The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Aragorn VS Jack Sparrow

Tyler
Lorien

Jun 4 2007, 5:19am

Post #1 of 21 (5123 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn VS Jack Sparrow Can't Post

This one is for fun after the pirates 3 at worlds end release i think Jack would winbut i don ot know Aragon has won harder fights before one week have funSmile

(This post was edited by Tyler on Jun 4 2007, 5:21am)

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 4 2007, 3:06pm

Post #2 of 21 (1583 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn [In reply to] Can't Post

One whop over the head with one of those leaf shaped Elven paddles and Jack is down for the count.

All is not gold that glitters,
All is not pure that shines.
Follow your mother's teachings
And happiness will be thine!
-Bugs Bunny, "Bowery Bugs", 1949.

diedye
Grey Havens

Jun 4 2007, 4:30pm

Post #3 of 21 (1604 views)
Shortcut
I hate to nag... [In reply to] Can't Post

... but can you use punctuation in your sentences? Periods, commas, heck, even ellipses... ANYTHING to make that into something intelligible.

/rant

And I pick Aragorn... fancy sword-play will only get you killed in a fight to the death.

SandWitch King
Rohan

Jun 4 2007, 9:56pm

Post #4 of 21 (1576 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn [In reply to] Can't Post

Unless the fight was to see who is the silliest.

No wonder all writers want to direct: one still has to put up with a load of nonsense, but even if wearing two hats (writer and director), there is one under which one is not called a thief and then raped - David Mamet

Tyler
Lorien

Jun 5 2007, 4:43am

Post #5 of 21 (1626 views)
Shortcut
sorry i'm realy new at this [In reply to] Can't Post

jack has a pistol and one shot is all it takes. they sword fight then jack pulls out his pistol shoots Aragorn.and says PIRATE!!! And i will work on my posts.this is my first one on this site so i am sorry.

SandWitch King
Rohan

Jun 5 2007, 5:44am

Post #6 of 21 (1511 views)
Shortcut
Welcome and have fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

We are glad to have you here but you will get more and better responses if you communicate better. Enjoy!

No wonder all writers want to direct: one still has to put up with a load of nonsense, but even if wearing two hats (writer and director), there is one under which one is not called a thief and then raped - David Mamet

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 6 2007, 12:21am

Post #7 of 21 (1567 views)
Shortcut
Excellent point! [In reply to] Can't Post

All the Elvish heirlooms in the world won't beat the flight of a bullet. I agree: Captain Jack pulls an Indiana Jones and Aragorn is down for the count.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Loresilme
Valinor

Jun 6 2007, 1:24am

Post #8 of 21 (1553 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn in 3 minutes 20 seconds [In reply to] Can't Post

Jack wanders into The Prancing Pony and brazenly challenges any stranger to a duel. However, he's so tipsy, he hiccups during "stranger" so it comes out "st - RANGER", whereupon Aragorn takes up the challenge by immediately throwing the ale from his pint into Jack's face, causing Jack's eyeliner to run into his eyes. As Jack gropes for a hanky, Aragorn pulls Jack's bandana down over his face, a la Bugs Bunny, boots him in the derriere, and sends him packing.

Maybe our next match up should be Aragorn vs. Bugs Bunny. Or Jack Sparrow vs. Bugs Bunny. Heck, anybody vs Bugs Bunny ….

Tyler
Lorien

Jun 6 2007, 3:57am

Post #9 of 21 (1504 views)
Shortcut
Thats not jack [In reply to] Can't Post

Jack is a little cooler Cool then bugs bunny.Jack says a lot about being even better with rum.He fights with the ranger_stranger he has just challenged it starts with a sword fight then when.Jack notices he can not win he pulls his gun....but bugs bunny and aragorn is a cool ideaSmile

(This post was edited by Tyler on Jun 6 2007, 3:57am)

the artist formerly known as sparki
Bree

Jun 7 2007, 7:32pm

Post #10 of 21 (1506 views)
Shortcut
I'll post a bugs battle just for you! [In reply to] Can't Post

In the meantime, I think Jack could just confuse Aragorn with his rather weird demeanour, then shoot him.

Yes, I used to be sparki.

Tyler
Lorien

Jun 12 2007, 4:33pm

Post #11 of 21 (1626 views)
Shortcut
And The winner is!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Aragorn wins in a landslide. Thanks to all who posted.Look for more posts by me.Smile

(This post was edited by Tyler on Jun 12 2007, 4:37pm)

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Jun 15 2007, 10:40am

Post #12 of 21 (1457 views)
Shortcut
bwahaha - 'pulls an Indiana Jones'! [In reply to] Can't Post

Perfectly put - so long as it wasn't the time when actually his pistol WASN'T in his holster! Laugh

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 16 2007, 3:22am

Post #13 of 21 (1633 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, well, [In reply to] Can't Post

Indy's brilliant moves don't *always* come off as planned...

Wink

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Tyler
Lorien

Jun 27 2007, 5:26am

Post #14 of 21 (1468 views)
Shortcut
Indy Is very cool [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool

Never doubt that a small group of peple can change the world indeed,that is the onely thing that ever has......Margaret mead

Tyler
Lorien

Aug 4 2007, 11:02pm

Post #15 of 21 (1469 views)
Shortcut
This is still top of the list.does that mean the arena moves slow_est on torn ...?. [In reply to] Can't Post

Never doubt that a small group of peple can change the world indeed,that is the onely thing that ever has......Margaret mead

Donry
Tol Eressea

Aug 17 2007, 1:05am

Post #16 of 21 (1491 views)
Shortcut
I'd have to go with [In reply to] Can't Post

Aragorn....gotta be Argorn...just too good and too smart. Not to say ol' Jack Sparrow isn't, but me thinks Aragorn is just that much better..............it would be great to watch though!

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

Dagonet
Lorien

Sep 14 2007, 10:45pm

Post #17 of 21 (1329 views)
Shortcut
Aragorn, Aragorn, definetly Aragorn. [In reply to] Can't Post

Jack may be funny and have a quick tongue but Aragorn is quicker and better at swordsmanship. Also, no offense Jack, but he's not the brightest. Aragorn would win, pistol or not.

Dagonet,
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shdows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Dawn
Bree

Sep 14 2007, 11:05pm

Post #18 of 21 (1394 views)
Shortcut
Well.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I say Jack would win Aragorn over with his wit and they both have a drink together.
(with Bugs too of course)

Another fine product
of a dysfunctional family.

theredsunrises

Oct 18 2007, 2:30am

Post #19 of 21 (1417 views)
Shortcut
Neither [In reply to] Can't Post

Legolas or Will Turner would beat them both!

"The red sun rises in the East. Blood has been spilled."--Legolas

balinman
Rivendell

Nov 13 2009, 4:37pm

Post #20 of 21 (3849 views)
Shortcut
sorry i'm realy new at this [In reply to] Can't Post

jack would win hands down jack has better sword skills! and he has rumWink

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jun 29 2013, 2:51pm

Post #21 of 21 (875 views)
Shortcut
jack sparrow [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.