Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
ROLL CALL: Who will I see in the PJ / GDT chat this weekend? {NT}
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Gethsemane
The Shire

May 24 2008, 7:04pm

Post #51 of 62 (112 views)
Shortcut
slap my thigh and call me a dwarf [In reply to] Can't Post

you didn't think id miss our uncle peters party. Wink

it's good to have an end to journey towards, but it's the journey that matters in the end

BuckyUnderbelly
Lorien

May 24 2008, 7:07pm

Post #52 of 62 (109 views)
Shortcut
I'll be there! [In reply to] Can't Post

With my inquisitive fingers hovering over the keyboard!

"In Hollywood the screenplay is a fire hydrant. And there's a line of dogs around the block." -- Frank Miller

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 24 2008, 7:17pm

Post #53 of 62 (105 views)
Shortcut
Haven't seen you about the boards in some time [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad you'll be there... if there's anyone who can ask a quality question worth answering, it'll be you Smile

Crows and Gibbets! What is The House Of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek, and their brats roll around on the floor with their dogs! You are but a lesser son of greater Sires.

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

May 24 2008, 7:22pm

Post #54 of 62 (100 views)
Shortcut
Hey Earl [In reply to] Can't Post

which chat room number you in? I'm in 55, which if my sleep deprived brain has calculated right, means there's about 275 fans already logged in Cool

Cheers Kelvarhin

There he stood
Proud and solemn
Yet happy and gay

BuckyUnderbelly
Lorien

May 24 2008, 7:25pm

Post #55 of 62 (103 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, I've been around. Checking in on the boards from time to time. Just haven't had tons of time to post much lately. Busy in a good way!

Looking forward to the chat today. Can't wait to hear some of the questions ... and, of course, the answers. Gonna be fun!

"In Hollywood the screenplay is a fire hydrant. And there's a line of dogs around the block." -- Frank Miller

YodatheHobbit
Rivendell

May 24 2008, 7:58pm

Post #56 of 62 (99 views)
Shortcut
I'm trying to be there. [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't really have much experience in chat rooms through, I'm more used to message boards so my only concern is whether or not I'm able to figure out how to be there! It says I'm in live chat # 92.

When the seas and mountains fall and we come to end of days, in the dark I hear your call calling me there, i will go there and back again.

(This post was edited by YodatheHobbit on May 24 2008, 7:59pm)

deej
Tol Eressea

May 24 2008, 8:05pm

Post #57 of 62 (89 views)
Shortcut
I'm all by myself in #131. // [In reply to] Can't Post

And I don't have the send comment button either - maybe it's because i'm the only one in there?

"...and back again."

_V_
Lorien

May 24 2008, 8:42pm

Post #58 of 62 (89 views)
Shortcut
I'm already there [In reply to] Can't Post

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game"

Formerly known on TORN as "Draug the Unspeakably Violent"

Patty
Immortal

May 24 2008, 9:38pm

Post #59 of 62 (84 views)
Shortcut
I was by myself in #221 [In reply to] Can't Post

and though they didn't answer me, my questions and concerns were addressed by others. When it was said that this was going to be, when finished, a 5 movie telling of the ME story, I was content.

I knew PJ hadn't wanted to direct. And I was right about why. I don't blame him a bit, although I hope he is one of the VERY INVOLVED producers. I'm sure he will be.

Hanging out with the Lonely Isle elves.

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

May 24 2008, 10:05pm

Post #60 of 62 (84 views)
Shortcut
I did too, somehow [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I knew PJ hadn't wanted to direct. And I was right about why. I don't blame him a bit, although I hope he is one of the VERY INVOLVED producers. I'm sure he will be.

And I do believe that was one of the most important and enlightening answers of them all.

I think he did the right thing, it seems Guillermo is very passionate about the story,aand very clear in his head about what he wants to do. Besides it looks like they have a perfect relationship for being absolutely open to each other, and still be firm about their particular intentions.

Re-designed wargs come to mind.

Here's to Del Toro becoming the Irvin Kershner of Middle Earth!

Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

Patty
Immortal

May 25 2008, 2:12am

Post #61 of 62 (72 views)
Shortcut
Re-designed wargs... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm just going to assume that there are different strains of warg, just as there are cave trolls versus other trolls and orcs versus Uruk-hai. (my spelling is really awful today, and spell check does nothing for Tolkien names.) This will reconcile for me the two versions of wargs. It's all good. I refuse to let that be a continuity issue.

(This post was edited by Patty on May 25 2008, 2:13am)

Patty
Immortal

May 25 2008, 2:18am

Post #62 of 62 (110 views)
Shortcut
I meant to say also... [In reply to] Can't Post

as you know, I've been unenthusiastic about this ever since it was announced that PJ was not going to direct. But I think that there are indeed enough areas that GDT can put his mark upon while leaving the already established PJ film world intact. Beorn, Mirkwood, Lake Town, and all events thereafter. Enthusiasm has returned.

But I hope PJ will still do a cameo.....

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.