Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Yes! But it won't be a faithful to the source material as PJ's work.

Poll: After LOTR and Hobbit, do you expect to see more Tolkien in cinema ?
no, nothing else Tolkien wrote is tight enough as a story
Children of Hurin
a high budget TV series based on the Silmarillion
it's more likely someone else will try LOTR and Hobbit
I don't care, it's all about the books anyway
View Results (49 votes)

WilliamJESnider
Bree

Aug 23 2010, 1:17am

Views: 132
Shortcut
Yes! But it won't be a faithful to the source material as PJ's work. [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, it will be adapted more. It will be loose and much will be added and taken away and embellished, just a Tolkien always wanted; a sort of mythology tapestry. But really The Hobbit and the LOTR only serve as, sort of, parts 5 & 6 out of what is a seven part story. The bigger story has only been hinted at in the films to date. The overall story of the Middle Earth is one of a loss of innocence. Evil seeks to destroy and good wins over it, sort of. Even after good 'wins' things are still not the same. Consider Galadrial's voice over at the beginning of the LOTR movies, "the world has changed ... much that once was is lost, and none now live who remember it." Defeating evil comes at a cost. Nothing ever goes back to the way it once was entirely. That is the story of Middle Earth; a pure, young earth slowing losing its purity, the elves leaving, all the magic in the world dying out, and men being the only remaining race in a stark and dull world. Tolkien always said that his mythology was about death, its the death of a world. Middle Earth is really a multi-generational epic tragedy, and it will probably end up somewhere between 7 and 9 films before the whole tale has been told. I only hope that people with a true passion for Tolkien, like PJ, continue this grand and immense work, always seeking to create something beautiful and true to Tolkien's vision. Because if the franchise becomes some hollywood machine of money makers and greedy executives, then everything that Tolkien's books stand for will be contradicted in a sick and perverse irony.

Subject User Time
After LOTR and Hobbit, do you expect to see more Tolkien in cinema ? xy Nov 4 2008, 8:07pm
    not right away almas_sparks Send a private message to almas_sparks Nov 5 2008, 3:57pm
    I'm not sure... Donry Send a private message to Donry Nov 5 2008, 5:15pm
        There could be. labadal Send a private message to labadal Nov 6 2008, 12:55am
            As much as I dont want them to Antiel Send a private message to Antiel Nov 6 2008, 1:01am
                Hmm Eofrith Send a private message to Eofrith Feb 1 2009, 3:37pm
            that said... xy Nov 9 2008, 1:11pm
                Perhaps SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Nov 9 2008, 5:39pm
                    it is dark... xy Nov 10 2008, 8:20am
                        Well Arwen's daughter Send a private message to Arwen's daughter Nov 10 2008, 6:10pm
        I'm a bit keen on the concept of an animated Sil... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Nov 10 2008, 6:54pm
    Not while CRRT is holding the reins \\ Idril Celebrindal Send a private message to Idril Celebrindal Nov 6 2008, 4:37am
        that's my answer // Annael Send a private message to Annael Nov 14 2008, 4:25pm
    I just think it will end Hobbiton Send a private message to Hobbiton Nov 6 2008, 7:16am
        . NorskGudTor Send a private message to NorskGudTor Nov 7 2008, 4:41am
    If allowed! bearwen Send a private message to bearwen Nov 9 2008, 11:18am
    Someone will take a crack at it in about 20-30 years ... One Ringer Send a private message to One Ringer Nov 11 2008, 9:28pm
        could be but... xy Nov 12 2008, 4:13pm
    Dilema Marionette Send a private message to Marionette Nov 15 2008, 4:19pm
    ofcourse LOTRocks Send a private message to LOTRocks Dec 17 2008, 3:05pm
    No remake,please...!!! Deni Send a private message to Deni Jan 10 2009, 8:00pm
    NO Cegwyn Send a private message to Cegwyn Feb 1 2009, 4:46am
    I really don't knw.... LEGIONTX Send a private message to LEGIONTX May 3 2009, 11:27pm
    Yes! But it won't be a faithful to the source material as PJ's work. WilliamJESnider Aug 23 2010, 1:17am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.