Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
**Movie Music Trivia SPECIAL EDITION**
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Nuradar
Rohan

Apr 5 2007, 1:29am

Post #51 of 69 (186 views)
Shortcut
eeack [In reply to] Can't Post

For this sound, I'm remembering a crow at night, but I can't seem to place the scene. Is it the crow sitting outside of Bilbo's house as Gandalf is waiting for a drunk Frodo to return from the Green Dragon so he can tell him the dreaded news?

Nuradar
Rohan

Apr 5 2007, 1:31am

Post #52 of 69 (154 views)
Shortcut
help [In reply to] Can't Post

Got me on this one. Not a clue...

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 5 2007, 3:12am

Post #53 of 69 (213 views)
Shortcut
We've snared another player.... [In reply to] Can't Post

You're good, Nuradar!

Enjoy the LOTR movie soundtracks?
Why not join us for fun and discussion in
the current Movie Music Trivia Game.

SPECIAL *APRIL* EDITION OF THE GAME

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 4:04pm

Post #54 of 69 (164 views)
Shortcut
D, actually, I think... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not Merry, obviously, too loud and echo-y... and it's obviously not Gandalf, because that was a hitting sound... and I don't think it was Legolas, because that would be a kind of unsheathing sound.

If I'm correct, it's another answer - Eowyn in that hall in TTT.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 4:09pm

Post #55 of 69 (137 views)
Shortcut
D again! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well A doesn't work and B is silly (heeheeheehee LOL!); and it's too much for Pippin. It's D - when Gimli is trying to get rid of the ghost hands in the Paths of the Dead in ROTK.

Eventides' Website!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 4:31pm

Post #56 of 69 (150 views)
Shortcut
Again, D... [In reply to] Can't Post

... That I know for sure, but I'm not sure if I have the correct D. :) I think it's the Paths of the Dead King laughing.

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 4:35pm

Post #57 of 69 (162 views)
Shortcut
D... [In reply to] Can't Post

... The Crebain that Saruman send out?

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 4:38pm

Post #58 of 69 (149 views)
Shortcut
I'm beginning to think they're *all* D... [In reply to] Can't Post

This one's none of the above... It's Pippin, in the TTT EE when the wild tree 'eats' them.

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

(This post was edited by Eventides on Apr 6 2007, 4:39pm)

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 4:43pm

Post #59 of 69 (154 views)
Shortcut
This has got to be D... [In reply to] Can't Post

... my only thought is that it has to be an Uruk-hai getting killed. For some reason, that's the only image that comes to mind with this sound.

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

(This post was edited by Eventides on Apr 6 2007, 4:52pm)

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 4:45pm

Post #60 of 69 (144 views)
Shortcut
Could be D... [In reply to] Can't Post

... but this time I'm really not sure. Gollum in one of his several ''hobbit-food dislikings'', perhaps?

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2007, 4:48pm

Post #61 of 69 (182 views)
Shortcut
Whoohoo!! The Wilhelm Scream!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Aha! This one, I believe, is all of the above... and many more, including within LOTR itself! That great, rampant industry in-joke known as "The Wilhelm Scream" strikes again! Laugh

Eventides' Website!
John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 6 2007, 5:11pm

Post #62 of 69 (136 views)
Shortcut
lol.... yes, your suspicions are correct! n/t [In reply to] Can't Post

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 6 2007, 5:13pm

Post #63 of 69 (156 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for playing, Eventides [In reply to] Can't Post

It was fun to follow your posts. You did pretty well! :-)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 13 2007, 8:04pm

Post #64 of 69 (159 views)
Shortcut
Okay, I'm giving in [In reply to] Can't Post

Been trying to figure these out! And I think I've got a couple of them now. Is this Pippin falling, after Treebeard winks at him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"And when Sam heard that he laughed aloud for shear delight, and he stood up and cried: 'O great glory and splendour! And all my wishes have come true!'"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 13 2007, 8:12pm

Post #65 of 69 (155 views)
Shortcut
Now this one [In reply to] Can't Post

I think, is that poor li'l Cave Troll getting skewered!

"And when Sam heard that he laughed aloud for shear delight, and he stood up and cried: 'O great glory and splendour! And all my wishes have come true!'"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 13 2007, 8:20pm

Post #66 of 69 (147 views)
Shortcut
Sounds suspiciously like [In reply to] Can't Post

a certain Hobbit, Peregrin by name, once again. Is this where Denethor tosses him (or more accurately, his stunt double) out the door?

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 13 2007, 8:36pm

Post #67 of 69 (128 views)
Shortcut
That's [In reply to] Can't Post

the best guess, I think you're right!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 13 2007, 8:41pm

Post #68 of 69 (141 views)
Shortcut
Something different... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll try the machine-sounds in Saruman's underground factory.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 13 2007, 8:46pm

Post #69 of 69 (197 views)
Shortcut
Eeack! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think FFF's right, it's the cawing sound after Gandalf leaves Frodo and Sam.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.