Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
LOTR: The Two Towers Live at Radio City Music Hall - Tickets On Sale Now!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 4 2010, 8:56am

Post #26 of 43 (247 views)
Shortcut
Got my flight! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm coming in Thursday early afternoon to LaGuardia and leaving in the afternoon on Monday. I couldn't find what time Doug Adams' book signing is in the B&N link Magpie shared... so I'm hoping that it won't be until later in the day since it's the main reason I'm coming in a day early.

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

Tim
Tol Eressea

Aug 4 2010, 2:26pm

Post #27 of 43 (237 views)
Shortcut
Cool [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad you found your tickets. I hate losing stuff - and yes I lose stuff all the time.

A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I

Garfeimao
Rohan

Aug 5 2010, 3:23am

Post #28 of 43 (292 views)
Shortcut
Fellowship: The Musical will run at the same time as TTT at the RCMH [In reply to] Can't Post

_______________________________________________ FELLOWSHIP! GOES TO NEW YORK! (No, not Mordor.)
The award-winning musical parody of The Fellowship of the Ring hits the Manhattan stage as part of the New York Musical Festival.

Six performances only - starting Oct. 7th and ending Oct. 17th.
For info and tickets go to:

http://www.nymf.org/Show-1522.html

Get your tickets before they're gone. {One note about the tickets, they are currently onsale for festival members, with general tickets available on Septemer 1.} Now your quest is to forward this to all of Middle Earth (especially anyone you know on the East Coast) and help the world discover just how hilarious one little hobbit's adventure can be. _____________________________

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

My page in the Traveling Journal

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Aug 9 2010, 5:54pm

Post #29 of 43 (217 views)
Shortcut
Anyone want to go to the Fellowship! musical over that weekend? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm interested. I know there ain't much time but if anyone is arriving on Thursday, maybe some of us could go to this show on the Thursday? Any interest, sibbies?

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

deej
Tol Eressea

Aug 9 2010, 8:09pm

Post #30 of 43 (303 views)
Shortcut
I do, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

I won't be arriving until Friday. I was thinking if there were nothing going on Sunday, that might be a good day to go.

"...and back again."

Garfeimao
Rohan

Aug 10 2010, 11:06pm

Post #31 of 43 (262 views)
Shortcut
I can only go Friday night [In reply to] Can't Post

I arrive late on Friday, so if I go, it can only be Friday night for the 10:30pm show. After all, we'll all be a little busy on Saturday and I leave on Sunday morning. This is a total quickie for me.

On a side note, I'm now intending to visit the Statue of Liberty on Saturday and go up to the Crown. She is going to close down next year for a full year, so I want to take this opportunity if I can.

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

CAhobbit
Rohan

Aug 11 2010, 5:59am

Post #32 of 43 (226 views)
Shortcut
I'm game! [In reply to] Can't Post

Seen it a few times now, but would LOVE to see it again!

Do not meddle in the affairs of hobbits for we can bite your kneecaps off!

House Stark

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 12 2010, 2:17am

Post #33 of 43 (202 views)
Shortcut
I'll be there Thursday! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I'd love to see it! Maybe there'll be a Sunday group AND a Thursday group :) I'm hoping to make it to Doug Adams' book signing, but I haven't found when it's going to be. Gotta where, but no when.

sample sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

Garfeimao
Rohan

Aug 14 2010, 2:52am

Post #34 of 43 (297 views)
Shortcut
Looking for hotel roomies [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm still waiting for a hotel announcement, but thought I'd mention a few other options.

Did you know that New York Comic Con is going on that same weekend??????

Did you know that they use Trip Planners for their hotel bookings, and they have a few with some decent rates available right now???????

I'm kinda tempted to give it a try, just to lock something in.

And then there is my Marriott Rewards, which gives me enough points to get a free night, meaning I could go for one of their nicer properties, stay two nights, pay for only one night, and feel like I got a discount.

But either way, it would be nice to have at least a roomie or two. So, anyone looking to shack up? (girls preferred)

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 14 2010, 5:06am

Post #35 of 43 (349 views)
Shortcut
I would love to go [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be arriving on Wednesday, but that will be late in the evening. And leaving on Monday. So I could go either Thursday or Sunday.

Elizabeth
Valinor

Aug 17 2010, 7:49am

Post #36 of 43 (242 views)
Shortcut
Weren't we supposed to hear about the hotel last week? [In reply to] Can't Post

Update please!

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 17 2010, 2:51pm

Post #37 of 43 (189 views)
Shortcut
The update is that there's no update [In reply to] Can't Post

As far as I know, the folks getting a hotel together don't have one lined up yet. Trust me, the very second I know anything, I'll pass it on here. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

drogo
Lorien

Aug 17 2010, 3:08pm

Post #38 of 43 (198 views)
Shortcut
I will keep an eye on this thread [In reply to] Can't Post

I've decided to go this year--especially since my niece will be starting college at Fordham and we can get together while I am in Manhattan. Thanks for helping set this up!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 17 2010, 4:29pm

Post #39 of 43 (471 views)
Shortcut
Altaira may start a new post [In reply to] Can't Post

WHEN we finally get word, so hopefully it'll be soon :)

MY THANKS ALSO, ALTAIRA!!! :D

sample sample

Garfeimao
Rohan

Aug 23 2010, 8:13pm

Post #40 of 43 (142 views)
Shortcut
When will we sticky the RCMH thread? [In reply to] Can't Post

Will we sticky this one, or a hotel one once it's posted? Just wondering cause this post just may fall off the first page of TORn Moots.

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 23 2010, 8:51pm

Post #41 of 43 (157 views)
Shortcut
I'm a big fan of... [In reply to] Can't Post

starting new threads when one thread gets unwieldy in length, especially if there isn't a ton of useful info in the old one.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ June 2010 : ROTK Lyrics Update!
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Garfeimao
Rohan

Aug 23 2010, 10:17pm

Post #42 of 43 (171 views)
Shortcut
I'm fond of helpful info too [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, when the hotel get's announced, a new thread should be started, and that is also where people should start putting their seats so we can all keep track of that. And the link to the Fellowship Musical should be there too. Sort of a one stop thread for main info.

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 24 2010, 2:07am

Post #43 of 43 (348 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

Although when it gets closer to October, those threads could mutate into info-monsters and need to be split up!!

I've got the seating chart from last year and would be happy to do the seat-tracking-thingy again this year :)

I'm not the sticky-guru for this...so I'm not sure when it'll get glued ;)

sample sample

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.