Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
I was, until I got a look at it

Mirabella_Bunce
Rivendell

Mar 24 2010, 3:57pm

Views: 77
Shortcut
I was, until I got a look at it [In reply to] Can't Post

The artwork really is pretty ... well, boring. It's just some standard monotone clip-art (possibly from a wingding font set) and low quality at that. The word "Staff" on the back kind of tempted me for a second - that's a cool idea! Use a more detailed and middle-earthy image on the front, and a more medieval font on the back, and I'd go for it.

Come! Tra-la-la-lally!
Come back to the Valley!

Subject User Time
Are you tempted by the t-shirt Artanis Send a private message to Artanis Mar 11 2010, 10:21pm
    Tempting but . . . aranelthehobbit22 Send a private message to aranelthehobbit22 Mar 11 2010, 11:51pm
        Thanks for this link. I just had to have the Prancing Pony one... Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 13 2010, 3:20pm
            yes i do prefer the look to the WB, but the staff part on the back of theirs is kinda funny aranelthehobbit22 Send a private message to aranelthehobbit22 Mar 13 2010, 11:57pm
                funny, haha or funny, weird? // Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 14 2010, 12:16am
                    funny haha aranelthehobbit22 Send a private message to aranelthehobbit22 Mar 14 2010, 12:22am
        I'm betting those e-Bay ones aren't licensed Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 13 2010, 5:42pm
            Yes. The Green Dragon one looks very sloppy..not like a dragon at all. Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 15 2010, 2:07am
        I like those t-shirts :-D // Artanis Send a private message to Artanis Mar 13 2010, 10:15pm
    I am actually tempted... the_argonath Send a private message to the_argonath Mar 12 2010, 2:12pm
    Nah. FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Mar 15 2010, 2:27am
        and they for sure don't have the word "STAFF" on the back. (n/t) Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 15 2010, 3:36am
    I love the design... Goldberry of the river Send a private message to Goldberry of the river Mar 15 2010, 8:20pm
    I was, until I got a look at it Mirabella_Bunce Send a private message to Mirabella_Bunce Mar 24 2010, 3:57pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.