Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Not so much

Anorien
Rohan

Jul 8 2008, 12:28am

Views: 285
Shortcut
Not so much [In reply to] Can't Post

While Gondor did become much more powerful and gained more territory, the King ruled not with an iron fist. He pardoned the Easterlings and the Haradrim. I don't know the full background, but I do know that it wasn't with intentions of conquest. But I do agree that it was odd that Rohan wasn't as prominent in the fourth age as was Gondor. Perhaps it was because of the Numenorien descent that Tolkien chose to focus on them more.

Just a thought. Good question.

Subject User Time
Was the kingdom of Gondor imperialistic in fourth age? Khaműl of Dol Goldur Send a private message to Khaműl of Dol Goldur Jul 4 2008, 2:06pm
    A not too simple answer... Morthoron Send a private message to Morthoron Jul 4 2008, 3:37pm
    You make it sound like a bad thing squire Send a private message to squire Jul 4 2008, 5:21pm
        Elessar ruled with a light hand. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jul 4 2008, 5:58pm
            But... Morthoron Send a private message to Morthoron Jul 4 2008, 7:34pm
                Yes... FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Jul 4 2008, 7:46pm
                That's the difference between faerie and Real Life, isn't it?// Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jul 4 2008, 8:20pm
    That has to be the best debut ever! Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Jul 4 2008, 8:23pm
    Numenorians were always pushy orcbane Jul 5 2008, 12:10pm
        Letter number? WonderBroad Send a private message to WonderBroad Jul 5 2008, 1:08pm
            How many chances do I get ? orcbane Jul 5 2008, 3:31pm
            Letter #77? N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Jul 5 2008, 3:32pm
                Good enough orcbane Jul 5 2008, 5:02pm
    Not so much Anorien Send a private message to Anorien Jul 8 2008, 12:28am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.