Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
URGENT ----> More Radio City Hotel Rooms are available at the special concert rate!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Aug 18 2009, 6:52am

Post #26 of 41 (486 views)
Shortcut
special rate rooms still available as of 17 Aug // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

Fool of a Took
Bree

Aug 23 2009, 12:51am

Post #27 of 41 (482 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you a million times over Altaira! Fool of a Took will be there with his significant other. This will be my first gathering with Torn folks, and I am looking forward to meeting all of you!

"Despair, or folly?" said Gandalf. "It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt."

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great."

http://www.hobbitmeals.wordpress.com

Altaira
Superuser

Aug 23 2009, 3:54am

Post #28 of 41 (484 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

How exciting that this will be your first moot! Laugh I so fondly remember my first, and second, and third.... moots. Fair warning though - it can become VERY addictive! Cool

I can vouch for the fact that the people you meet, and the experiences you have during this weekend, will be some of the best of your life, and will change your life forever.. in a VERY positive way.

So, SO glad you're coming, Fool of a Took! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Aug 24 2009, 5:59am

Post #29 of 41 (453 views)
Shortcut
I'm coming, I'm coming! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just reserved a room at the hotel, having finally decided to go. I would like to apologise to my bathroom, who will now have to wait an extra couple of months for a refit! Blame deej! Tongue

Can't wait to meet everyone! Smile

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 24 2009, 8:15am

Post #30 of 41 (442 views)
Shortcut
Yeah!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Great you can make it! See you there!

Tamara
Rivendell

Aug 24 2009, 1:20pm

Post #31 of 41 (438 views)
Shortcut
Glad typo hear you found a room! [In reply to] Can't Post

Being a Steward of Harvard is almost as good as being Steward of Gondor, but I'm headed for Minas Tirith (New Zealand) in 2011!

Tamara
Rivendell

Aug 24 2009, 6:57pm

Post #32 of 41 (455 views)
Shortcut
Looking for one more roommate! [In reply to] Can't Post

Does anyone else want to go? Lith, Overlithe64, and I have one more space in our room for Thursday through Sunday night. I have the room to myself on Thursday and Sunday nights, so it would be great to find someone who wants to split the cost in case L&O can still only make it on Friday and Saturday.

PM me ASAP if you are interested!
---Tamara

Being a Steward of Harvard is almost as good as being Steward of Gondor, but I'm headed for Minas Tirith (New Zealand) in 2011!

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 24 2009, 7:04pm

Post #33 of 41 (462 views)
Shortcut
ElanorTX may need a roommate : link to other thread inside [In reply to] Can't Post

http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=210828#210828

LOTR soundtrack website
Torn Image Posting Guide
magpie avatar gallery

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Aug 28 2009, 7:59am

Post #34 of 41 (425 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't wait to meet you!

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography ~ My LOTR fan fiction

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Aug 30 2009, 12:01am

Post #35 of 41 (473 views)
Shortcut
I found one - thanks anyway! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

weathertop
Rohan

Sep 15 2009, 6:06pm

Post #36 of 41 (460 views)
Shortcut
anyone know if there are still rooms available? [In reply to] Can't Post

finally got a friend to commit to take my extra ticket for friday night's show. now he needs a place to stay. i looked at the availability using the link here and no luck on the discounted price. all i see are $365+ per night...

would i need to call up Randy? Wendy? in doing so, tell them he's with TORn or LOTR event?

thanks!

(This post was edited by weathertop on Sep 15 2009, 6:09pm)

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 15 2009, 8:31pm

Post #37 of 41 (428 views)
Shortcut
According to this [In reply to] Can't Post

link: http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=207785;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_expanded;

The special rate is sold out.

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.

`Are these magic cloaks? ' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.

`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

weathertop
Rohan

Sep 15 2009, 9:57pm

Post #38 of 41 (410 views)
Shortcut
darn... [In reply to] Can't Post

he just got the ok from work for the vacation...wish it would have come a week earlier.

Sunflower
Valinor

Sep 17 2009, 1:59am

Post #39 of 41 (393 views)
Shortcut
Double darn [In reply to] Can't Post

Some of you may know that I was going to the U2 concert at Giants Stadium Sept 24. I said I'd try to see if I could find someone to stay with for the nights of the show, and this.

Good news: After *months* of trying, some kind soul has agreed to take me in the night of the 24th, I leave on the train for Albany the next morning.
Bad news: He lives well north of the City, near Croton-Harmon, which normally isn't 20 minutes north of the city but is a nightmare in morning rush hour--so even if I was driving down and could stay in his place, it would be a NIGHTMARE as I could not make any of the morning events--esp as I signed up for a Saturday morming manuscript tour.
BUT I am taking the train down, of course. And he has told me that he is going to be out of town from the 5th-10th, so even if it was otherwise possible, saying at his place is not an option.

So---I am still with the same problem: Absolutely cannot afford to split a hotel room at *any* price, and need a place to stay. Haivnt to stay with someone is the only option. I have all the time off of work, and with careful planning, will have enough for all the other events.
But with the train fare etc, I have nothing else to spare for a room...

Am REALLY starting to panic now--esp as I know of none of the NYC subbies who can help...

Crashing at Penn Station waiting room is not going to be an option!Smile If this were any other trip to NYC, I'd be almost that desperate!:)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 18 2009, 10:40am

Post #40 of 41 (383 views)
Shortcut
So... has everyone got their room/roommate plans settled? // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 18 2009, 4:55pm

Post #41 of 41 (512 views)
Shortcut
I'm the same way, Magpie :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Too much wonderfulness overwhelms me sometimes... and a bit of quiet where I can unplug seems to do the trick. I call those overload times "Hitting the wall". Even if I wanted to keep going, I'm fading. :)

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.