Toy Biz Collecting...
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser

Feb 23 2007, 4:38am

Post #26 of 39 (4864 views)
Shortcut
Is super-poseable Boromir worth something? [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmmm, perhaps I should refer to one of the B-girls Wink (of which I'm a closet one).

Instead of rare, I should probably have said 'difficult to find.'

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the boards that are given to us"

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

diedye
Grey Havens

Feb 23 2007, 4:48am

Post #27 of 39 (4878 views)
Shortcut
I'm confused... [In reply to] Can't Post

Which one is the super-poseable Boromir (pic?)?

(Closet B-girl? Uh, sweetie... I wouldn't stay in there too long... the schizoid twins haven't done any spring cleaning in over two hundred years... *shudder*)

(This post was edited by diedye on Feb 23 2007, 4:50am)

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 23 2007, 5:13am

Post #28 of 39 (4858 views)
Shortcut
I did buy mine from Entertainment Earth... [In reply to] Can't Post

...although it might have been slightly cheaper to buy them from the company that makes them. I only ordered from EE because I had an account with them. It's definitely a better deal if you get more... perhaps you could hook up with other collectors and place a mass order.

I scoured the Twin Cities looking for someone who might sell them in town in smaller quantities but to no avail. I even made my own crude stands for them but it was a pain. But they just don't stand up on their own and I display mine... none of this in the box stuff for me. I redid my son's vacated bedroom into a computer room for me and it was my treat to get these stands so I could display the suckers.

It's worth noting that you really need two stands per figure.

I will also say that I had a little difficulty with the order. I've ordered from them before with no problem but when I got my box, neither the merchandise nor the packing slip were mine. I had to call them (toll free) because, without my packing slip, I wasn't sure if I could follow normal online procedure. The lady was very nice when I called and sent me a mailing label and code. They received the returned box (I was notified) but they didn't respond to me. I emailed them.. no response. I finally called and asked what the status was. He was less 'nice' and kind of snottily said my order was being packed and there was normally a 10 day turnaround... I was lucky to get it so quickly (4 days later). I said I wasn't so happy with this since I was still waiting for my merchandise, they had my money, and the mistake was theirs.

I got the stands. But the attitude and the delay would make me try the company that makes them next time... rather than EE. (now see.. if that second guy would have been nicer... or they would have answered my email.. I probably wouldn't be steering people to another business right now.)

no longer just aMagpie... I'm now *the* Magpie

CAhobbit
Rohan

Feb 23 2007, 5:20am

Post #29 of 39 (4862 views)
Shortcut
A ha! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you so much! I've been a little wary of Entertainment Earth (since I've heard of problems of which you speak before) and also the amount I would need to buy. Buuuuuuut I will say that your info (with the other linked site) is great!!! Every year at Comic-con there's a dealer that sells Star Wars stands and I asked the dealer (at the con) whether they would fit other figures. He had no clue. But now I see that they will!! So I'll just hold off until Comic-con in July! Thanks so much! You've been an immense help! SmileSmile

Do not meddle in the affairs of hobbits for we can bite your kneecaps off!

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 23 2007, 5:20am

Post #30 of 39 (4858 views)
Shortcut
This was a set I agonized over... [In reply to] Can't Post

...since it wasn't cheap and I only really wanted Haldir. (Legolas was okay... but they just kept changing small bits of Legolas and then repackaging him.) But I finally did get it. I also bought the Lothlorien pack (for Celeborn and Haldir... I do love those Elves) and that, sadly, has not been unpacked yet. I just didn't have room at first and I didn't want to unpack them until my new computer room was finished and I had those stands for them. Now I just need to get around to it.

There was a time when I was checking sites daily to find these figures when they were first released. Some sold out in a matter of days.

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 23 2007, 5:22am

Post #31 of 39 (4833 views)
Shortcut
Just be sure they are the type II stands - and... [In reply to] Can't Post

not every one of my toy biz figures had holes in the feet... just so ya know.

CAhobbit
Rohan

Feb 23 2007, 5:34am

Post #32 of 39 (4843 views)
Shortcut
Yeah... [In reply to] Can't Post

they always have various stands at this one booth. But I'll be taking my cheat sheet (so I don't end up making a boo-boo). As for the toybiz ones that don't have holes I'll just have to lean them agains't something. Thanks again!! Cool

Do not meddle in the affairs of hobbits for we can bite your kneecaps off!

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 23 2007, 5:41am

Post #33 of 39 (4894 views)
Shortcut
or super glue those suckers [In reply to] Can't Post

I superglued all the Army of Middle-earth figures to their stands and their weapons... they just wouldn't stay put.

I'm mostly kidding about the Toy Biz figures, though. I took little slabs of balsa wood I had, drilled holes in them, carved out a niche on the bottom of the holes and then wired the feet of the figure to the wood. That's how desperate I was before the action stands. I might do something like that to my figures w/o holes... but for now, Aragorn is leaning.

Shadowfaxfan
Rivendell

Feb 27 2007, 11:35am

Post #34 of 39 (4859 views)
Shortcut
I have combined my obsessions! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have been collecting Breyer plastic horses since I was 10 back in 1966 (oh that's scary, oh well I am still young at heart)so imagine my delight when I realized the Toy Biz figs fit on them perfectly. They make great fig stands and I have been collecting the horses that match either the movie or book descriptions as closely as possible. Breyer just came out with what I consider a perfect Shadowfax. Most people have some sort of habit or obsession whether it's drinking, smoking etc. at least this one doesn't hurt my body(we won't talk about the wallet)and if necessary it can be sold to reclaim some of the expense. "Can you imagine trying to resell your beer I tell my Husband!" I was on Ebay 2 days ago and they had a fair amount of figs to choose from. I find I have to weed through them to get a good price. I also collect the jewelry, t-shirts, tins, patches, etc. For all the Holiday's for one year my combined gift was the Gandolf on Shadowfax Sideshow fig. It is one of my prize possessions. I enjoy looking around the house and seeing things that put a smile on my face. I may not be able to go to Middle Earth to live with the Elves but I can imagine how nice it would be!

(This post was edited by Shadowfaxfan on Feb 27 2007, 11:38am)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 9 2007, 3:34pm

Post #35 of 39 (4832 views)
Shortcut
*both hands shoot up* I've been busily [In reply to] Can't Post

collecting the Toy Biz and Armies of Middle-earth toys as they came out and on ebay. My 12 yo g'son is putting together his own game using the AoMe figures (Questscape).

I've got them all in a file, and I'm updating them with info for our SandWitch King's page :D

These things bring me great comfort. I'm a hoarder and gatherer/keeper of things anyway. (I can just see Scout's eyes rolling ;)

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 9 2007, 3:36pm

Post #36 of 39 (4867 views)
Shortcut
I remember when we had an Oscar party [In reply to] Can't Post

a couple of years ago (not the official one) and you had all your friends gathered on the table watching the films!!! THAT WAS SO COOL!!! :D

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

bearwen
Lorien

Jun 19 2008, 8:33pm

Post #37 of 39 (4980 views)
Shortcut
Toy biz figures [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello, we have some figures on shelves and stuff as I think they are great and my family tend to buy us them as gifts, there are too many for us to get all of them. My son collects the bad-guys and the uglier the better!

Nesse
Lorien

Oct 28 2010, 6:02pm

Post #38 of 39 (6321 views)
Shortcut
I would like to collect.... [In reply to] Can't Post

the LotR figures but I dont know where to get good quality figurines Im in the UK can anyone help?

Annael
Immortal

Dec 31 2014, 9:14pm

Post #39 of 39 (4635 views)
Shortcut
I have a Boromir figure // [In reply to] Can't Post

Since evidence can be adduced and interpreted to corroborate a virtually limitless array of world views, the human challenge is to engage that world view or set of perspectives which brings forth the most valuable, life-enhancing consequences.

- Richard Tarnas, The Passion of the Western Mind

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.