Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
LOTR Online will be Free To Play September 10th!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Legalize_Athelas
Lorien

Sep 3 2010, 2:48pm

Post #26 of 34 (140 views)
Shortcut
No worries! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just don't let a Lore-master hear that you've confused them with a Warden... they might sick their bear on you. Evil

Vote for the upcoming LOTRO/TOR.n Kinship name!

Got Necroquestions? I'll give you Necromanswers.

RosieLass
Valinor

Sep 3 2010, 3:20pm

Post #27 of 34 (168 views)
Shortcut
I have one of each class. [In reply to] Can't Post

But when I was playing them all regularly, I was getting myself confused over what they all do. So I've let some of them slide while I worked on the others.

My main is a 65 minstrel. I have a 58 champ and a 52 hunter, and my next highest is a 47 guardian.

The others are mid-30s and smaller.

The ones I've struggled with the most, either because it's complicated or I just don't find the class all that interesting, are the loremaster, captain, warden, and burglar. I like my runekeeper a lot, but I haven't played her much because I didn't start her until the Mirkwood expansion gave us two more slots. And I didn't want to spend a lot of time on a new class while I was working on the ones I already had.

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

NestorM

Sep 5 2010, 9:52pm

Post #28 of 34 (288 views)
Shortcut
Only 5 days until LOTRO Free-to-Play! [In reply to] Can't Post

September 10th is coming soon. A mere five more days, that is, unless you've had an account before that expired. In that case, it opens for you on the 8th.

It'll be very interesting to see if there is a mass influx of folks trying it out! Laugh

13thHour
Rivendell

Sep 8 2010, 12:11am

Post #29 of 34 (176 views)
Shortcut
just as good of a time to start as any [In reply to] Can't Post

Very cool!!! I'm an ex-WoW and DAoC player and have been considering LOTRO for a long time now, so this finally makes my decision easy! I will definitely be online and playing this game come September 10th! Thanks for the info!

The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

Donry
Tol Eressea

Sep 8 2010, 1:49am

Post #30 of 34 (164 views)
Shortcut
We're trying to [In reply to] Can't Post

start a kinship, so if you want to hang with some folks from here, sign up on the Landroval server. We'll keep you updated as things progress!

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Sep 8 2010, 9:15am

Post #31 of 34 (211 views)
Shortcut
Brilliant marketing [In reply to] Can't Post

Drug pushers have been using the tactic for ages.

Kangi Ska

Make the Hobbit Happen Now!

Photobucket

Donry
Tol Eressea

Sep 8 2010, 4:02pm

Post #32 of 34 (121 views)
Shortcut
Yep! [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll see how well it works!

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

Legalize_Athelas
Lorien

Sep 8 2010, 4:25pm

Post #33 of 34 (184 views)
Shortcut
And they make a boatload of cash. Same same. [In reply to] Can't Post

The game is probably almost as addictive as illegal drugs to some personalities, however I highly doubt that you can overdose and die the first time you play. Unimpressed

Vote for the upcoming LOTRO/TOR.n Kinship name!

Got Necroquestions? I'll give you Necromanswers.

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Sep 8 2010, 9:56pm

Post #34 of 34 (442 views)
Shortcut
They want paying customers. Zombies are OK if they have cash for special options. [In reply to] Can't Post

Dead customers are a real bummer.Cool

Old Hippie KS

Kangi Ska

Make the Hobbit Happen Now!

Photobucket

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.