Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Moots in NYC Radiocity weekend - details!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 1 2010, 2:34pm

Post #51 of 71 (372 views)
Shortcut
A Mathom Box for the Boys!? [In reply to] Can't Post

What a GREAT idea!! I can't wait to see your pics... especially of your car!! ;) Boys relate to cars and dinosaurs still. I just love that! :D Can't WAIT to see you, Lady!

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

deej
Tol Eressea

Oct 2 2010, 12:21am

Post #52 of 71 (213 views)
Shortcut
Great!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Looking forward to seeing you and Kevin again!

TEAM MARTIN!

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Oct 2 2010, 4:03pm

Post #53 of 71 (206 views)
Shortcut
P.S. I got my Fellowship! ticket [In reply to] Can't Post

The website says the box office opens at 7:30 PM, but I got there around 7:00 and they let me buy a ticket with no problem. Looking forward to the events and seeing everyone. Smile

"I deemed it the worst part of all my journey, the road back, watching him day and night, making him walk before me with a halter on his neck, gagged, until he was tamed by lack of drink and food, driving him ever towards Mirkwood."

overlithe64
Rivendell

Oct 4 2010, 2:30pm

Post #54 of 71 (160 views)
Shortcut
Saturday night [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be joining the group after the Saturday Show...

I am obsessed, but I am in excellent company.

Alicia
Lorien

Oct 7 2010, 1:37am

Post #55 of 71 (189 views)
Shortcut
before the show [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi all -
Sorry if this has already been answered... but I have a question. Is there anything planned for Saturday *before* the show? I know there's something afterwards, but I know there's no way hubby will want to stay until 11, much less 2am. And to tell you the truth, I'll be too pooped, too. I'd love to hang out with some of you beforehand, if at all possible. I'm sorry I don't get to TORn much... busy busy busy, you know. I work at a zoo over an hour from my house now, & the hours are long, & I don't get to be online as much as I'd like. And my computer doesn't always play nice with TORn. Unsure So if someone could let me know, I'd really appreciate it - thanks!
-Alicia
allywag67@aol.com
www.thewagband.com

It's easier to try than to prove it can't be done. -Justin Hayward, the Moody Blues

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 7 2010, 1:45am

Post #56 of 71 (182 views)
Shortcut
Nothing planned before the show [In reply to] Can't Post

We figured everyone will be busy during the day, then getting ready for the big night, and didn't want to plan a pre-party. It will be a late night, but based on last year, everyone was too excited from the show to go to sleep, and the after-party was a great way to wind down. The after-show party is walkable from RCMH and the Holiday Inn, which is where most of us are staying.

Hope to see you on Saturday!

sample

Alicia
Lorien

Oct 7 2010, 1:59am

Post #57 of 71 (154 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the info... but darn. I'm sure hubby & I will be excited, too, but then we have the long drive home. Hopefully I'll be able to say hi to some of you while we're all standing in line. Do we have a secret hand signal to identify TORnsibs? Wink
-Alicia

It's easier to try than to prove it can't be done. -Justin Hayward, the Moody Blues

deej
Tol Eressea

Oct 7 2010, 12:29pm

Post #58 of 71 (147 views)
Shortcut
I'm sure a few of us will be wearing Mallorn leaf name tags [In reply to] Can't Post

They have our TORn-nicks on them which were made for various Moots throughout the years; i'll definitely be wearing mine. Wink

TEAM MARTIN!

Sunflower
Valinor

Oct 8 2010, 4:23am

Post #59 of 71 (182 views)
Shortcut
Ack. [In reply to] Can't Post

Getting to this late as usual.I would not wish my schedule on anybody...:)

Due to pre-existing commitments I cannot be in town before 1 PM Saturday afternoon. I PM'd Gramma last night but she prob left already (it
s about midnight Thursday). She told me where everyone is staying pretty much, so I guess I'll just show up in the lobby at the Holiday Inn around 4 PM and wait for everyone to gather to head off to the show. I remember some of y'all, and I hope you all remember me:) (Gramma, I'll be looking for you any way!)

I gave her my seating place but for some reason she forgot to add me to the chart? Anyway, I'm up in the nosebleeds again...:0. Is there a spot where we'l all meet in the lobby at RC afterwards so we can all head out to the resturaunt?

I hope someone can put me down for Maison--I'd love to head out with y'all after the show. Since I will miss the breakfast.Unsure And the later the better--I will be catching the train back to Albany at 7 the next morning..:)

If none of y'all remember me, I'll be bringing a sunflower to the hotel--so you will:). Is Altaira coming? I remember L Ron and Deej, Rosie and Greendragon......and Elanor, I wish you could come, but next yr will be better--TH will be filming and you will be in a better condition to come--I send you ((HUGS)) and hope and pray all is better for you!

Hope some of you read this and see you there!

Glaurung63
Lorien

Oct 9 2010, 1:24am

Post #60 of 71 (169 views)
Shortcut
hope you all are having a rockin' time [In reply to] Can't Post

bummer, but I can't make the party tonight, hopefully tomorrow.....lift a pint for me! can't wait for the show....

Evermind
The Shire

Oct 9 2010, 1:28am

Post #61 of 71 (181 views)
Shortcut
After much debate... [In reply to] Can't Post

My boyfriend and I decided we can't make the aftershow dinner. :( We have to catch a train back out east on Long Island, and we have to get to the 11:42, because the 1:42 isn't so bad timewise, but it is the last train of the night before 5 am. Last year we took the 1:42 AM train and it was probably one of the worst experiences of my life. It was all drunken college kids (and I'm a college kid so I'm allowed to say this!) and the behavior was disgusting. There were 4 fist fights in our car, and the car was jampacked to the point where we literally could not move an inch. Once we transferred in Huntington it wasn't so bad, but even then another fight broke out on the platform.

So yeah, it looks like we're going to be briskly walking back down to Penn Station after the show rather than having fun with you guys. I'm really sorry. :(

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Oct 9 2010, 9:10pm

Post #62 of 71 (145 views)
Shortcut
Well sorry you can't join us! [In reply to] Can't Post

But I totally understand! maybe see you at the show! Have fun! Smile

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Oct 9 2010, 9:11pm

Post #63 of 71 (146 views)
Shortcut
OK, hope to see you after tonight! // [In reply to] Can't Post

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

Evermind
The Shire

Oct 10 2010, 1:36pm

Post #64 of 71 (141 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

We also realized that by the time we got to the train, the Yankee game would have let out, filling all cars with drunken, brawling, baseball fans. I would probably have died. Frown Tongue

Btw, did anyone else see the nice big programs for sale? I didn't see any and Tamara found out they weren't having them this year. I was kinda disappointed to not get my silly souvenir. Unsure

Glaurung63
Lorien

Oct 10 2010, 6:49pm

Post #65 of 71 (148 views)
Shortcut
sorry I missed you all! [In reply to] Can't Post

although I think I saw some familiar faces in the crowd...I had to go crosstown after the show and we never made it back...but the show was awesome! hope everyone had a blast....

elentari3018
Lorien

Oct 11 2010, 4:13am

Post #66 of 71 (111 views)
Shortcut
sorry couldn't catch anyone this year! [In reply to] Can't Post

But i did see Gramma after the Fellowship Parody, Friday night.
I hope to be more on top of things with everyone in here next year!
Here's to next year!

Had soooo much fun this year though with both events. :) (Parody and TTT Concert) :D

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

elentari3018
Lorien

Oct 11 2010, 4:14am

Post #67 of 71 (153 views)
Shortcut
Wonder why they didn't have programs? :( [In reply to] Can't Post

Would be so nice to have had one to keep as a memory!

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 11 2010, 4:19am

Post #68 of 71 (313 views)
Shortcut
If you mean 'free' programs.... [In reply to] Can't Post

then they didn't have them last year. But you can buy one for a pretty penny. They are nicely printed and aren't filled with tons of ads, though... like free programs are.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ June 2010 : ROTK Lyrics Update!
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

elentari3018
Lorien

Oct 11 2010, 4:20am

Post #69 of 71 (116 views)
Shortcut
For sale? [In reply to] Can't Post

There was one for sale?
I didn't see them... only saw the counter for the Complete Recordings and Doug's book which i have all of them.

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 11 2010, 4:57am

Post #70 of 71 (152 views)
Shortcut
my husband bought them last year so I don't know where they were [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought I had a picture of mine but I only took pics of the autographs I got in them.

I know they had some this year because someone just spoke to me about them purchasing one.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ June 2010 : ROTK Lyrics Update!
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Evermind
The Shire

Oct 11 2010, 12:58pm

Post #71 of 71 (242 views)
Shortcut
We got the small programs [In reply to] Can't Post

The kind that are printed on magazine-like glossy paper with a bunch of ads for free, but apparently a lot of other people didn't find them. I couldn't find the bigger ones on thick paper that had no ads, though. They were $20 last year, I think.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.