Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
I really do appreciate your input.

silneldor
Half-elven

Apr 13 2007, 1:06am

Views: 43
Shortcut
I really do appreciate your input. [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, he was and the gospels were very Jewish also. That is something not highlighted in regards to history.

Viewing Jesus as a modern liberal (regarding everyone with acceptance though love is the main theme i feel) is not that farfetched an idea. There were good solid reasons he drew thousands and lasted thousands of years. It had to be quite a bit of difference from the orthodox view. In thinking that, i think it is not rewriting history. I feel comfortable it is close to true history.
As he says, things get misconstrued because the gentile interpretation of Jewish writings caused misconceptions which mistakenly lead to literalism.

I did enjoy you speaking your mind. Good testing going on:). Problems only arise in the end when fear or the ego take on the belligerent mode.
Please do not hesitate if something interesting is in your thought comes up. You can't mess up anything . In truth finding and soul searching, truth can't be found until you mess up the messed up stuff:D.

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

A little bit of Rivendell to warm the home

Subject User Time
Somebody ought to post this before Easter is over Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Apr 9 2007, 1:08am
    Is everything sad going to come untrue? Finding Frodo Send a private message to Finding Frodo Apr 9 2007, 2:44am
        Well, this is what I chose as my footer/signature, mae govannen Send a private message to mae govannen Apr 9 2007, 6:56am
            I just noticed that yesterday! Finding Frodo Send a private message to Finding Frodo Apr 10 2007, 3:46am
                oops Finding Frodo Send a private message to Finding Frodo Apr 10 2007, 3:49am
                    LOL!... No problem with me. / mae govannen Send a private message to mae govannen Apr 10 2007, 6:57am
                Have you read the Essay on Fairy Stories? Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Apr 10 2007, 2:46pm
    Isn't our dear JRRT a most incredible, extraordinary being, a great soul, mae govannen Send a private message to mae govannen Apr 9 2007, 7:10am
        Well, Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Apr 9 2007, 2:43pm
            Well said, sweet Auntie:). silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Apr 10 2007, 12:14am
                I feel i must add silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Apr 11 2007, 3:10am
                    Now I have to confess that I can't stand Spong. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Apr 11 2007, 3:34pm
                        I feel the original Jesus silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Apr 12 2007, 12:58am
                            Spong Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Apr 12 2007, 2:19pm
                                I really do appreciate your input. silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Apr 13 2007, 1:06am
            I stopped mae govannen Send a private message to mae govannen Apr 10 2007, 7:16am
    *smiles* dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Apr 9 2007, 12:34pm
    *high five* Abso-freakin-lutely!!!! :D // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 9 2007, 2:06pm
    I wrote something recently silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Apr 10 2007, 2:03am
        Thank you for sharing this beautiful piece, mae govannen Send a private message to mae govannen Apr 10 2007, 7:26am
        "It had begun dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Apr 10 2007, 11:04am
        *applause & smiles* That was wonderful! :) Thank you! // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 10 2007, 2:10pm
        A beautiful tribute to the Professor. Thanks for sharing it!// Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Apr 10 2007, 4:05pm
        Beautiful, sil. Ginger Send a private message to Ginger Apr 10 2007, 5:03pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.