Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
[not totally OT] So I was watching this YouTube video interview with a guy from Iran

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Aug 3 2009, 9:32pm

Post #1 of 3 (186 views)
Shortcut
[not totally OT] So I was watching this YouTube video interview with a guy from Iran Can't Post

and it's a really interesting interview (about 8 minutes long), so it should be watched for that reason alone. But then I was very surprised by the last line, which had me ROTFL.

The last line is probably funnier if you watch the whole video, but if you absolutely have to, skip right to the end.
http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2009/08/a-mouthpiece-for-a-repressive-dying-regime.html

The mispronunciation makes it even funnier, IMO. Laugh

"I deemed it the worst part of all my journey, the road back, watching him day and night, making him walk before me with a halter on his neck, gagged, until he was tamed by lack of drink and food, driving him ever towards Mirkwood."

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 3 2009, 10:57pm

Post #2 of 3 (81 views)
Shortcut
yeah. I LOLed too. // [In reply to] Can't Post

LOTR soundtrack website : TTT Lyrics Update May 09
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Aug 4 2009, 6:34am

Post #3 of 3 (128 views)
Shortcut
They did just show the LOTR films there, didn't they? [In reply to] Can't Post

Interesting to see this! A book written by a British author and adapted in New Zealand as huge multi-billion dollar films gets mentioned by an Iranian professor to an American journalist. Whether he thought of the books or films, who knows.

I love how the world works at times.

Eh, as for this professor himself and his stance... I saw two news stories on top of one another today. One was about Bill Clinton going to N. Korea to try and free the American journalists found wandering there some weeks back. The other was about the hikers being captured in Iran. I'm sure I'm not the only one to make the comparison.

Thanks for the link!

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography ~ My LOTR fan fiction

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.