Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Screencap of the Day
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

weaver
Half-elven

Oct 21 2009, 11:17pm

Post #26 of 30 (30 views)
Shortcut
I keep forgetting about that HOH scene... [In reply to] Can't Post

I tend to favor the TE's, so I don't always think to factor in the added scenes...

And now you have me thinking that it's only in the EE's that we see Aragorn "touch" her, right? And then there's the bit where she's sleeping by the fire pit, again in the EE of TTT, where he covers her up while she's asleep, and then she grabs his hand, right?

And then there's Theoden telling her -- twice -- that "he knows her face" -- hmmm...
I think I'm going to have to watch these films again with an eye on Eowyn; my guess is they took particular care as to how they dealt with each male character's connection with her...

Weaver

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 22 2009, 6:18am

Post #27 of 30 (31 views)
Shortcut
Oh my, you're correct!!! Thank you!... But then, [In reply to] Can't Post

who shall we say is finally the author of this beautiful line?!?
It is definitely inspired from Tolkien himself, as you demonstrated with those quotes you noticed so brilliantly; but this precise, so strikingly lovely final formulation is then from the writers' team, that is... could it be in this case Fran and/or Philippa, rather than PJ?... I would be inclined to think so, but do we actually know? If not, is there any way to find out???

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Oct 22 2009, 6:55am

Post #28 of 30 (31 views)
Shortcut
Talking about grabbing a hand, another parallel then... [In reply to] Can't Post

... between two scenes:
- the firepit scene you rightly mention (I remembered it too, after my post about the 'cheek touching' ones!...), where it is Éowyn who, scared by her dreadful 'dream', like a little girl grabs Aragorn's hand in hers before she goes back to sleep, while he gently pulls out his hand from hers and goes away
- and the scene you described earlier, in which you pointed out there is actually no 'cheek-touching', contrary to what I seemed to recall: in that scene Faramir is the one who, after expressing his inner certainty that 'This Darkness will not endure', silently grabs Éowyn's hand in his strong, reassuring one, and she... doesn't withdraw hers! Yes, here is at last the man who can give her the love she needs for the rest of her life. They have found each other, and can from now on rely upon each other, as their position indicates so perfectly well, her head resting upon his shoulder, his head resting upon her head.... Heart
PS: I will admit to being a total EE fan, for I appreciate dearly most of the added scenes in all three films!

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 22 2009, 4:55pm

Post #29 of 30 (34 views)
Shortcut
He almost [In reply to] Can't Post

reached her at her most vulnerable moment. Up all night, fearing for Theodred... knowing his wound was fatal, and here comes Grima. She does close her eyes and is almost taken in by his intimate, silky talk. She does close her eyes, but then realizes more clearly than ever how sinister and evil he is! Great Choice of pics! *runs to wash hands*

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

almas_sparks
Rohan

Oct 29 2009, 2:30am

Post #30 of 30 (39 views)
Shortcut
bad acting,duh! [In reply to] Can't Post

She closed her eyes as if she`s giving herself to him or something because she`s a bad actress. Totally wrong interpretation of the character`s reaction to the situation. No wonder LOTR put the stake through her career. Fans can put whatever spin and interpretation for this eyebrow-raising reaction (well-spotted it looks like a tender moment which it totally wasn`t) but the truth is simple. Miranda Otto is an awful actress. Hall of Shame. There.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.