Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
A thank you to Moderators and Admins!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

sador
Half-elven

Nov 11 2008, 7:47am

Post #51 of 57 (138 views)
Shortcut
Ah, that makes it as clear as mod // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I wonder if they think of us at all" - Sam

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Nov 11 2008, 12:26pm

Post #52 of 57 (177 views)
Shortcut
WHOA! I almost missed this! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I would have been so bummed not to have the chance to praise our Admins and Founders. You have touched my life in so many ways with your creation and support of TORn. Sincerely... you've had such an impact not only on Tolkien fandom, but also on so many personal levels.

I'll be eternally in your debt. *warmest hug*

Thanks so much!!!

sample

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists

a.s.
Valinor

Nov 11 2008, 5:44pm

Post #53 of 57 (147 views)
Shortcut
Ah yes. The Lost Mod Power. Sigh. [In reply to] Can't Post

The Lost Mod Power: An Elegy (with apologies to Wordsworth)

What though the mod power which was once so bright
Be now repeatedly taken from my sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendor in the stats, of glory in the power,
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind.

I still love Torn. But I do miss modding. I even miss arbitrarily losing it and then regaining it. That was sort of fun, now that it's nostalgia.

Cool

a.s.

"an seileachan"

"If any one had begun to rehearse a History, say not I know it well; and if he relate it not right and fully, shake not thine head, twinkle not thine eyes, and snigger not thereat; much less maist thou say, 'It is not so; you deceive yourself.'"

From: Youth's Behaviour, or, Decency in Conversation amongst Men, composed in French by Grave Persons, for the use and benefit of their Youth. The tenth impression. London, 1672

Call Her Emily

Aerin
Grey Havens

Nov 11 2008, 7:19pm

Post #54 of 57 (146 views)
Shortcut
Indeed. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd almost forgotten about the periodic wiping of stats, loss of modding powers, and frantic posting in order to regain them!

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Nov 12 2008, 3:52am

Post #55 of 57 (206 views)
Shortcut
Occasionally in the Reading Room. [In reply to] Can't Post

...Pukel-man still posts, most recently here.

But Nimrodel last posted in June 2006, on Main.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
We're discussing The Lord of the Rings in the Reading Room, Oct. 15, 2007 - Mar. 22, 2009!

Join us Nov. 10-16 for "The Tower of Cirith Ungol".

And we're discussing Tolkien's classic essay, "On Fairy-stories", Oct. 20-Nov. 30. This week:

"Men dressed up as talking animals may achieve buffoonery or mimicry, but they do not achieve Fantasy."

+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
How to find old Reading Room discussions.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Nov 12 2008, 5:50am

Post #56 of 57 (165 views)
Shortcut
My goodness, [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd missed all those October posts. Shows you how much I've been keeping up with the RR. Thanks, NEB!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Lunamoth
Rohan

Nov 14 2008, 7:04pm

Post #57 of 57 (214 views)
Shortcut
Adding my agreement [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm an admin on a different board, and besides that one, TORn is the only other board that I can come to and not feel like running away screaming. On occasion, I try out others to see what they're like, and inevitably, I stop going to them. They just don't stack up.

I would like to add here too that the membership also plays a huge role in making TORn the kind of enjoyable place it is. Smile

Luna's LJ
Tales of Elewir

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.