NYC Moot - Sign offs, sign ons, meet ups, postings
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 12 2009, 8:36am

Post #51 of 60 (624 views)
Shortcut
That's fine Loresilme... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I can well imagine how overwhelming the whole experience must've been. I'm just happy all you guys had such a blast and haven't yet recovered Wink

Also, Rosie-with-the-ribbons told me that she and Magpie cheered when my artowrk was shown, so hey, I was atleast represented Cool

"Crows and Gibbets! What is the House of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek and their brats roll around on the floor with their dogs! You are but a lesser son of greater sires."

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 12 2009, 12:10pm

Post #52 of 60 (594 views)
Shortcut
I should have thought [In reply to] Can't Post

to head to where sil and his family were! Laugh Squire is quite right: it was so crowded, and not nearly enough time to look for people. Unsure

I had so much wanted to see you again! But we live close enough, we'll get another time arranged! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 12 2009, 12:12pm

Post #53 of 60 (586 views)
Shortcut
And they weren't the only ones! [In reply to] Can't Post

Those of us in the balcony crowd were getting quite excited, as well! Congrats again!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Oct 12 2009, 7:20pm

Post #54 of 60 (584 views)
Shortcut
I can give you one purchased Saturday night [In reply to] Can't Post

Please PM me so I can get your mailing address etc.

ElanorTX

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Oct 12 2009, 7:32pm

Post #55 of 60 (577 views)
Shortcut
we were in the same row [In reply to] Can't Post

I was to the left of you in seat 501 (disabled)

Ninnyhammers! Wish we could have met.

ElanorTX

Loresilme
Valinor

Oct 12 2009, 7:45pm

Post #56 of 60 (579 views)
Shortcut
Awesome, thank you!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

PM coming your way!

Ann Kalagon
The Shire

Oct 12 2009, 8:59pm

Post #57 of 60 (573 views)
Shortcut
it was just fantastic! [In reply to] Can't Post

What wonderful events and it was great to meet you all--Rosie-with-the-ribbons, Altaira, Dernwyn and Grammyboodawg! Yep, I arrived early and caught the pre-show talks, and stayed late and got my CD with booklet and programs all signed. Heart

Loresilme, those programs are still for sale at the shop next door/to the north of Radio City Music Hall on Broadway. If you are not in the City, maybe you can get their phone number somehow and order one. It's a souvenir shop just of Radio City stuff.

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Oct 13 2009, 12:55am

Post #58 of 60 (594 views)
Shortcut
two YouTube links, one to art/photo screen display, one to Sat concert live [In reply to] Can't Post

nycomiccon
shot at Fri concert oct posted 10 Oct
shows screens inside RCMH displaying winners of the photo and art contests

Tabloid42
shot at Sat concert posted 11 Oct (appears to be illicit)
includes part of Howard Shore/Doug Adams conversation, clips from performance, esp. Kaitlyn Lusk and the child singing In Dreams

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 13 2009, 1:02am

Post #59 of 60 (576 views)
Shortcut
Elanor, your links [In reply to] Can't Post

seem to be missing. I'm sorry I don't know how to help you - I'm terrible at the linking thing. But I can't figure out from your message where the links should be.

It was so great to meet you this weekend!

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.

`Are these magic cloaks? ' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.

`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Magpie
Immortal

Oct 13 2009, 1:46am

Post #60 of 60 (669 views)
Shortcut
Here is the link to the Art contest scroll [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/...#p/a/u/0/EkdMn0ta25o

I guess I won't link to the illegal video. If it's of the concert and doesn't say CAMI or Howard Shore productions or something, then it's illegal and I'll let it be.

For those who don't know what this is about, two of our sibs won prizes ... or placed in a contest. We were wondering if there were actual prizes and, if so, what they were.

Look for Suvi Utermohlen who posts as Ainu Laire and Earl Carvalho who posts as Earl. There are entries in the drawing section from both of them and an entry from Earl in the photography division.

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

(This post was edited by Magpie on Oct 13 2009, 1:51am)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.