Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 30 2009, 4:58am

Post #26 of 31 (3994 views)
Shortcut
"I have the body of a Greek god." [In reply to] Can't Post

"Which one?"
"(Made-up name), the Horse God."

Those two are Laurel and Hardy for our generation. :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Analeewyn
Lorien

May 30 2009, 1:46pm

Post #27 of 31 (3977 views)
Shortcut
I dare say I used this one a couple years ago **cheeks glowing red** [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
~Bilbo's "I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

It was a family reunion, and there was a lot of tension. Since I am always the one who tries to keep the peace, I just couldn't take it anymore!!! I stood up on a little stage, everyone turned and just stopped talking. They were just staring at me, and then...it just came out. I must say, it got there attention, but immediately afterward, I felt horrible for saying it, so I went on to do a little bit of making up and peacekeeping. I just cannot be a mean person. It is not in me.

Though I must say, it must have been meant to say, because since that reunion and little help from dear Bilbo, our reunions have gone quite smoothly. Tongue

"Gwenwin in enninath. U-'arnech in naeth i si celich. Renech i beth i pennen?"(Long years have passed. You did not wear the troubles you carry now. Do you remember what I told you?)

arwen aragorn Pictures, Images and Photos

"And to that I hold. I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone." Arwen Evenstar

fairelvenlady
Rivendell

May 30 2009, 2:13pm

Post #28 of 31 (4006 views)
Shortcut
David Wenham's nickname [In reply to] Can't Post

"So if you see him in the streets say " hello daisy" and he'll think he knows you...... and every one called me King Dom!" Lol

What happened when Legolas and Aragorn road with Eomer in the van.
Aragorn: Eomer, Legolas has his bow on my side of the seat!
Legolas: Well Aragorn keeps slapping me while practicing his "heroic" poses.
Eomer: Don't make me turn this van around.

Morcant
The Shire

Jun 5 2009, 4:06pm

Post #29 of 31 (3953 views)
Shortcut
Year Book Quote [In reply to] Can't Post

I used Bilbo's "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve" for my quote in my senior year book. I will randomly spout out "Roast chicken!?" for no apparent reason at all. I would quote more but it would drive my wife insane.

Await and you will see
The eucatastrophe.

Ostadan
Rivendell

Jun 9 2009, 10:10pm

Post #30 of 31 (3942 views)
Shortcut
Quote [In reply to] Can't Post

The line I quote most frequently in daily life is, 'I am no weather-master; nor is aught that goes on two legs,' Bombadil's response to being asked whether it would rain. It is obvious that Tolkien lived in England, and not in California.

Chaendra
The Shire

Jun 11 2009, 2:36am

Post #31 of 31 (4275 views)
Shortcut
Wow- so many. [In reply to] Can't Post

Honestly I don't know what I quote the most, generally I don't plan to quote anything it just sort of comes out of my mouth when provoked haha.
Of course, this goes without saying, just about any Gollum/Smeagol line, especially "my precioussse". I've also yelled "THEY STOLE IT FROM USSS YESSS" when someone takes something from me. (funny annecdote, I just mistakingly typed "from us", still being in Gollum talk.) Also when people ask me what I'm doing or what I'm up to I'll say "sneaking".
Often I speak the whole "Cold be heart and hand and bone..." verse (the movie adaptation) when someone starts asking me a question I don't want to answer.
Also I tend to say "For Frodo!" either in a heated moment or if I'm about to do something I generally don't want to, etc.

There are lots of others but those are my main ones, I'd say.
Tongue

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.