Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
The Lord of the Rings Motion Picture Trilogy Blu Ray Giveaway
First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

saezuri

Apr 13 2010, 7:19pm

Post #351 of 360 (28109 views)
Shortcut
The Scene [In reply to] Can't Post

My favorite scene is when the elves of Lothlorien came into Helms Deep and Haldir comes in to greet Theoden and Aragorn! That scene was really cool for me! haah not the all time favorite but one of my favorite parts =)

Growingthings

Apr 13 2010, 7:35pm

Post #352 of 360 (29878 views)
Shortcut
My scene of choice [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a little corny, but my favorite scene is still the beginning of Fellowship. Not only the Shire a place I'd like to live (and garden), but I love the very subtle effects used to show Frodo in scale to Gandalf.

kohkae

Apr 13 2010, 8:22pm

Post #353 of 360 (27754 views)
Shortcut
Favorite Scene [In reply to] Can't Post

My favorite scene is when after Frodo is saved by the birds and wakes up in Rivendale and the Fellowship goes in little by little to greet him.

ethanpies

Apr 13 2010, 8:34pm

Post #354 of 360 (27652 views)
Shortcut
its so hard to pick one scene! [In reply to] Can't Post

but today I'll go with the scene in ROTK where Aragorn is leading the armies to distract the Eye and he gives SUCH a good speech that makes you realize EVERYTHING's been buiding up to this on moment and ends it by saying "For Frodo." and charges. I swear I cry every single time until little Merry and Pippin scream running after him- that lifts my heart and makes me laugh every time. But it boils it all down to the fact that everything, all their trust and faith and hope for Middle Earth laid with Frodo and Aragorn loves him and always remembered that- it's like he said in FOTR "I would have gone with you to the end"

okay and another favorite scene in ROTK when Frodo says "The Ring is mine" and Sam just cries 'no...no' ahhhh it's such a good moment because it's the Ring's last act/chance of defiance- they are RIGHT THERE IN Mount Doom and just to turn back? It's also such a great testament to Sam's moral character, if it were me I would've charged at Frodo and tossed him off. But Sam is such a good friend, he loves Frodo,

Hobbit_Child

Apr 13 2010, 9:03pm

Post #355 of 360 (28019 views)
Shortcut
My favorite scene... [In reply to] Can't Post

My favorite scene would have to be at the beginning of the Fellowship. I love the section where they are describing hobbits. Particularly, I love the look on Sam's face when he is gardening. I always feel very hobbity when I am barefoot running around my garden. Smile

Bestica
Bree

Apr 15 2010, 1:12am

Post #356 of 360 (28592 views)
Shortcut
You're right [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, I stole it from a friend when I was in the throes of a HBO "John Adams" fest.

Yes, I know it was October, so yes it makes sense for the leaves and the season etc...what I love is how it all comes together, and I believe there were no coincidences in how the story was planned, and the council falling at that time of year just adds more layers of meaning. And still makes for one gorgeous scene :)

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep"

Robert Frost

Shiro

Apr 19 2010, 10:51pm

Post #357 of 360 (27294 views)
Shortcut
Winner? [In reply to] Can't Post

Have they announced the winners yet?

FrozeToes Baggins

May 9 2010, 5:38am

Post #358 of 360 (28618 views)
Shortcut
Did the drawing ever take place? [In reply to] Can't Post

Did the drawing ever take place?

calisuri
PTB

May 26 2010, 8:28pm

Post #359 of 360 (27426 views)
Shortcut
Finally! Winners have been chosen! [In reply to] Can't Post

Check out the frontpage post located here for our winners!

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2010/05/26/36748-better-late-than-never-lotr-blu-ray-winners/

The Mysterious Calisuri

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

May 26 2010, 9:14pm

Post #360 of 360 (28917 views)
Shortcut
Congrats to all the winners [In reply to] Can't Post

be sure to keep coming back and chatting with us Smile

Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens

First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.