Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
I use // ...

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Oct 10 2008, 5:18pm

Views: 59
Shortcut
I use // ... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was originally going to use just / , but then I saw someone use //, and I liked the look of that better for some reason, so // it is. :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Subject User Time
\\, //, \ or / ? Earl Send a private message to Earl Oct 9 2008, 3:41pm
    it's // Annael Send a private message to Annael Oct 9 2008, 3:43pm
        ARE YOU SAYING BALROGS HAVE WINGS??? Earl Send a private message to Earl Oct 9 2008, 3:47pm
            It's the Balrog itself that is metaphorical!!! Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Oct 9 2008, 3:55pm
                John Cussack in "Identity" // SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Oct 9 2008, 4:40pm
                LOL... Earl Send a private message to Earl Oct 10 2008, 8:41am
        See, now, when I read your subject line, Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Oct 10 2008, 12:09am
            Heh heh... Earl Send a private message to Earl Oct 10 2008, 9:00am
    Oopsie... Earl Send a private message to Earl Oct 9 2008, 3:46pm
        Hey thanks for this SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Oct 9 2008, 4:47pm
            Sure... Earl Send a private message to Earl Oct 10 2008, 8:47am
    I use // ... Arwen's daughter Send a private message to Arwen's daughter Oct 9 2008, 3:49pm
    Well Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Oct 9 2008, 3:52pm
    If someone wrote a book about this thread... dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Oct 9 2008, 3:55pm
        *ba-dum-bum* *ching!* / Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Oct 9 2008, 6:52pm
        Groan! silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Oct 9 2008, 7:39pm
    I did not know what it meant orcbane Oct 9 2008, 4:33pm
        Reminds me Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Oct 10 2008, 12:12am
    Wow, it's in TORn 201? AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Oct 9 2008, 4:45pm
        English really should have kept the thorn acheron Send a private message to acheron Oct 9 2008, 6:07pm
            Not really. AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Oct 9 2008, 6:19pm
            I agree. Smeagirl/Girllum Send a private message to Smeagirl/Girllum Oct 10 2008, 12:17am
            I love discovering such stuff Earl Send a private message to Earl Oct 10 2008, 8:50am
            Irrelevant digressions! My favorite subject! // Advising Elf Send a private message to Advising Elf Oct 10 2008, 12:45pm
        I want one of those! silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Oct 9 2008, 8:28pm
        I like that symbol... Earl Send a private message to Earl Oct 10 2008, 8:45am
    I use // so that it's clearly intentional and not a typo for ? or . // ElanorTX Send a private message to ElanorTX Oct 9 2008, 6:40pm
        I admit I'm guilty of the / typo... Earl Send a private message to Earl Oct 10 2008, 8:55am
    We are talking 'track terminus' here, silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Oct 9 2008, 8:10pm
        *gapes at screen* Earl Send a private message to Earl Oct 10 2008, 8:57am
    It was originally / but / was replaced by // as / just wasn't working in the role. // Starling Send a private message to Starling Oct 9 2008, 8:46pm
        Yes, /ownsend was replaced by //ortensen. // Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Oct 9 2008, 8:50pm
            And apparently... Earl Send a private message to Earl Oct 10 2008, 8:58am
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Soothfast Send a private message to Soothfast Oct 9 2008, 11:08pm
        To me, that looks like huorns marching. // Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Oct 10 2008, 12:14am
            The Ents go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah! Ainu Laire Send a private message to Ainu Laire Oct 10 2008, 2:55am
                Oh when the Ents *pop pop pop pop pop* Earl Send a private message to Earl Oct 10 2008, 9:04am
                Altaira wrote a song like that once Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Oct 10 2008, 12:11pm
            It's an Uruk-hai underbite. // Soothfast Send a private message to Soothfast Oct 10 2008, 3:38am
    I use // ... Eventides Send a private message to Eventides Oct 10 2008, 5:18pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.