The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
***FOTR EE appendices discussion: The Fellowship of the Cast***

OhioHobbit
Gondor

Sep 6 2009, 11:15am

Post #1 of 23 (1063 views)
Shortcut
***FOTR EE appendices discussion: The Fellowship of the Cast*** Can't Post

Ok, so here I am, ready to watch The Fellowship of the Cast for about the millionth time. But I’m not tired of The Appendices yet. In fact, they feel like a pair of comfortable old slippers that I have no intention of getting rid of.

I put Disk 4 of FOTR EE into the player and the menu book comes up with the gentle sounds of The Fellowship Theme playing in the background. The camera pans to the right hand page and I click on Filming “The Fellowship of the Ring.” Did I ever mention that I really like these menus? The book fades to the next page and I click on The Fellowship of the Cast.

It starts out with Peter Jackson talking about how they were really nervous about the cast never having worked together before and most of them hadn’t even met each other before, when six weeks out from the shoot everyone starts getting off of the planes.

Billy Boyd and Orlando Bloom start telling the story about meeting in Heathrow Airport. Billy sees Orlando and thinks, “He looks elf-like.” He walks over to him and says, “You wouldn’t be Orlando Bloom would you?” and Orlando yells “BILLY”! Billy Boyd talks about it being his birthday and says, “And it’s my birthday as well. I’d just turned thirty that day.” But that isn’t how it sounds to me. Sometimes I have a little trouble understanding Billy Boyd and it sounds to me like he says; and it’s a might busty as well... And when we get to LA, due to the time difference. it’s a might busty again!

Dominic Monaghan talks about how Peter Jackson had just the four hobbits work together for about two months, and Peter talks about how he really hoped that those four guys would bond because it would be a lot easier if everyone got along and also it would come across in the movie. I wonder; was that just part of how Peter works? Is that a common thing directors worry about, or was it just a special situation with these particular movies? What do you think?

Next, each actor talks a little about getting to know each other and how it was just the boys except when Cate Blanchett or Liv Tyler would be there. Liv Tyler says, “I was so nervous to meet them. When I think about the way I saw them, completely different from how I see them now, but they’re all so cuuute!” I am amazed at how Liv Tyler is always smiling. Smile

Now it is time for each actor to be talked about and told stories about by all of the other actors. It is Elijah Wood’s turn first.

Billy Boyd talks about Elijah being able to sleep anywhere at anytime and Dominic Monaghan talks about Elijah’s ability to fall down stairs. Then Sean Astin tells how he felt that it was his duty to look after Elijah the way Sam looked after Frodo and talks about Elijah locking himself out of his apartment and Sean taking care of it for him.

Now it is Sean Astin’s turn. Billy Boyd starts out saying how Sean had a different experience than the other three because he was there with his wife and daughter. Then they all get into talking about his obsession with safety and start telling about how he tried to help guide the helicopters. You can see the gleam in their eyes as they enjoy the process of picking on Sean. Dominic tells about how they are all enjoying the ride and talking to the pilot and Sean says that the others were all talking and laughing and scratching . . .Scratching? Anyway, they go on and tell about how Sean tried to keep the pilot “informed”, and after landing, guide the other helicopters in to land. Fade to black with the sound of a helicopter flying over.

Dominic Monaghan:
“Billy Boyd is a unique guy. I am so blessed to have met him.”

Billy Boyd:
“Dom’s an idiot.”

From here the two proceed to tell about Dominic getting a splinter in his foot while filming the Bucklebury Ferry scene. Dominic tells the story very seriously, saying that the splinter was huge and was probably made of titanium and Billy is laughing through the whole story.

Up next is Viggo Mortensen. Peter Jackson starts out saying how another actor had been cast as Aragorn and they realized that the part had been cast too young and they were now without an Aragorn. Viggo tells about how he received a phone call and they wanted him to come to New Zealand the next day to play Aragorn. He asked if he could think it over and he was told that he had till that afternoon. Viggo and Peter then talk about how it was Viggo’s son that talked him into taking the part. Gee, I wonder what kind of deal Viggo got out of the studio?

Sean Bean says that Viggo is always doing things like getting hold of Kiran and pretending to throw him over the edge of the mountain.

Elijah Wood:
“You can see the wildness in his eyes. He would go slightly mental. Something kind of clicks. CLICK.”

Peter Jackson says that Viggo always kept his sword with him and took it everywhere. Viggo tells about walking down the street after a rehearsal, still dressed as Aragorn, swinging his sword about trying to remember the scene when he is suddenly surrounded by police cars. I can just picture the fight scene at Weathertop, only instead of Nazgul there are New Zealand police.

John Rhys-Davies is next and they start out with Dominic Monaghan telling a story and he imitates John in the process. I absolutely love it when Dominic does impersonations of the other cast members. I could listen for hours. One story that he tells is about when they all went to a restaurant and John said that he would do the ordering.

Dominic Monaghan:
“Oh, OK John, on you go. . . And John ordered, you know, food that would probably have fed maybe 35 or 40 people and there were about 12 of us, you know. He said we’ll have 9 lobsters and 15 shrimp and 12 red snapper, 15 filet mignon and some grilled mushrooms, I’ll have 12 onions and wild boar, - and, you know, all this kind of stuff just like - pheasant and grouse. You have partridge? Bring the partridge. . .”

We get to hear a bit about boating accidents involving Dwarves and Elves and how Sean Bean would give Orlando’s boat a knock with his oar whenever he got a chance. “I can’t! It’s Bean! He’s put my boat in the wrong direction!” And we get to hear about how Orlando got the most un-envious job of driving Liv Tyler around because she was afraid to drive on the left. Poor Orlando! Wink

Did you know that how Ian McKellen made Gandalf sound was based on Tolkien? Peter Jackson describes how Ian listened to recordings of Tolkien and Ian demonstrates how he changed his voice and mode of speech to do Gandalf. In my opinion, Gandalf doesn’t sound anything like Ian Mckellen and I think that is amazing.

Ian McKellen, Elijah Wood, and Sean Astin talk about how Ian had to share a trailer with the four hobbits. The four hobbits, especially Elijah and Dominic, liked to play rather loud music that wasn’t always to Ian’s taste. But Ian says that there was no tension because of it. Hmm, I wonder.

Ian Holm isn’t interviewed like the others. He is interviewed on the Bag End set and that makes it seem odd. McKellen describes how Ian Holm played Bilbo a little differently with each take in order to provide Peter Jackson with a kaleidoscope of Bilbos to chose from.

Christopher Lee has actually met Tolkien and has read LOTR every year for decades. Peter Jackson tells how he never had to talk to him about who Saruman was because Christopher Lee already knew the character completely.

Liv Tyler wasn’t in New Zealand the entire time and Elijah Wood talks a little about how she didn’t get to experience the same kind of camaraderie as the rest of them. Viggo said that when Liv Tyler or Cate Blanchett would come to the set it affected the way people behaved. I bet it did! Evil

Viggo Mortensen says that he really looked forward to working with Cate Blanchett in the gift giving scene because they got to speak Elvish to each other. That is one of my favorite scenes. I think that it is so Middle-earth and so Tolkien to hear Aragorn and Galadriel speaking Elvish to each other.

Hugo Weaving is talked about next. Peter says that actors like Cate Blanchett and Liv Tyler and Hugo Weaving have the power to play ethereal non-humans. Ian McKellen talks about how they would talk about different things they had done in theater and Orlando Bloom says that Hugo assumed the character of Elrond so easily and that he had all the authority of Elrond.

Kiran Shah was “the lord of the scale doubles” according to Elijah Wood. Viggo says that Kiran was the ring leader and that he ran a very tight ship. Where in the world did they ever get those huge swords that they are practicing with? Someone tells Kiran that they are thinking of setting him on fire and Kiran replies that if that happens he would be glad to do it.

Fon Chansantor, from Thailand, was Billy Boyd’s scale double. Billy talks about how she wanted to be a stuntwoman, except that she hates being on a horse.

Martin Gay was the scale double for Dominic Monaghan. Martin was 12 years old at the time and Dominic says that he thinks that they chose Martin because he had this kind of twitchy, nervous energy that he thought Merry seamed to have at the start of the movie.

The scale double that played Gimli was Brett Beattie. He is four foot nine and a half and has a black belt in martial arts. Apparently, he had problems with his knees and then injured himself even more, but just kept going.

BK Kannada was Sean Astin’s scale double. BK has a strong Indian accent and Dominic and Elijah enjoy imitating him. As I said before, I absolutely love to hear Dominic Monaghan imitate people, but when Elijah imitates BK he sounds like Yoda. BK likes to play chess and Sean Astin tells how he would play chess with BK and BK would be dressed as Sam and wearing a mask of Sean, so it was like playing chess with a smaller version of himself, except that BK would always win. Dominic tells about how BK liked to boss around Viggo and tells a story about the time Viggo caught a fish and was going to cook it. BK is yelling at Viggo, “Open oven and cook rice and get colander and bring me knife and bring me fork!” and Viggo is running around saying “OK, OK.”

Well, it must be about at the end, because “The Fellowship Theme” is playing again and they are all talking about how they have all become such wonderful friends and will probably remain friends forever. They all have so many memories of the adventures they shared while making these movies, and now they have shared some of those memories with us. Smile

If you have any questions or comments or want to talk about anything that I left out, and I did leave things out, please feel free. So, what did you think of The Fellowship of the Cast?

Movie Technical Discussion -- Index

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Sep 6 2009, 7:39pm)

hobbitlove
Gondor

Sep 6 2009, 2:21pm

Post #2 of 23 (861 views)
Shortcut
This was the beginning of my love affair.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Beautiful post, OH! Just brought it all back so nicely.
Wonderful stuff in this feature of the Appendices. These stories just made me fall in love with them all. I think we began to truly get to know these actors, whom we now consider a sort of 'film family', as they tell these now familiar stories about each other.
I am so thankful they allowed them tell some of them in these interviews, filmed it for us, and that the actors knew how much it would come to mean to us, these affectionate views of one another. It seems each wanted to share this stuff.
I wonder if the director of the extras features (we're talking about Michael Pellerin, right?) realized the special, heart-warming nature of all the cast members' stories and how much they would mean to us fans.
Who thought of the title "Fellowship of the cast"? Not a hard choice, probably, but surely a sentimental choice, at any rate. Even the DVD makers couldn't be cynical about all this.
One other thought, Isn't it so much better that they would 'dish the dirt' on each other with humor, love, and affection for each other and no tacky tattle-taling?
No one seems to want to complain about anything or anyone - just share the fun, and no one tries to make their fellow cast members look bad. There is so little ego or vanity.
Thanks so much for a fine, fine presentation of this most favorite part of the Appendices.
{{hugs}}
hob

hob

OhioHobbit
Gondor

Sep 6 2009, 4:43pm

Post #3 of 23 (898 views)
Shortcut
You know... [In reply to] Can't Post

I really do love these stories. It must have been a lot of fun editing them all together. Just imagine asking one person to tell about a certain thing, then another person, then another, and then choping the stories all up and intercutting them. And you know that they were sometimes told what the other people said. In the boat sinking story Orlando Bloom says, "Did he really say that was my fault? He's unbelieveable man!"

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 6 2009, 7:44pm

Post #4 of 23 (1090 views)
Shortcut
Can you imagine [In reply to] Can't Post

trying to talk about a group of police officers about why you're swinging a sword around on a street? "I'm an actor! No really!"

The stories in the police canteen that night would have been interesting.
"So what did you get today?"
"A traffic accident, a couple of burglaries and a sword-wielding visitor - you know, the usual..."

And Dom and Billy are priceless. :D

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

hobbitlove
Gondor

Sep 6 2009, 10:21pm

Post #5 of 23 (880 views)
Shortcut
I had forgotten that. Yes, so fun to be in on the joke, so to speak. [In reply to] Can't Post

The first thing I thought when I read your discussion post was how much I wanted to watch this again. So, as soon as things settle down a bit, we're going to do that. Revisiting the Appendices is a very cheering thing when we do it - was last Spring when we thought about these discussions in the first place.
Going there (to those interviews and all the making-of segments) just kinda makes your day, doesn't it?
Again and again one has to say how fortunate we are that we have these DVDs.
"Special" hardly covers it.

{hugs}
hob

hob

OhioHobbit
Gondor

Sep 6 2009, 10:59pm

Post #6 of 23 (986 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess that it was a good thing that it was Viggo practicing Aragorn and not Lawrence Makoare practicing Lurtz! I know that doesn’t make sense because Makoare wouldn’t be in costume and makeup, but it’s a funny thought.

Loresilme
Valinor

Sep 7 2009, 3:36am

Post #7 of 23 (882 views)
Shortcut
"Might busty"!! LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, that 'might busty' part? That was Billy saying it was 'my birthday'. So the joke was that as they were getting on the plane, it was his birthday. And then when they landed after that long flight, because of the time / date difference, it was his birthday again.

Although I think I'm going to remember 'might busty' and I think that should be a TORN secret code for ... something. Let's think of something EvilSly...!

Great summary OH! And I think that BK story at the end, was that the one also where Viggo kept saying that BK used curry on everything, just like absolutely anything, he'd pour curry on it? Their stories are so funny Sly.

batik
Tol Eressea

Sep 7 2009, 5:24am

Post #8 of 23 (1042 views)
Shortcut
well I think I know... [In reply to] Can't Post

what I will do tomorrow...today...a re-watch of this part of the Appendices!
But somethings...I can recall clear as a bell>>> that part with Elijah talking about Viggo--the inflection he used...sliiight-ly mental. LaughLaugh
And the whole splinter-in-the-foot deal. Was it here or during the commentary that Billy really cracked on Dom about his breaking out in a sweat and the splinter being tiny?
I have to pause here to say that I found Billy and Dom to be off chart funny during both the commentary and the appendices. And I really thought the two of them would do some kind of project together in the future. *Hint* to somebody! Come on!
OK. Orlando...I sort of came away with the impression that he was a bit in awe of a lot of the folks he worked with. Sweet!
Viggo...*that's* Aragorn?!? Wow! What a chameleon (sp?)! Loved that dry wit thing he had going much of the time as he related a story.
That's all for now! Some-else already posted something about this being where the love affair began...yup.

(This post was edited by batik on Sep 7 2009, 5:25am)

OhioHobbit
Gondor

Sep 7 2009, 2:53pm

Post #9 of 23 (810 views)
Shortcut
TORN secret code. [In reply to] Can't Post

…I think that should be a TORN secret code for ... something. Let's think of something EvilSly...!

Oh, I think so. Wink

Yes, that BK story is where Viggo said that BK put curry on everything. Viggo had cooked the fish and asked BK how he liked it and BK said, “it’s OK.”
“Didn’t you like it?”
“It’s not how I would have made it.”
“How would you have made it?”
“I would have made fish curry. Smile

OhioHobbit
Gondor

Sep 7 2009, 3:02pm

Post #10 of 23 (831 views)
Shortcut
Sliiight-ly mental. [In reply to] Can't Post

But somethings...I can recall clear as a bell>>> that part with Elijah talking about Viggo--the inflection he used...sliiight-ly mental.

Another one is where Elijah is describing how BK would always beat Sean Astan at chess. “He would kick his A@?$%. Sly

And the whole splinter-in-the-foot deal. Was it here or during the commentary that Billy really cracked on Dom about his breaking out in a sweat and the splinter being tiny?

Yep. And then anytime Dom would look distressed Billy would ask, “Is it a splinter is it? Are you OK?”

I agree about Dom and Billy. Hey, if they ever have trouble finding work they could just go on the road together.

Viggo…it always amazes me when a character is so different from the actor. I guess that is why they get paid the big bucks. Wink

jschomburg
Rivendell

Sep 7 2009, 6:08pm

Post #11 of 23 (815 views)
Shortcut
Also enjoyed Viggo's story about Kiran (I think) in the boat... [In reply to] Can't Post

Viggo was describing how they were going down the river Anduin for a wide shot and Kiran was telling Viggo to "save yourself" if the boat tipped over or sunk, that he could not swim and he was even afraid to take a bath. Viggo's description of how they talked without trying to move their lips, as they were being filmed was very funny!!

OhioHobbit
Gondor

Sep 7 2009, 7:24pm

Post #12 of 23 (1220 views)
Shortcut
I love that story. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think that Viggo does a terrific job telling that. One thing that I get a kick out of is how Viggo cracks up at the end. You can tell that he is quite pleased with that story himself.

Zmulady
Rohan

Sep 8 2009, 8:41pm

Post #13 of 23 (868 views)
Shortcut
Aren't they great!! [In reply to] Can't Post

This is my favorite part too. I love all the little stories they told. It almost makes you feel like you were there. The Viggo/BK part is the funniest for sure. I also like Orlando's bit about him having to grab Brett out of the water, because he was going down. Orlando's facial and water impressions are good.

OhioHobbit
Gondor

Sep 9 2009, 11:57am

Post #14 of 23 (778 views)
Shortcut
They do make you feel like you were there. [In reply to] Can't Post

I enjoy Orlando's story too. I really get a kick out of the way he gets so in to it that he doesn’t seem to ever complete a sentence! Wink

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 9 2009, 7:01pm

Post #15 of 23 (910 views)
Shortcut
*applause* It's the Fellowship! It's the Fellowship! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

…it would be a lot easier if everyone got along and also it would come across in the movie. I wonder; was that just part of how Peter works? Is that a common thing directors worry about, or was it just a special situation with these particular movies? What do you think?
It's got to be a nightmare for directors AND actors when they're thrown in with people they don't like. Especially for this monstrous shoot. I'm of a mind that this was one of the problems with Stewart Townsend (original Aragorn). Age wasn’t always the problem in their casting (i.e. Billy & Elijah)… so there must have been some interesting conflicts going on there.

…tell about how Sean tried to keep the pilot “informed”, and after landing, guide the other helicopters in to land. Fade to black with the sound of a helicopter flying over.
I'm sorry… but that helicopter sound flying overhead at the end of Sean's bit just rips me up! BWAHAHAHAHAA!!! Poor Sean… trying to be Mister… Involved! *still sniggering*

“You can see the wildness in his eyes. He would go slightly mental. Something kind of clicks. CLICK.”
I love Elijah's face as he tells about Viggo's wild side. He looks in awe and disbelieving… but it's the twist of his hands and the *click* that makes me laugh! It's so hard to picture that stoic Ranger threatening to pitch doubles over the cliff or tackling his cohorts out of nowhere :D

I absolutely love it when Dominic does impersonations of the other cast members. I could listen for hours. One story that he tells is about when they all went to a restaurant and John said that he would do the ordering.
OH FERSHER!!! Dom is one of the best story tellers out there! The way he falls in and out of characters as he tells it… with his own reactions mixed in there. He does it again with the Viggo/BK fish story. Priceless!!

Ian demonstrates how he changed his voice and mode of speech to do Gandalf. In my opinion, Gandalf doesn’t sound anything like Ian Mckellen and I think that is amazing.
Isn't that really amazing! He morphs into Gandalf before our eyes… and really does feel like Tolkien is inhabiting him.

I remember an interview by someone else (can't remember the name) who tells about Ian coming in for some headshot photographs to be taken. He came in and just stood there when the photographer says something to the effect of, "Oh. You don't look the same as the other pictures I've seen." Whereupon Sir Ian's face and posture change before the photographer's mesmerized eyes. WOW! There's Gandalf!

The four hobbits, especially Elijah and Dominic, liked to play rather loud music that wasn’t always to Ian’s taste.
Always the gentleman, our Ian. But you KNOW that music drove him crazy!!! And the hobbits were very aware of it as they tried to temper themselves. I crack up at Elijah's description of Ian's protesting. Urrrhhhhh! *fist raises* URHHHHHHHH! *breaks into giggle* You couldn't always tell what he was saying… but he was just protesting!

Ian Holm isn’t interviewed like the others. He is interviewed on the Bag End set and that makes it seem odd.
Ian Holm, and Cate Blanchett, were only filming in NZ for a couple of weeks, so it would make sense that they'd be interviewed in a different area and setup. :)

The scale double that played Gimli was Brett Beattie. He is four foot nine and a half and has a black belt in martial arts. Apparently, he had problems with his knees and then injured himself even more, but just kept going.
Brett is one of the unsung heroes of the films, imho. He plowed on and on and on with very little fanfare. Don't get me wrong… he's well received at conventions and such; but he really did contribute so much to these films! Wonderful guy!

Dominic tells about how BK liked to boss around Viggo
BK bossing around Viggo just cracks me up every time I listen to it… but it wouldn't be half as hilarious if it weren't for Dom's telling of it all. Even Viggo gets in there and chuckled through a scenario of cooking the fish… sans curry ;)
Most excellent walk through one of my all-time favourite extras, OhioHobbit! Thanks so much!!

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

OhioHobbit
Gondor

Sep 9 2009, 11:06pm

Post #16 of 23 (756 views)
Shortcut
Aren’t they great? [In reply to] Can't Post

You know, I have found that it is not only fun watching The Fellowship of the Cast, but it is a lot of fun discussing it too. Wink

Thanks for all your comments, Gramma. Smile

Lossefalme
Gondor

Sep 10 2009, 12:41am

Post #17 of 23 (821 views)
Shortcut
*Looks around sheepishly* [In reply to] Can't Post

It's hard for me to admit after reading this, but I've never watched it! I love things like that, but have always been afraid that the appendices would ruin the movies for me; somehow take away some of the magic. The only one I have watched is all the goodbyes from RotK, (which makes me cry every time). Now I can't wait to watch this one because those are just the kinds of stories I love. Thank you, OH!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Aragorn threw back his cloak. The elven-sheath glittered as he grasped it, and the bright blade of Andúril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. “Elendil!” he cried. “I am Aragorn son of Arathorn, and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dúnadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil’s son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!” TTT, Book III, Chapter 2
And Éomer answered: “Since the day when you rose before me out of the green grass of the downs I have loved you, and that love shall not fail.” RotK, Book VI, Chapter 5

OhioHobbit
Gondor

Sep 10 2009, 2:16am

Post #18 of 23 (777 views)
Shortcut
Oh, Boy! Are you in for a treat! [In reply to] Can't Post

But, I would really like to know what you think of it after you have seen it.

batik
Tol Eressea

Sep 10 2009, 3:45am

Post #19 of 23 (773 views)
Shortcut
2nd-ing what OhioHobbit said... [In reply to] Can't Post

lucky you!!!!!!! It might be like getting another really great gift long after the big party. At least that what's *finally* hearing about the "easter eggs" was like for me--about a year ago. Much smaller scale than this but still--a bonus.

Elven
Valinor

Sep 10 2009, 11:50am

Post #20 of 23 (749 views)
Shortcut
Thankyou OhioHobbit! ... [In reply to] Can't Post

What a wonderful summary of such shinanigans from a magnificent cast and bunch of friends.
I wonder if they still keep in touch with each other ... I suppose with an experience like LOTR you never forget your friends ... nor the tattoo either Cool

I do love Billy Boyds laugh and the way he tells a story. He's so Tookish!
and I certainly agree with you on Doms mimmicking of the other actors - I cant help but laugh!

Thankyou OhioHobbit!
Just wonderful!

Cheers
Elven x

Swishtail.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Avatar: Liberace - The other Lord of the Rings.

Quote of The Week: The thing is I always write in the morning, and I know that if I go to the Net I won’t write ... you can start in the most scholarly website and end up at Paris Hilton dot com .. GdT

OhioHobbit
Gondor

Sep 10 2009, 5:17pm

Post #21 of 23 (741 views)
Shortcut
Don’t you think . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

that “shenanigans” and “bunch of friends” pretty much sums it all up? I wonder about their keeping in touch with each other also.

I think that Billy Boyd IS a Took, and I mean that as a compliment! Wink

Thanks, Elven!

Henoluin Elsilim
Rivendell

Sep 10 2009, 9:28pm

Post #22 of 23 (744 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic post! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks so much for doing this post. It was extremely enjoyable and made me smile! Smile

Watching the interviews with the cast and hearing them talk about how close they all were and how much fun they had doing the films always made me jealous. They all have so much fun!
I love when Dom does his impersinations of people. He does it so well and its lawyas hilarious!!
I haven't actually gotten around to re-watching this DVD yet... I had better get on it!

~ Henoluin ~

Lord of the Rings

Gerard Butler for Bard!
Zachery Quinto for Thranduil!

OhioHobbit
Gondor

Sep 11 2009, 12:23am

Post #23 of 23 (740 views)
Shortcut
Thank you, Henoluin Elsilim. . . [In reply to] Can't Post

I’m glad that you enjoyed it. Smile

Watching the interviews with the cast and hearing them talk about how close they all were and how much fun they had doing the films always made me jealous. They all have so much fun!

I know what you mean. Watching it makes me feel the same way. I wish that I could experience something like that.

I love when Dom does his impersonations of people. He does it so well and it’s always hilarious!!

He does do it well, doesn’t he? Dom is terrific!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.