Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Diverge away, Senor Del Toro...

Morthoron
Gondor

Jul 24 2008, 1:01am

Views: 1169
Shortcut
Diverge away, Senor Del Toro... [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope Mr. Del Toro has his way as much as possible, particularly in the scripting department where I think Jackson, Boyens and Walsh got absolutely silly at times with the plot. And as far as The Hobbit goes, it is already a significant divergence from LotR in the ambience, character interaction and tone of the story, so I certainly don't want a carbon copy of LotR. And please, no Arwen moments where some character magically appears that has nothing whatsoever to do with the original plot.

THE EARL OF SANDWICH: "Egad, sir, I do not know whether you will die on the gallows or of the pox!"
JOHN WILKES: That will depend, my Lord, on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress."
John Wilkes (1727-1797)

Subject User Time
Del Toro not following the direction of Jackson? ACDC1989 Send a private message to ACDC1989 Jul 18 2008, 8:01pm
    Hey ACDC1989 Arwen's daughter Send a private message to Arwen's daughter Jul 18 2008, 8:21pm
    For me itīs OK!! Marionette Send a private message to Marionette Jul 20 2008, 6:00pm
        Yep Malveth The Eternal Send a private message to Malveth The Eternal Jul 21 2008, 11:34pm
            GDT all the way Alanthus Send a private message to Alanthus Jul 23 2008, 5:03pm
        Agree with this.... Eruthurin Send a private message to Eruthurin Jul 23 2008, 5:16pm
            well... Deni Send a private message to Deni Jul 23 2008, 7:17pm
                mmmhh... Eruthurin Send a private message to Eruthurin Jul 23 2008, 8:23pm
    Diverge away, Senor Del Toro... Morthoron Send a private message to Morthoron Jul 24 2008, 1:01am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.