The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Sooo...

.Ithilwen.
Rivendell

Jul 8 2009, 9:43pm

Post #1 of 12 (1200 views)
Shortcut
Sooo... Can't Post

Mum said yes to going on The Red Carpet tour...
(https://www.redcarpet-tours.com/index.cfm)
But she's hesitant to go spend 3 weeks in a country with what she perceives as an even greater deficit of attractive gentleman then the greater Allentown, PA area…So the beautiful scenery from our all time favorite movies, new cultural experiences, and fine dining isn’t enough, …There must be hot guys…*sigh*

Yep…so there it is in a nutshell…
*smacks forehead*

Help!!!

El eria e mor
I `lir en el luitha `uren

(A star rises out of the darkness. The song of the star enchants my heart)

~Aníron, Enya

NARF since summer '08 when I wouldn't read anything written by Tolkien because my Mum called it classic literature...

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Jul 8 2009, 10:24pm

Post #2 of 12 (1000 views)
Shortcut
*chortles* All that is gold does not glitter... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmm, three weeks - who knows what hunky males your Mum will espy during the tour? It will be a wonderful experience! (The tour, I mean!)

Every time she starts scanning the crowds hopefully for eye candy, ask her, 'What do your elf eyes see?' and she might just settle down and enjoy the trip!

Fool of a Took
Bree

Jul 9 2009, 12:21am

Post #3 of 12 (984 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm imagining your mum in the Lothlorien scene in place of Sam (in the Peter Jackson version). Instead of saying "Do you have another one of those nice shiny daggers?" she asks, "Can I take one of those elf hunks that keep lingering in the background?"

"Despair, or folly?" said Gandalf. "It is not despair, for despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt."

"This is the hour of the Shire-folk, when they arise from their quiet fields to shake the towers and counsels of the Great."

http://hobbitmeals.wordpress.com

.Ithilwen.
Rivendell

Jul 9 2009, 12:52am

Post #4 of 12 (982 views)
Shortcut
haha! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh dear Unsure
I couls easily see Mum doing that...
She'd grab Haldir (aka Craig Parker) and disappear for all eternity...
...If only he liked women *sad fangirl sigh* ....

El eria e mor

~Aníron, Enya

NARF since summer '08 when I wouldn't read anything written by Tolkien because my Mum called it classic literature...

Alicia
Lorien

Jul 9 2009, 1:10am

Post #5 of 12 (971 views)
Shortcut
Lucky lucky lucky you!!!!!!!!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And insanely jealous at the same time... I need to go back there immediately!! I'm in NJ; can I hitch a ride in your suitcase? Wink I don't weigh much, I promise. When are you going?

Also: Craig Parker doesn't like women? Call me naive, but I had no idea! Well, good for the male half of the population, then! LOL

-Alicia

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jul 9 2009, 1:48am)

.Ithilwen.
Rivendell

Jul 9 2009, 1:58am

Post #6 of 12 (973 views)
Shortcut
:) [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course! I'll make some room in my carry on for you! Smile
We're headed over end of the year, most likely December.

(This post was edited by Altaira on Jul 9 2009, 3:11am)

Alicia
Lorien

Jul 9 2009, 2:05am

Post #7 of 12 (962 views)
Shortcut
YES!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Last time I weighed myself, I was 112 lbs. And I can curl up pretty small! Wink
-Alicia

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Jul 9 2009, 8:00am

Post #8 of 12 (949 views)
Shortcut
Oh, for herself! [In reply to] Can't Post

I looked to your profile and was about to comment that it's a bit early for your Mum to ship you off with some fellow... ah, the beauty of sudden realization.

As for fellows, at least there is the beautiful accent! New Zealand accent... very lovely. I wouldn't mind hearing that for weeks Angelic

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography ~ My LOTR fan fiction

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 9 2009, 8:44am

Post #9 of 12 (951 views)
Shortcut
I dunno ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Kiwi men aren't that bad. There's plenty of good-looking guys out there. Annoyingly I was unable to find many single good-looking guys, but if your mum's after eye-candy it is there. Honest. Just turn on the rugby. Cool

Soren Larsen

Off to sea ...

.Ithilwen.
Rivendell

Jul 9 2009, 1:26pm

Post #10 of 12 (943 views)
Shortcut
only problem is [In reply to] Can't Post

She won't even glance at a guy less then about 6' tall (about 183 cm).
Because she's 6 ft...At least there's hope for me! I'm 5' 7" (172cm)...
She's tortures me with visions of 6ft 4in vikings. Where's a tall Eomer when u need him...

El eria e mor

~Aníron, Enya

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jul 9 2009, 5:28pm

Post #11 of 12 (930 views)
Shortcut
If that's torture... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hurt me! Hurt me! ;)
My own modern vikings weren't quite 6' 4", usually, but the faces were extraordinary! =)

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 9 2009, 7:12pm

Post #12 of 12 (1024 views)
Shortcut
Still not really an issue! [In reply to] Can't Post

Most Kiwis are pretty tall, especially the Maori and Polynesian blokes. I think it's partly because the early settlers had to be tough to survive out there.

Where now the horse and the rider?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.