Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I Hope Christopher Lee Comes Back to play Saruman!

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Oct 5 2008, 5:35am

Post #1 of 10 (1209 views)
Shortcut
I Hope Christopher Lee Comes Back to play Saruman! Can't Post

Love Christopher Lee and how his performance as Saruman, hope we see him again in either The Hobbit or the second film!

Bilbo Baggins
The Shire

Oct 5 2008, 5:52am

Post #2 of 10 (1091 views)
Shortcut
Me too! [In reply to] Can't Post

He was great in the role of Saruman, and it would be a shame if he didn't play Saruman in the Hobbit movies!

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.

Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Dennis: Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Dennis: Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Oct 5 2008, 5:59am

Post #3 of 10 (1135 views)
Shortcut
No Wait I meant the one after [In reply to] Can't Post

Christopher Lee has stated he won't partake in The Hobbit but he said he would be in the White Council in the second one and he even went so far to say that he hopes they flesh out Saruman's character and reveal more about him but the thing is he won't travel to New Zealand because of his health.

(This post was edited by MouthofSauron on Oct 5 2008, 6:00am)

Bilbo Baggins
The Shire

Oct 5 2008, 6:04am

Post #4 of 10 (1088 views)
Shortcut
Lol, how will he [In reply to] Can't Post

Be able to appear in the movie when it's being filmed in New Zealand? Laugh

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.

Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Dennis: Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Dennis: Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Oct 5 2008, 6:08am

Post #5 of 10 (1086 views)
Shortcut
easy [In reply to] Can't Post

shoot his scenes in London.

Bilbo Baggins
The Shire

Oct 5 2008, 6:18am

Post #6 of 10 (1080 views)
Shortcut
Lol [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
shoot his scenes in London.

I knew that Wink

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Oct 5 2008, 6:28am

Post #7 of 10 (1086 views)
Shortcut
what to expect [In reply to] Can't Post

it should be interesting to see what Jackson comes up with, maybe we'll even see the blue wizards at the White Council.

Bilbo Baggins
The Shire

Oct 5 2008, 6:36am

Post #8 of 10 (1109 views)
Shortcut
That [In reply to] Can't Post

would be interesting...

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Oct 5 2008, 6:44pm)

JesusFreakForReal
The Shire

Oct 6 2008, 2:19am

Post #9 of 10 (1040 views)
Shortcut
Here's hoping [In reply to] Can't Post

I do hope he returns as Saruman for film 2. He just amazes me in whatever he does. I enjoy him and his characters very much, especially in LOTR and Star Wars.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Oct 6 2008, 2:24am

Post #10 of 10 (1116 views)
Shortcut
totally agree [In reply to] Can't Post

Christopher Lee is one of my all time favorite actors and the fact that he loves Lord of the Rings and reads the books every year makes him that much more awesome. -Also did you know he begged to have the role of Saruman? originally Ian McKellen was going to play Saruman and Sean Connery was going to play Gandalf. Sean Connery said he didn't want to commit to such a long film so they bumped Ian McKellen to Gandalf and when they heard Christopher Lee wanted the role of Saruman they gladly gave it to him. Interesting how things play out.

(This post was edited by MouthofSauron on Oct 6 2008, 2:29am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.