Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Has it been 10 years today...?

Artanis
Rohan

Oct 11 2009, 7:58pm

Post #1 of 11 (343 views)
Shortcut
Has it been 10 years today...? Can't Post

Has it really been 10 years today since the filming for LOTR began? I know that back then I wouldn't have been the slightest bit interested...but now...oh how I wish I could go back and *know* what I was in for, and enjoy the build up!

Artanis

Theodred
Lorien

Oct 11 2009, 10:09pm

Post #2 of 11 (185 views)
Shortcut
I was also not aware/interested much back then as I am now, [In reply to] Can't Post

so I have the same feelings about this as you have. But if you like to read how the build-up of news was back then, you could click on this link, and read all that was going on back then from the bottom up:

Code

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLCUzA6KMEw
http://www.ladyofrohan.com/funeralsong.wav

the_argonath
Lorien

Oct 12 2009, 5:14pm

Post #3 of 11 (157 views)
Shortcut
Can't believe it.... [In reply to] Can't Post

... but given that I was only 11 at the time I'm afraid to say I knew nothing of Tolkien! I remember my mum telling my dad they're "doing a movie of LotR" but that's it! It's good to be able to look back through the archives to see what I missed out on! Luckily I won't make the same mistake this time Smile

~*Haudh-en-Ndengin the Elves named it, the Hill of Slain, and Haugh-en-Nirnaeth, the Hill of tears... the earth beneath which the swords of the Eldar and the Edain crumbled into rust*~

weaver
Half-elven

Oct 13 2009, 2:40pm

Post #4 of 11 (163 views)
Shortcut
thanks for the reminder, and here's something for the occasion... [In reply to] Can't Post

No doubt many of you have seen this, but I thought it was deserving of being brought back out and dusted off today.

Warning, known to induce tears in the sentimental among us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AvXq5BNR-o

Weaver

Artanis
Rohan

Oct 13 2009, 7:50pm

Post #5 of 11 (115 views)
Shortcut
Theodred... [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the link!! Cool

Artanis

Artanis
Rohan

Oct 13 2009, 7:51pm

Post #6 of 11 (106 views)
Shortcut
Weaver... [In reply to] Can't Post

...induce tears..............Blush...umm took about 2 seconds! Thanks for the link.Cool

Artanis

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 16 2009, 11:26am

Post #7 of 11 (85 views)
Shortcut
We made a toast [In reply to] Can't Post

on it during our sunday evening dinner with a few sibs.

Thanks for putting it up here!

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 16 2009, 11:27am

Post #8 of 11 (78 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

and a big sob. I love to watch those scenes on the appendices, but I also don't like watching them, I keep on crying when I see them.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 17 2009, 1:10am

Post #9 of 11 (76 views)
Shortcut
What a way to celebrate the day, weaver... [In reply to] Can't Post

Tear-inducing, indeed! I think you owe me a box of tissues now! Laugh

(This is, of course, a reference to some reviews of RotK which began with the sentence: "Peter Jackson owes me a box of tissues." Wink)

Thank you! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Nat
The Shire

Nov 13 2009, 7:49am

Post #10 of 11 (88 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

I was 15 when they started Filming on the LotR trilogy, and had been a Tolkien fan for a couple years by then. I was so thrilled when I heard the news that they were making new liveaction films, and cannot belive that its already been that long. Wow, Fellowship has been out for 8 years this Christmas and I still think its absolutely amazing!

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Gandalf - Fellowship of the Ring

M&M
Rivendell

Dec 14 2009, 11:47pm

Post #11 of 11 (70 views)
Shortcut
weaver... [In reply to] Can't Post

That was a wonderful video, thank you...Smile

"...How's that even possible?"
-Me,almost every day.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.