't even know. I mean that kind of behavior is more like Sawyer than Jack.

I'd agree that it would have been out of character for Jack but it wasn't a one night stand. After she walked in Jack said they've be seeing each other with her coming and going for a month. She didn't want them to know anything about each other.

When the seas and mountains fall and we come to end of days, in the dark I hear your call calling me there, i will go there and back again.

(This post was edited by YodatheHobbit on Feb 22 2007, 8:03pm)

Shelobs_Sneak
Rivendell

Feb 22 2007, 9:57pm

Post #14 of 19 (452 views)
Shortcut
That's makes more sense now. [In reply to] Can't Post

Also explains why she was such a mess at the end when Jack got beat up.

Shelobs_Sneak
Rivendell

Feb 23 2007, 12:53am

Post #15 of 19 (459 views)
Shortcut
Why don't the realise who Alex is? [In reply to] Can't Post

Didn't Danille come to the beach and told everyone that she lost her daughter, Alex, to the others.
I guess everyone's forgot about that.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 23 2007, 2:57am

Post #16 of 19 (463 views)
Shortcut
Probably for the same reason [In reply to] Can't Post

that no one ever seems to ask the obvious questions on this show. I love it, but at times it drives me nuts. In all the time Jack, Kate and Sawyer were there with the others, we didn't see one conversation where any of them even attempted to ask the questions any normal person would about why these people are persecuting a group of stranded people from an accident rather than helping them. Not once! Argh! Jack got the closest to it last night with his conversation with Tom, but still....the Others say things like "a better life" and "we're the good guys", and nobody ever responds with "Define good!".

Sorry, sorry, rant over. Tongue

Silverlode

Between the acting of a dreadful thing
And the first motion, all the interim is
Like a phantasma, or a hideous dream:
The genius and the plan thus inspired
Depart me and I, entering a room,
Find myself on the threshold, stand still
And wonder what I came to do there.

Aerin
Grey Havens

Feb 24 2007, 7:33am

Post #17 of 19 (416 views)
Shortcut
Weren't they there [In reply to] Can't Post

to watch Jack? I thought that's what they meant, and that's what they were doing until he chased them off. They've clearly been brainwashed, and they were on some kind of field trip to the little island -- part of some "project."

YodatheHobbit
Rivendell

Feb 28 2007, 9:05pm

Post #18 of 19 (408 views)
Shortcut
Is this thead considered too old or "down the board" to post in? [In reply to] Can't Post

Or should a new one be started? Well, there's new lost tonight.
Here's a new promo for tonights episode and it's a funny one as well. If you miss the lighthearted moments of Lost, you'll want to watch tonight.

http://lost-media.com/...op=getit&lid=748

(This post was edited by YodatheHobbit on Feb 28 2007, 9:08pm)

Foe
Lorien

Feb 28 2007, 9:57pm

Post #19 of 19 (432 views)
Shortcut
As mentioned in the Feedback section. [In reply to] Can't Post

Either a new thread is to be made to post to, or a new post with the link to this thread in it.

Email Foe!

Foe's LiveJournal!

Foe's Myspace!

YIM, AIM, MSN= foehelm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.