how to stop e-mail alerts?

_V_
Lorien

Feb 27 2010, 8:09pm

Post #1 of 3 (277 views)
Shortcut
how to stop e-mail alerts? Can't Post

I do want to get e-mails when I get private messages,

but I keep getting an e-mail *every single time* someone replies to one of my posts...which can build up pretty fast in my inbox; how do I turn off the automatic e-mail notification that someone has replied to my post?

ReVolution of Evangelion

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game"

Formerly known on TORN as "Draug the Unspeakably Violent"

Altaira
Superuser

Feb 27 2010, 8:31pm

Post #2 of 3 (180 views)
Shortcut
Turn off "Send Reply Notificiation" in your user profile [In reply to] Can't Post

There's a drop down menu box next to it: select "No."

You can still choose to get replies to individual posts if you wish by checking the box at the bottom left of the Post box before you submit your post/reply.
Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

(This post was edited by Altaira on Feb 27 2010, 10:28pm)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 27 2010, 8:36pm

Post #3 of 3 (1348 views)
Shortcut
At the top of the page [In reply to] Can't Post

click on Edit Profile, then the top left ring (forget its title), then change to 'No' the box that says 'Send reply notification email by default'.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.