Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
grace under pressure

Arwen Skywalker
Lorien

Sep 4 2010, 5:14am

Views: 362
Shortcut
grace under pressure [In reply to] Can't Post

If by Faramir's behavior, you mean him being tempted by the Ring, I don't have a problem with that. Since the movie changed the reason for Boromir's mission to Rivendell, it takes an important clue away from Faramir to how vulnerable his brother is to the Ring (and how dangerous that thing really is). It's not until Sam talks about how the Ring made Boromir mad that Faramir starts waking up (I had this theory before reading the books so I was glad to find support for it when I finally got around to them) Smile. If you mean the treatment of Gollum, then I agree with you and Eldorion that the writers dropped the ball here. There was no point to the rangers doing that. At least we knew why Jack Bauer tortured his suspects. So as a movie-firster, I can tell you that this part doesn't even make internal sense. And in the EE, this part gets even more confusing.

Still, Faramir was my favorite character long before I read the books. All thanks to this scene. Faramir has so much courage if he's not only able tell Daddy that he won't touch the Ring but also that Boromir would have kept it for himself. If that were me, I'd barely be able to think.

Subject User Time
SCOD 8/30/10: "I would not use the Ring" Arwen Skywalker Send a private message to Arwen Skywalker Aug 30 2010, 8:43pm
    One of the better ROTK EE additions... weaver Send a private message to weaver Aug 30 2010, 11:14pm
    Everytime I hear this line I think to myself: "Finally!" aranelthehobbit22 Send a private message to aranelthehobbit22 Aug 31 2010, 12:35am
        grace under pressure Arwen Skywalker Send a private message to Arwen Skywalker Sep 4 2010, 5:14am
    A nice try... Eldorion Send a private message to Eldorion Aug 31 2010, 3:52pm
    mean ol' daddy :( batik Send a private message to batik Sep 1 2010, 4:12am
    Questions and answers Celedor Send a private message to Celedor Sep 1 2010, 4:22pm
    Question #3 Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Sep 3 2010, 5:40pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.