Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Radio City Hotel (and update) thread
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 17 2010, 1:15am

Post #76 of 92 (305 views)
Shortcut
Yeppers! We're approaching a "new thread" phase ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 17 2010, 11:04am

Post #77 of 92 (398 views)
Shortcut
Which airport? I've been searching [In reply to] Can't Post

for something about that for LaGuardia and JFK... but I can't find anything that says either airport is closed. I'd think that if it was, you wouldn't be able to book flights to those places... so I'm hoping my Thursday flight into LaGuardia is unhampered.

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

Unused Scenes

Elizabeth
Valinor

Sep 17 2010, 10:24pm

Post #78 of 92 (298 views)
Shortcut
Check this site. [In reply to] Can't Post

Flight Delay Info

There are apparently things going on at JFK and EWR, but not LGA (at least today).

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 18 2010, 12:28am

Post #79 of 92 (288 views)
Shortcut
*snigger* [In reply to] Can't Post

All roads lead to the FAA! I really love this map and looked it over earlier. I figured if there were any construction or closed runways, they would have had some sort of notice.

I'm just thankful we all weren't trying to fly in during that monstrous storm on Thursday!! Scary!

Thanks m'dear :D

sample sample

Unused Scenes

Garfeimao
Rohan

Sep 18 2010, 12:31am

Post #80 of 92 (344 views)
Shortcut
Cool link to FAA [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow, I think I love that site, will be mighty nice on the day we are leaving to check that we can actually either leave or arrive. Very cool indeed.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

My page in the Traveling Journal

Tamara
Rivendell

Sep 18 2010, 2:24pm

Post #81 of 92 (294 views)
Shortcut
Great! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think my friend misunderstood that SOME construction meant a whole airport was closed as flights to JFK (Is LGA closer to our hotel, Garf?) looked ok.
---Tamara

Being a Steward of Harvard is almost as good as being Steward of Gondor, but I'm headed for Minas Tirith (New Zealand) with Red Carpet Tours for the Hobbit premier!

Elizabeth
Valinor

Sep 18 2010, 6:57pm

Post #82 of 92 (308 views)
Shortcut
LGA is closer to everything. [In reply to] Can't Post

JFK is a the farthest-out of the NY airports, because it's the newest (built after WWII, much of it on landfill consisting of rubble from the London blitz sent to the US as ballast on ships that brought supplies from US to London on the return trip). But since JFK has longer runways, it gets most of the long-haul non-stop flights.

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Garfeimao
Rohan

Sep 20 2010, 10:29pm

Post #83 of 92 (319 views)
Shortcut
I will be attempting to change flights [In reply to] Can't Post

to an earlier arrival, but it will be very last minute. In fact, I won't know for sure until Friday morning of depature, since it will be a space available kind of thing. But after talking with the cast of Fellowship last night, who did not know if the theater would have issues with late arrivals and not allow me to enter if the curtain goes up before I arrive, I called the Musical Theater festival myself. They did not seem to think there would be much chance of a late seating, and I'm not paying double to buy another set of tickets, which is what the penalty amounts to, so last minute stand by it is.

Otherwise, I may arrive in NY and go straight to the hotel, or to the theater and just sit there with puppy dog eyes and see if anyone would let me in or not. Heck, the director said he'd look for me, but if he get's busy running his own show, I don't want to put that on him.

BTW, the Fellowship cast is totally stoked about this run in NY, this is a really big deal for them. Being accepted into this festival is the equivalent to be accepted to Sundance. Oh, and they sound great too, the songs are being tweaked and perfected even more.

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 21 2010, 2:13am

Post #84 of 92 (414 views)
Shortcut
Oh geez... [In reply to] Can't Post

So much to count on fate to fix... but it's gotta happen for you, Garfeimao! I admire you gumption and "go for it" attitude! I'll be shooting positive vibes your way to get you on an early flight and a fair-priced seat for Fellowship.

I'm so glad the Company is excited about this! It makes it so much more fun knowing that they're as stoked as we are :D

You just gotta be there!!

*crosses fingers*

sample sample

Unused Scenes

starfish

Sep 22 2010, 3:08am

Post #85 of 92 (319 views)
Shortcut
Newbie who wants to meet up [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Everyone,
Wow, this thread has a lot going on so I just put this at the end of the thread, so I hope I'm not disrupting the flow, the only other time I have posted I think I put it in the wrong place. (I unfortunately don't get much time to interact with the boards).

I am going to the Fellowship play Friday night and then going to the TT show , so I am hoping to meet some of you Friday night so as to see and recognize some friendly faces on Sat night. I know you have not posted where you all will be meeting yet (as least I don't think you have) but anyways would it be alright for a newbie to come and meet the crew? Sharing the experience makes it all the better!

Thanks all!

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 23 2010, 4:48am

Post #86 of 92 (242 views)
Shortcut
Great you'll also be there [In reply to] Can't Post

Look at the top of the board, Greendragon just started a thread on moot-moments in New York City.
Just see when you can make it, and I'll see you there.

Oh my, in just two weeks time I'll be in NYC!

deej
Tol Eressea

Sep 23 2010, 2:37pm

Post #87 of 92 (303 views)
Shortcut
Hi starfish! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad you'll be able to join us for the festivities, and look forward to meeting you!

TEAM MARTIN!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 23 2010, 6:27pm

Post #88 of 92 (360 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely you can join us, Starfish... [In reply to] Can't Post

In fact, I'm putting down everyone's seat number on a diagram/floorplan of the Radio City Music Hall to see where everyone is sitting... so if you'd like to let me know what seat number you have, I'll add yours to it and you can see where most of us (those who have share seat numbers) will be sitting :)

greendragon has just posted the dinner/moot gathering places at the top of the page, so feel free to join in :)

It'll be GREAT to meet you!

sample sample

Unused Scenes

starfish

Sep 24 2010, 1:38pm

Post #89 of 92 (373 views)
Shortcut
Wow! Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's great there is a seating chart. I'm on the first mezz. Row D seat 102.

I am so excited about this, My other great love is Tiki Culture and so between meeting you all, the play Friday night, the show Sat and going to a brand new tiki bar/resturant that just opened on Park Ave, this could be the best weekend ever!

Thanks for the welcomes!

Starfish

ElanorTX
Grey Havens

Sep 27 2010, 9:03am

Post #90 of 92 (258 views)
Shortcut
mass transit is easier from JFK // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

Garfeimao
Rohan

Oct 1 2010, 5:54pm

Post #91 of 92 (374 views)
Shortcut
Care to elaborate??? [In reply to] Can't Post

I know I can take the subway in from JFK, but am not sure what train would best get me to the mid-town location I need to get to. Any hints would be awesome.

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

etail

Oct 5 2010, 7:47pm

Post #92 of 92 (559 views)
Shortcut
NYC Transit Link [In reply to] Can't Post

The best site for NYC transit is www.mta.info . From JFK that is usually the air train to the A but the site I listed lets you enter addresses and landmarks.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.