Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
I'm curious: where's Curious? And some other regulars, too?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

barahliofrohan
Rivendell

Apr 11 2007, 6:18pm

Post #26 of 33 (5599 views)
Shortcut
I am back! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi All:

This is Barahli of Rohan.

I have not been on the new board much lately. I am having the worst time getting used to the style etc. So I have not posted at all.

Thanks for noticing that I am gone, NEB!

I will post more when I learn how to do it.

Barahli of Rohan
Westu Eomer hal!

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Apr 11 2007, 7:05pm

Post #27 of 33 (5617 views)
Shortcut
*Notices Arquen, more than a month later.* [In reply to] Can't Post

But will you ever notice my reply?

I have my preferences set to mimic the old boards, which means I only notice replies to old threads (i.e. those superseded by 25 threads, my default setting) if they happen to show up as the most recent post made to a forum when I access TORN. So I only discovered that you posted because Barahli did.

A belated welcome to the new boards! Great to see you, and I hope we see more of you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Detail from earliest version of Thror's MapTolkien Illustrated! Jan. 29-May 20: Visit the Reading Room to discuss art by John Howe, Alan Lee, Ted Nasmith and others, including Tolkien himself.

Apr. 9-15: Anke-Katrin Eissmann.

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Apr 11 2007, 7:09pm

Post #28 of 33 (5584 views)
Shortcut
So you are! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's pretty easy to set things up to resemble the old board, if you know the tricks If you have specific questions about this, post them to Feedback, and you'll get a lot of helpful response.

And great to see you! I'm sure you'll get the hang of the new set-up in no time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Detail from earliest version of Thror's MapTolkien Illustrated! Jan. 29-May 20: Visit the Reading Room to discuss art by John Howe, Alan Lee, Ted Nasmith and others, including Tolkien himself.

Apr. 9-15: Anke-Katrin Eissmann.

stormcrow20
Gondor

Apr 13 2007, 8:04pm

Post #29 of 33 (5600 views)
Shortcut
"I come back to you now, [In reply to] Can't Post

at the turn of the tide."

Perhaps "the change of the board" is more appropriate. I stumbled on this by accident, and I'm surprised that anyone missed me! I appreciate your noticing!

I was out of town and so on, but now I'm back, doing my best to adjust to these new boards!

"Well met, I say to you again!"

Expect me when you see me.

Curious
Half-elven

Oct 18 2007, 3:03pm

Post #30 of 33 (6168 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! Good to see you again! [In reply to] Can't Post

We've just started LotR again, as you may have noticed.

noWizardme
Half-elven

Dec 14 2014, 4:39pm

Post #31 of 33 (5470 views)
Shortcut
Welcome back! Tea is still at four and you still don't have to knock!// [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~

"nowimė I am in the West, Furincurunir to the Dwarves (or at least, to their best friend) and by other names in other lands. Mostly they just say 'Oh no it's him - look busy!' "
Or "Hold off! unhand me, grey-beard loon!"

This year LOTR turns 60. The following image is my LOTR 60th anniversary party footer! You can get yours here: http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=762154#762154

squire
Half-elven

Dec 14 2014, 5:13pm

Post #32 of 33 (5483 views)
Shortcut
Then darkness took me... [In reply to] Can't Post

...and I strayed out of thought and time, and I wandered far on roads that I will not tell.

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Footeramas: The 3rd & 4th TORn Reading Room LotR Discussion and NOW the 1st BotR Discussion too! and "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
squiretalk introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

a.s.
Valinor

Dec 15 2014, 2:07am

Post #33 of 33 (5526 views)
Shortcut
the time warp again? [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL. I went looking for the "new posts" in the RR that I couldn't find. Curiouser and curiouser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg-vgGuTD8A

a.s.

"an seileachan"

Through any dark time, I always remember Frodo's claim on the side of Mt. Doom that he "can manage it" because he must.
Sometimes, I have to manage it, too, as do we all. We manage because we must.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.