Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
PJ & GdT choose this years NZ48hr short film wildcard entries ...

Elven
Valinor

Jun 4 2009, 2:17pm

Post #1 of 3 (170 views)
Shortcut
PJ & GdT choose this years NZ48hr short film wildcard entries ... Can't Post

Each year in cities around the world, mad Film Makers make a film in 48hrs. In NZ they held their comp heats last month, and each year PJ has selected a Wild Card entry from the hundreds of films made in the NZ leg of the comp. This year GdT's name has joined PJ in selection process.

So, congratulations to the 3 Wild Card picks:

The Downlow Concept - "It's Like We're Back in Primary School"
IdiotVision - "The Revenger"
Goodfellas - "Fanatics"

NZ48HR film comp website:
http://www.48hours.co.nz/2009/

Cheers
Elven x

Swishtail.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Avatar: Liberace - The other Lord of the Rings.

Quote of The Week: The thing is I always write in the morning, and I know that if I go to the Net I won’t write ... you can start in the most scholarly website and end up at Paris Hilton dot com .. GdT

ringers rock!
Rivendell

Jun 5 2009, 2:38pm

Post #2 of 3 (80 views)
Shortcut
I'm doing 48hr this year [In reply to] Can't Post

Ours takes place at the end of the month. But I'm positive there's no one with that kind of pull judging the categories...maybe I should have another look. What an honor for the NZ winners!

(Vote for me ATL sibs!)

Elven
Valinor

Jun 5 2009, 4:29pm

Post #3 of 3 (129 views)
Shortcut
Arrgghh!! :D Let me know .... [In reply to] Can't Post

where you are and how you go!!
I tried to get onto a team in NZ for this one but no one got back to me FrownFrown
We won the Sydney leg of the 48hr last year - it was awesome - but we didnt get anywhere in the world finals in Florida. Our team got a trophy (to share) though from Florida but if I want my trophy I have to buy mine $100+US ... Im saving for it Tongue LOL!!

Im thrilled to hear someone else dos these mad comps.
Hopefully I can get a team together this year Smile
Im looking forward to it!

Cheers
Elven x

Swishtail.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Avatar: Liberace - The other Lord of the Rings.

Quote of The Week: The thing is I always write in the morning, and I know that if I go to the Net I won’t write ... you can start in the most scholarly website and end up at Paris Hilton dot com .. GdT

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.