GDT praises Torn in Time Magazine!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Analeewyn
Lorien

May 23 2009, 6:31pm

Post #26 of 43 (5098 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the link. [In reply to] Can't Post

That is so great to get to have some of his input and opinion!

"Gwenwin in enninath. U-'arnech in naeth i si celich. Renech i beth i pennen?"(Long years have passed. You did not wear the troubles you carry now. Do you remember what I told you?)

arwen aragorn Pictures, Images and Photos

"And to that I hold. I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone." Arwen Evenstar

Analeewyn
Lorien

May 23 2009, 6:38pm

Post #27 of 43 (5125 views)
Shortcut
I am certainly a Middle Earth Geek (very proud of that), but... [In reply to] Can't Post

I just hope my posts (not that He would want to read them) do not disappoint. The pressure to be articulate! I fear my efforts shall fall short. Evil see nothing articulate. hope is lost.Crazy

"Gwenwin in enninath. U-'arnech in naeth i si celich. Renech i beth i pennen?"(Long years have passed. You did not wear the troubles you carry now. Do you remember what I told you?)

"And to that I hold. I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone." Arwen Evenstar

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

May 23 2009, 7:16pm

Post #28 of 43 (5111 views)
Shortcut
Nice choice of words! [In reply to] Can't Post

That sounded nice. And the sentiment was even better, thanks, Guillermo!

Here's to Del Toro becoming the Irvin Kershner of Middle Earth!

Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 23 2009, 8:01pm

Post #29 of 43 (5117 views)
Shortcut
*jaw drops* What a gracious, thoughtful thing to say :) [In reply to] Can't Post

And it's nice to know that he's right in there articulating and dissenting with the rest of us! *high five*

Cheers, Mr. del Toro... and thank you :)

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 23 2009, 8:09pm

Post #30 of 43 (5126 views)
Shortcut
Sorry, but I have to disagree :{ [In reply to] Can't Post

It's WAY PAST impossible! It's a calamity waiting to happen! ;)

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."
~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

MrCere
Sr. Staff

May 23 2009, 9:32pm

Post #31 of 43 (5105 views)
Shortcut
Link anybody? [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be a bit cool to have a link! 8)

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

a.s.
Valinor

May 23 2009, 11:42pm

Post #32 of 43 (5106 views)
Shortcut
I looked for it at Time.com, but [In reply to] Can't Post

could not find it. I have copied his entire comment about Torn, though, since it was just the one line (it's just part of the list of cool stuff he likes to do/read/watch, etc).

But maybe someone else can find it!

If so, thanks in advance.

a.s.

"an seileachan"

"If any one had begun to rehearse a History, say not I know it well; and if he relate it not right and fully, shake not thine head, twinkle not thine eyes, and snigger not thereat; much less maist thou say, 'It is not so; you deceive yourself.'"

From: Youth's Behaviour, or, Decency in Conversation amongst Men, composed in French by Grave Persons, for the use and benefit of their Youth. The tenth impression. London, 1672

Magpie
Immortal

May 24 2009, 1:21am

Post #33 of 43 (5141 views)
Shortcut
You say... [In reply to] Can't Post

'this months' magazine but Time comes out on a weekly basis. What's the date on the cover? Can you get a scan of it for the gallery?

edit: Nevermind. It looks like Mr. Cere found it in the June 1st issue.

2009 Tolkien Computer Monitor Calendars
LOTR soundtrack website : CD Editions & Similarities Updates March 08
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on May 24 2009, 1:24am)

MrCere
Sr. Staff

May 24 2009, 7:02am

Post #34 of 43 (5135 views)
Shortcut
I confirmed it [In reply to] Can't Post

As far as I can tell no link exists, perhaps because its the June 1st edition of the magazine and Time wants people to buy copies. I posted a story about TORn and its history with Time on the front page with links to this thread. I guess I should link back to the story as well. Click me!

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 24 2009, 11:46am

Post #35 of 43 (5093 views)
Shortcut
Then we'll have to agree to disagree [In reply to] Can't Post

If that's possible Wink...else this will become as addictive as a Pun or Pants thread! Laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

MrCere
Sr. Staff

May 24 2009, 5:07pm

Post #36 of 43 (5102 views)
Shortcut
I disagree [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think agreeing to disagree is is agreeable at all.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

SirDennisC
Half-elven

May 24 2009, 5:20pm

Post #37 of 43 (5109 views)
Shortcut
Agreed but with caveat [In reply to] Can't Post

The manner in which one intones the phrase "agree to disagree" is oftern where their willingness to agree is revealed.

Woodyend
Gondor

May 24 2009, 6:31pm

Post #38 of 43 (5086 views)
Shortcut
But like Spock said. " A difference which makes no difference is no difference"// [In reply to] Can't Post

May your beer be laid under an enchantment of surpassing excellence for seven years!
~~~~~~~~Gandalf~~~~~~~

Listen. Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!

Sunflower
Valinor

May 24 2009, 8:57pm

Post #39 of 43 (5133 views)
Shortcut
This is great! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just got my issue of Time in the mail yesterday, and I can't tell you enough just how utterly COOL this looks in print. As well as Guillermo's other choices...LOL. I don't think the Joe Sixpack and Jane Hockey Moms who read Time are used to such esoteric mentions or language in plugs by their favorite celebs.

Way to go Guillermo..and way to go US! When was the last time a director/actor/celeb went out of their way to mention a website in an article??

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 25 2009, 3:18am

Post #40 of 43 (5107 views)
Shortcut
That is pretty cool [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool

Thanks, Guillermo. Is that a first? I don't recall us appearing in Time before now!

Soren Larsen

Off to sea ...

Peredhil lover
Valinor

May 25 2009, 5:38am

Post #41 of 43 (5115 views)
Shortcut
Don't worry [In reply to] Can't Post

You are doing just fine. No one expects that every single post is sounding like a dissertation Wink And we can be quite silly, too, if we want to.

I do not suffer from LotR obsession - I enjoy every minute of it.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

May 25 2009, 1:57pm

Post #42 of 43 (5069 views)
Shortcut
I think TORn was mentioned [In reply to] Can't Post

in a TIME article on PJ when he was making King Kong, how he harnessed the power of internet fandom, or something to that effect.

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

Analeewyn
Lorien

May 26 2009, 9:18pm

Post #43 of 43 (5250 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

I must say everyone has been quite pleasant and entertaining. I am looking forward to many great adventures!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.