Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
What if Galadriel had taken the One Ring when Frodo offered it? (pic attached)

Advising Elf
Rohan

May 8 2007, 8:36pm

Post #1 of 19 (972 views)
Shortcut
What if Galadriel had taken the One Ring when Frodo offered it? (pic attached) Can't Post

Yahoo!Group with good stuff to download:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOTRgoodies/
Attachments: Blanchett Gollum.jpg (61.0 KB)

SandWitch King
Rohan

May 8 2007, 8:40pm

Post #2 of 19 (740 views)
Shortcut
Saw that today and was horrified! [In reply to] Can't Post

Is she prepping for a role or has she been sick? It really is something sad to see.

No wonder all writers want to direct: one still has to put up with a load of nonsense, but even if wearing two hats (writer and director), there is one under which one is not called a thief and then raped.

Darkstone
Immortal

May 8 2007, 8:57pm

Post #3 of 19 (728 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

I bet it's photoshopped. Someone's done similar stuff with supermodels. See link.

http://www.snopes.com/...os/people/models.asp

All is not gold that glitters,
All is not pure that shines.
Follow your mother's teachings
And happiness will be thine!
-Bugs Bunny, "Bowery Bugs", 1949.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 8 2007, 10:38pm

Post #4 of 19 (716 views)
Shortcut
Have a look [In reply to] Can't Post

at the second photo of this news story. It looks like the pic is real, and Cate is the victim of weight loss and terrible makeup.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

SandWitch King
Rohan

May 8 2007, 11:43pm

Post #5 of 19 (713 views)
Shortcut
How is this then? [In reply to] Can't Post

A news story on the topic: A link

No wonder all writers want to direct: one still has to put up with a load of nonsense, but even if wearing two hats (writer and director), there is one under which one is not called a thief and then raped.

diedye
Grey Havens

May 9 2007, 12:22am

Post #6 of 19 (692 views)
Shortcut
Oh for pete's sake!... [In reply to] Can't Post

I hate it when people pick the worst picture in the bunch!

She didn't look that bad...

And as I've said elsewhere, she's always said she dresses according to how she feels and doesn't give a hoot what other people think of her style... and that's what makes me admire her even more.

She may not look as pretty as she has at some other events, but she doesn't look ugly either. What's ugly is that nasty bruise on her (right?) shoulder... most people would cover it up, but it doesn't seem to faze her. Good for her!

Patty
Immortal

May 9 2007, 12:23am

Post #7 of 19 (677 views)
Shortcut
Oh my goodness... [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope she is not ill, or that if she is anorexic something will help her soon.

At home, amongst the Mallorn trees.

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

May 9 2007, 12:31am

Post #8 of 19 (653 views)
Shortcut
And we forgot the taste of everything. Except maybe celery./ [In reply to] Can't Post

Patty
Immortal

May 9 2007, 12:36am

Post #9 of 19 (672 views)
Shortcut
I could care less about style and or "pretty/ugly"... [In reply to] Can't Post

I just hope she is not getting too thin. And she looks like she is.

diedye
Grey Havens

May 9 2007, 12:47am

Post #10 of 19 (671 views)
Shortcut
She's always been thin... [In reply to] Can't Post

... but it stands to reason that she would not keep the same weight all the time... most people don't (Liv Tyler is a prime example of weight fluctuation). Besides, she's been working pretty hard, filming one movie after another.. currently the "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" with Brad Pitt") and raising two young boys must keep her running around as well (she brings them with her on shoots). Besides, she's hardly in the Mary-Kate Olsen/Nicole Ritchie category when it comes to thinness.

One picture/event does not tell the whole story... I'd say give it some time and then judge for yourself if this is only temporary or if she's in any danger of being anorexic.

Patty
Immortal

May 9 2007, 1:14am

Post #11 of 19 (660 views)
Shortcut
You're right. [In reply to] Can't Post

I so hope it's only weight fluctuation. We want our Galadriel fit and healthy!

RosieLass
Valinor

May 9 2007, 2:27am

Post #12 of 19 (668 views)
Shortcut
Part of it is simply the hideous makeup. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was scanning some stories and there was a note somewhere that she's preparing for a role as a cancer victim. Hence the weight loss.

This writing business. Pencils and what-not. Over-rated, if you ask me. Silly stuff. Nothing in it.

--Eeyore

http://mallika.vox.com/

Annael
Immortal

May 9 2007, 2:48am

Post #13 of 19 (666 views)
Shortcut
she looks the part now [In reply to] Can't Post

I do hope it's deliberate, and she's looking forward to burgers & milkshakes to help her gain back the weight!

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

"Now is the time to know that all that you do is sacred . . . Now is the time for you to deeply compute the impossibility that there is anything but grace."
- Hafiz

diedye
Grey Havens

May 9 2007, 4:08am

Post #14 of 19 (694 views)
Shortcut
But check out this picture from behind... [In reply to] Can't Post

http://pro.corbis.com/...b-be6e-e101f3123d49}

Her back doesn't seem to exhibit the extreme protruding bones that are oftentimes characteristic with anorexics... but I'm no expert. *shrug*

Anyway, I've been looking at her albums over at cateblanchett.net and she has looked thinner than this before (that and that dress does nothing for her... the straps are way too low... if the dress were higher and better fitted, I think she'd look better [the style of dress notwithstanding... not my favorite, either]). If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say she's just experiencing another weight fluctuation and when she's finished with TCCOBB, she'll be back to her old self... until the next movie project comes along, that is. (Cancer Vixen is still in development stages, so I doubt that's the reason for her thinness.)

diedye
Grey Havens

May 9 2007, 4:35am

Post #15 of 19 (673 views)
Shortcut
And check out these from a Time Magazine event she attended today... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think she's looking just fine.

SandWitch King
Rohan

May 9 2007, 6:12am

Post #16 of 19 (670 views)
Shortcut
In my opinion [In reply to] Can't Post

She looks too thin and unhealthy there too.

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 9 2007, 6:32am

Post #17 of 19 (656 views)
Shortcut
Her face is much less gaunt though [In reply to] Can't Post

Better hair and makeup too - makes such a difference!

Karekare Beach, NZ

IMG_0365

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 9 2007, 9:31am

Post #18 of 19 (654 views)
Shortcut
I saw her on tv as she walked in [In reply to] Can't Post

and she looked wonderful. Yeah... unfortunate pick of pic. I've broken a few cameras in my day, and plan to damage many more. ;)

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Elven
Valinor

May 10 2007, 7:58am

Post #19 of 19 (584 views)
Shortcut
Nooooo!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thats a bad photoshop - look at the lines over the shoulders - much too definite and dark - the same with the arm muscle - its a highlighted drawn line - not a shadow - the colour of her cheeks and temples are 'purple Tongue and the markings on her chest arent from her skin ...

Another photo for the 'ana' websites - this is sad - Frown
Why use such a shot - its bad photography.

Heart Elven x

SILVERCHAIRS Daniel Johns gets the crowd going at the 'Big Day Out Festival' at Minas Tirith.

"Never wash your name in hot water Elvenesque - it shrinks!" said the Gaffer.
Tolkien was a Capricorn!
..All we are saying ..Is Give Pete A Chance" ...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.