Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
*** Don't thank us! Thank YOU!!!

calisuri
PTB

Apr 26 2009, 11:47am

Post #1 of 18 (354 views)
Shortcut
*** Don't thank us! Thank YOU!!! Can't Post

Wow - what an amazing anniversary celebration!!!!

As anyone on the TORn staff can tell you, I'm a man of few words (okay, REALLY few words).

All I can say is THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

TORn does not exist without passion and kindness of our staff and Tolkien fans worldwide.

It is constantly amazing to me that the great professor's work has inspired so many people in such a diverse manner - and here at TORn, it is no different.

I'm celebrating this weekend by putting in a fence on my property... which I thought would only take one day... and well, it hasn't! I'll be checking back periodically throughout the weekend to join in the festivities - as long as I don't have some dramatic fence accident! hah

You all are the best!!

The Mysterious Calisuri

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Apr 26 2009, 12:04pm

Post #2 of 18 (133 views)
Shortcut
I never took you for one to be fenced in ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

... and here you are deliberately setting boundaries! BEST OF LUCK on your project.

And a MASSIVE THANK YOU for creating such an amazing sanctuary. Ten Years! I'll bet you shake your head in wonder if you stop to think about what Xo, Tehanu, Corvar and you have accomplished. What you've done has also forever changed how filmmakers and fans connect. We're not just statistics or disjointed audiences anymore. Between the four of you and Peter Jackson, films literally (pardon the pun) belong to us all. It's a shared journey that is SO going to change how the unveiling of The Hobbit films are done compared to this same excitement of speculation exactly 10 years ago with The Lord of the Rings!!

You guys are awesome, and I'm so proud and delighted to be a part of such a brilliant place full of integrity, talent, resourcefulness, friendship, humour and a shared appreciation for J.R.R. Tolkien.

Thank you, Calisuri... and good luck on your new job as Bounder-Builder!

*warm hug*

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2009, 12:59pm

Post #3 of 18 (97 views)
Shortcut
Gramma says it best! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can only add my own grateful thank-you, for all your work in setting up and maintaining TORn! Heart

All you have done has come straight from the heart...and I do think the Professor would have greatly enjoyed (and appreciated) this site.

Best of luck with setting that border, and may you not have any "fencing" accident! Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Apr 26 2009, 2:46pm

Post #4 of 18 (84 views)
Shortcut
But without the four of you [In reply to] Can't Post

we wouldn't have all of this Smile

So I'll still say THANK YOU!!

*hugs & love*
Kelvarhin x

Kelvarhin's Universe~~~~~~~Laerasea's Travelling TORn Journal
One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2009, 2:57pm

Post #5 of 18 (107 views)
Shortcut
But still THANK YOU :o) [In reply to] Can't Post

If not for you guys, what site would be worth visiting and revisiting every single day? Heart

All the best with the fence... is there gonna be a "No admittance..." board as well? Evil

Crows and Gibbets! What is the House of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek and their brats roll around on the floor with the dogs? You are but a lesser son of greater sires!

deej
Tol Eressea

Apr 26 2009, 4:08pm

Post #6 of 18 (78 views)
Shortcut
Well, without the 4 of you... [In reply to] Can't Post

We'd all be scattered about on various message boards, so thanks for giving us a home. Smile

"...and back again."

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Apr 26 2009, 4:09pm

Post #7 of 18 (81 views)
Shortcut
Few words? [In reply to] Can't Post

I think you are a man of many words, you just aren't one to waste words and you are communicating with somebody, somewhere all the time. Are you reading this on your iphone? Thought so.

You are right of course, fans are why TORn prospered and all fans, including you founders, deserve much thanks.

You were the perfect people doing the perfect thing in the perfect way at the perfect moment.

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

overthehillfan

Apr 26 2009, 4:10pm

Post #8 of 18 (74 views)
Shortcut
THANK YOU ANYWAY! [In reply to] Can't Post

I know I rarely get here.....and even rarer still do I post. But I want to say THANK YOU for always having the most up-to-date information for all us crazy about Middle Earth...Heart

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Corvar
PTB

Apr 26 2009, 4:54pm

Post #9 of 18 (99 views)
Shortcut
Fence?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Fencing up your yard sounds mighty Sackville-Bagins to me. Should I start calling you Otho or Lotho?

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Apr 26 2009, 7:13pm

Post #10 of 18 (69 views)
Shortcut
And cheers to you too Cali! [In reply to] Can't Post

And thank you for your help when I have been clueless. :)

Your avatar is making me peckish...

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 26 2009, 7:33pm

Post #11 of 18 (73 views)
Shortcut
Cheers, calisuri! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for all your dedication to this site, and for the nerve to get into that dress ;).

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Apr 26 2009, 8:18pm

Post #12 of 18 (69 views)
Shortcut
be careful! [In reply to] Can't Post

No fence accidents if you please Calisuri! You guys deserve all the thanks and praise you are getting - you don't get nearly enough of it, considering what you have given us all in this fabulous site. And though you may be a man of few words, those words are worth hearing and your company well worth having. I hope our paths cross again sometime soon! Smile Here's to you and all the four founders!

(PS Calisuri House would still win the house cup. AND the Quidditch cup.) Tongue

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

Larewen
Lorien

Apr 26 2009, 9:03pm

Post #13 of 18 (63 views)
Shortcut
Fate won't allow a dramatic fence accident [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for taking some time to talk with us and for helping build a great site for us all.

Photobucket

diedye
Grey Havens

Apr 26 2009, 10:25pm

Post #14 of 18 (61 views)
Shortcut
*selects Gene Autry's "Don't Fence Me In" from jukebox"... [In reply to] Can't Post

There, that should help you get through it quickly enough...

... that or help improve your aim when you throw the hammer at the bugger after the 20th play... Evil

Blessed are the cracked,
For they are the ones who let in the light!

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 27 2009, 12:09am

Post #15 of 18 (65 views)
Shortcut
Heck, you should have said something:) [In reply to] Can't Post

I would have come over and helped you will that beastLaugh.
All the best to you calisuri. Many thanks:)

''What connects Nature to the spiritual, or requires the presence of the latter? In positive terms, as Alkis Kontos points out, when nature was still largely experienced as integral, alive and active, 'It was the spiritual dimension of the world, its enchanted, magical quality that rendered it infinite, not amenable to complete calculability; spirit could not be quanified; it permitted and invited mythologization.' And I would add, it still is and does.''
Patrick Curry-Defending Middle-Earth-Tolkien: Myth and Modernity - chapter: 'The Sea: Spirituality and Ethics.'

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 27 2009, 6:56am

Post #16 of 18 (53 views)
Shortcut
I can't help myself! Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

You've made an amazing home for us.

My writing (including The Passing of Mistress Rose)

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 27 2009, 7:27am

Post #17 of 18 (132 views)
Shortcut
Nope, sorry.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have to say it: Thank You!!! TORN is special because of all the people who put their time and passion into making it what it is. There is no place like it and your contribution has so much to do with that! This is not just one of the best places for LOTR information, it's one of the best looking and easiest to navigate as well. Thanks to you for all that you do to make it possible for us to come here and do what we love to do; hang out and talk Tolkien!

And good luck with the fencing. Cool

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

weaver
Half-elven

Apr 27 2009, 3:48pm

Post #18 of 18 (96 views)
Shortcut
Hope you got your fence done! [In reply to] Can't Post

If building one is at all like creating a great web community for Tolkien fans, well, I bet you have the best fence in your neighborhood!

Thanks for taking a break to stop by and visit and for your kind words here. I don't know what all the mysterious things are that you do for us, but we are sure glad you do them!

Weaver

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual
......Founder's Day Celebration
...........Established 4/26/09

...Corvar, Xoanon, Tehanu, Calisuri.....LARGER IMAGE

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.