Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
eBay is my first stop usually ;)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 1 2009, 12:01am

Views: 428
Shortcut
eBay is my first stop usually ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

but I have gotten things from each of the sites listed by Arwen Undomiel. Tolkien Town and Sideshow are always a great place to go.

I've collected hundreds of the Toybiz/Applause toys and a bunch of the Sideshow/Gentle Giant pieces. I've also got the full set of the European Kinder Toys (came in candy). I think of the statues I've got, I only paid full price for 4-5 of them.

I gather them because they are so very lovely in their detail and poses that it's like having a piece of Tolkien/Jackson's world right here where I can touch them.

Oh my... the best piece. They're all significant to me. I'd have to say that my Sideshow Sam with Bill the Pony is special because it was my first purchased piece that I had to scramble to come up with the money. Though the very first piece I got was a surprise prize I won from a Houghton Mifflin drawing. I came home from work and found a Gandalf the Grey bust on my doorstep in 2002. It's wonderfully detailed!

As for what to get for a Tolkien fan; it depends on how much you want to spend. For around $60-$110, you could get a statue or a bust of the recipient's favourite character on eBay, for about $25 one of the helms/headgear, or something simpler would be LotR dominoes, deck of cards, board game, or keychains. I'm a big-time keychain/bookmark collector. You could also get a piece of the LotR jewelry (rings, brooches, etc.), hats or t-shirts. It really depends on what you plan to spend and the interest of your target ;)

Sideshow Weta Statues/Figures
I work an extra job to pay for my obsession... so, no... I'm not filthy rich! Some of these were prizes or gifts. I'll see if I can get a picture of them... but I have them stacked on my piano with over-turned aquariums acting as a curio cabinet. I have a 20 gallon, a 15 gallon a 10 gallon, and a 5 gallon so far to cover them all.

Gandalf the Grey bust (1st piece-won in Houghton Mifflin drawing 2002)
Sam and Bill the Pony (2002)
Gandalf the White on Shadowfax (?? #)
Frodo (2005)
Pippin in Gondor uniform (#54 of 2000) (2005)
Merry holding veggies (2006)
Argonath (FotR dvd) (2002)
Gandalf the Grey (standing/pointing) (2004)
Gandalf & Bilbo (book ends - someone's at the door) (2002)
Corsair Peter (#437 of 3500) (2005)
Gollum (TT dvd) (2003)
Gollum bust (prize at ORC 2005) (#1155 of 6000)
Gríma Wormtongue bust (prize at ORC 2005) (#1734 of 2000)
Orc overseer (prize at ORC 2005)
Bilbo bust (unnumbered 2007)
Frodo Baggins (Moria) Frodo ¼ scale Premium Format Figure via greendragon (#160 of 1000) (Mar/2007)
Pippin bust (Mike)
Wounded Haradrim Soldier (from DragonCon 07)
Frodo and Gollum in Sammath Naur diorama (133 of 1500)
Galadriel bust (#1072 of 2000)
Théoden calling charge (#91 of 2000)

1:6 Scale FotR Sideshow Figures
Aragorn as Strider the Ranger (non-polystone version – 2006)
Boromir son of Denethor (non-polystone version - 2007)
Faramir son of Denethor (non-polystone version – 2007)
Frodo son of Drogo (non-polystone version – 2007)
Sam son of Hamfast (non-polystone version – 2007)
Arwen Undomiel (non-polystone version - 2008)

Environments
Minas Tirith (from RotK dvd collector's ed.)
Minas Morgul (special offer from RotK dvd collector's ed.)
Weathertop from DragonCon (#1938 of 3000)
Bucklebury Ferry (#956 of2000)
Golden Hall Meduseld of Rohan (#2668 of 4000)

Headgear
Aragorn's crown (unmarked # of 8500m - limited ed. free w/RotK eedvd)
Frodo's Orc helm (#322 of 2500)
Sam's Orc helm (#1170 of 2500)
Pippin's Gondor helm (#593 of 2500)
Merry's Rohan helm (#435 of 2500)
King of the Dead crown (#1119 of 4000)
Éomer helm (#885 of 3000)

Plaques
Arms of the Hobbits: Arms of Middle-earth: Collection 1 (#2289 of 2500)

Gentle Giant
Frodo in Orc Armour – Bust (#12 of 3000)
Sam in Orc Armour – Bust (#207 of 3000)

Bradbury Mint
Barad-dûr

Four Founders
...In honor of
......TORN's annual
......Founder's Day Celebration
...........Established 4/26/09

...Corvar, Xoanon, Tehanu, Calisuri.....LARGER IMAGE

TORn's Observations Lists

Subject User Time
** Anniversary Celebration Special! Arwen_Undomiel Send a private message to Arwen_Undomiel Apr 26 2009, 2:03am
    I checked out those sites, and now I some questions for you collectors... weaver Send a private message to weaver Apr 27 2009, 4:14pm
        hmmm... greendragon Send a private message to greendragon Apr 27 2009, 8:10pm
        Sideshow Collectables deej Send a private message to deej Apr 27 2009, 8:33pm
            Is that for truly evil calories? Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Apr 29 2009, 5:33am
        I think.... the_argonath Send a private message to the_argonath Apr 29 2009, 6:26pm
        How'd you like the sites? I thought that they were amazing.... Arwen_Undomiel Send a private message to Arwen_Undomiel Apr 30 2009, 10:44pm
        eBay is my first stop usually ;) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg May 1 2009, 12:01am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.