Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
One hundred thousand million gazillion thanks are not enough...

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 20 2009, 11:01am

Post #1 of 3 (201 views)
Shortcut
One hundred thousand million gazillion thanks are not enough... Can't Post

... to express my gratitude to all the sibs who made me feel like I was present at RCMH last weekend.

I've been sending out PMs and mails to everyone who was part of Magpie's "WE WISH EARL WERE HERE" message... quest... thing... but I want to also publicly state just how touched I am that Magpie, in the first place, did what she did to make me feel like I was present at RCMH, and secondly, how honoured I am that so many of you took the time to sign the card and snap pics alongside it.

It just really means so much to me, and yet it's a strange thing that all my words seem so dry and don't seem to express my gratitude enough. At all.

But, you know, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! SmileHeart

"Crows and Gibbets! What is the House of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek and their brats roll around on the floor with their dogs! You are but a lesser son of greater sires."

(This post was edited by Earl on Oct 20 2009, 11:03am)

silneldor
Half-elven

Oct 20 2009, 1:37pm

Post #2 of 3 (102 views)
Shortcut
We are expecting you to show up with bells on:) [In reply to] Can't Post

in the future Earl. We have two to go as we speak. Who knows what beyond that, what the future holds, but it looks good to meSmile.

And it was a honour contributing to your card.

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

Sunflower
Valinor

Oct 21 2009, 5:30pm

Post #3 of 3 (128 views)
Shortcut
It was nothing, Earl... [In reply to] Can't Post

You were indeed with us in spirit. I thought of you too. So may times I wished that you could be here....at one event of the other. And I remember once I offered to send you some books and you said no, the postal service is dodgy in my province...

And if not next yr, then we'll get you to the ROTK concert, come heck or high water:)

(HUGS))

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.