The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Scenes From The Hat
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Mar 6 2009, 6:42am

Post #26 of 39 (185 views)
Shortcut
. . . now I'll stop talking so I can preen my bushy tail. // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Wretched fool! In that land he would learn much, too much for his comfort. And sooner or later as he lurked and pried on the borders he would be caught, and taken -- for examination. That was the way of it, I fear."

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Mar 6 2009, 6:52am

Post #27 of 39 (178 views)
Shortcut
. . . the hi's of an auk and the fears of an ox! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"Wretched fool! In that land he would learn much, too much for his comfort. And sooner or later as he lurked and pried on the borders he would be caught, and taken -- for examination. That was the way of it, I fear."

Smeagirl/Girllum
Gondor

Mar 6 2009, 6:54am

Post #28 of 39 (189 views)
Shortcut
(OK, going to sleep now. Thanks for the great SFTH, L. Ron!) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Penthe
Gondor

Mar 6 2009, 8:06am

Post #29 of 39 (153 views)
Shortcut
mildly irritable yet deadly personality of an oliphaunt// [In reply to] Can't Post

Now?

debo
Rohan

Mar 6 2009, 8:16am

Post #30 of 39 (162 views)
Shortcut
"The bushy mane . . [In reply to] Can't Post

of a damn enormous lion! You should see how much conditioner I get through- even more than Legolas!"

Frodo; "What I chiefly need now is courage . . ."

debo
Rohan

Mar 6 2009, 8:16am

Post #31 of 39 (179 views)
Shortcut
ROTFL!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Frodo; "What I chiefly need now is courage . . ."

Darkstone
Immortal

Mar 6 2009, 3:36pm

Post #32 of 39 (181 views)
Shortcut
"And I had to learn the 'bunny dip', but I do get good tips." / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Mar 6 2009, 7:22pm

Post #33 of 39 (155 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

or more accurately: ...ewww Cool

My LiveJournal
My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive
The Screencap of the Day Schedule for February

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mar 7 2009, 1:41am

Post #34 of 39 (142 views)
Shortcut
"... the legs of a tall Hobbit!" / [In reply to] Can't Post

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

Mar 7 2009, 6:22am

Post #35 of 39 (134 views)
Shortcut
The Eye of theTiger...// [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's to Del Toro becoming the Irvin Kershner of Middle Earth!

Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

Penthe
Gondor

Mar 7 2009, 7:01am

Post #36 of 39 (134 views)
Shortcut
...and the big hair of the 1980s// [In reply to] Can't Post

Now?

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Mar 7 2009, 6:24pm

Post #37 of 39 (133 views)
Shortcut
...the axe of Billy Gibbons! ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Mar 7 2009, 10:48pm

Post #38 of 39 (122 views)
Shortcut
all I need is the claw of an Eagle to win the scavenger hunt!/ [In reply to] Can't Post

"What happens now?"

"Well, we wait until nightfall, then Aragorn, Legolas, and I leap out of the rabbit..."

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 11 2009, 12:06am

Post #39 of 39 (145 views)
Shortcut
..and the heart of a Smeagirl/Girllum.\\ [In reply to] Can't Post

:)

''What connects Nature to the spiritual, or requires the presence of the latter? In positive terms, as Alkis Kontos points out, when nature was still largely experienced as integral, alive and active, 'It was the spiritual dimension of the world, its enchanted, magical quality that rendered it infinite, not amenable to complete calculability; spirit could not be quanified; it permitted and invited mythologization.' And I would add, it still is and does.''
Patrick Curry-Defending Middle-Earth-Tolkien: Myth and Modernity - chapter: 'The Sea: Spirituality and Ethics.'

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.