Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
My drawing I drew as a kid

Blandalfthepurple
The Shire

Apr 22 2007, 12:45am

Post #1 of 8 (310 views)
Shortcut
My drawing I drew as a kid Can't Post

I finally got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

"You shall not PASS!!!!!!!!!!" ( my favorite part in lotr:fotr)

(This post was edited by Blandalfthepurple on Apr 22 2007, 12:46am)

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Apr 22 2007, 3:21am

Post #2 of 8 (167 views)
Shortcut
What fun! Here's my drawing I drew as a kid [In reply to] Can't Post

back in *cough* 1970. It's supposed to be Aragorn emerging from the Paths of the Dead:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
Chance Meeting at Rivendell: a Tolkien Fanfic
and some other stuff I wrote...
leleni at hotmail dot com

Blandalfthepurple
The Shire

Apr 26 2007, 10:50pm

Post #3 of 8 (141 views)
Shortcut
Your Drawing [In reply to] Can't Post

I like it. I sketched a picture of gandalf and im planing on putting it on here i think its the best thing that i have ever drawn and if its the best then its probably not very good

"You shall not PASS!!!!!!!!!!" ( my favorite part in lotr:fotr)

WonderBroad
Lorien

Apr 27 2007, 12:00am

Post #4 of 8 (116 views)
Shortcut
re: [In reply to] Can't Post

I think these are great. It's fun to see early works by other artists. I wish I still had my first LOTR illustrations, dating from when I was a teenager. Unfortunately, somewhere along the line most of those early attempts got lost in the shuffle.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Apr 27 2007, 12:55am

Post #5 of 8 (100 views)
Shortcut
I'm looking forward to seeing it! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Apr 27 2007, 1:01am

Post #6 of 8 (115 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
It's fun to see early works by other artists.

That's an amazing compliment. I"m not an artist by any stretch of the imagination. You're an incredible artist; I was just a kid trying to catch a glimpse of my vision of Aragorn and making a picture of something with reeeeally long arms and legs. (Blandalfthepurple's Witch King has much better proportions.) And isn't that 1970 hairstyle a hoot?

Anyway, thanks for your kind words!

WonderBroad
Lorien

Apr 27 2007, 1:25am

Post #7 of 8 (139 views)
Shortcut
re: [In reply to] Can't Post

>>That's an amazing compliment. I"m not an artist by any stretch of the imagination. You're an incredible artist; I was just a kid trying to catch a glimpse of my vision of Aragorn and making a picture of something with reeeeally long arms and legs. (Blandalfthepurple's Witch King has much better proportions.) And isn't that 1970 hairstyle a hoot?

I love the hairstyle. It really captures the time in which it was drawn. But I also love the fact that you've got Arwen's hand-wrought banner in the picture, and the seven stars and the moon, and the fact that Aragorn was very tall and kingly. You can't ask for more than that--a genuine concern for the details of the story, some particular to the scene, some symbolic. This is the way I started, too--so completely taken by the story that I wanted to somehow visualize it on my own. Anyone who picks up a pencil, pen or brush and takes a stab at Tolkien's work has that same thrill, I think.

>>Anyway, thanks for your kind words!

You are welcome.

RosieBaggins
Rivendell

Sep 24 2013, 10:18pm

Post #8 of 8 (85 views)
Shortcut
really cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

Much better than I could ever draw. I make crooked stick figures :P

My progress so far on my walk to Rivendell
I have traveled 71 miles
I have passed Buckleberry Ferry.
It is 2 miles to the next landmark.
I have 387 miles until I reach Rivendell.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.