Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
*gets keys, unlocks door* It's Friday! Time for Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 3 2022, 1:51am

Post #26 of 35 (1651 views)
Shortcut
Made that clickable... [In reply to] Can't Post

...is that a good 'un?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 3 2022, 1:58am

Post #27 of 35 (1654 views)
Shortcut
I remember [In reply to] Can't Post

when he managed to save all that important stuff on that computer - what a wizard! And a wizard is always handy to have around. Wink Will those be your Christmas presents to yourself? No need to worry about content, he'll have your old disk saved onto those in a flash (drive - Laugh).

And then you'll be able to save on both computers, in case one decides to take a snooze. Will he set you up with a nice large monitor to make it easy for watching RoP (among other things) on?

Keep that fire stoked, I imagine you and all the four-footed friends being cozy around it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

cats16
Half-elven

Dec 3 2022, 3:28am

Post #28 of 35 (1642 views)
Shortcut
Sounds lovely! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah that sounds like a fun time! Except for the 6:30am part. Laugh Hope it's a fun one, both tomorrow and next week.

Yeah, these days I like traveling if possible before the normal holiday window - just less stressful than flying two days before Christmas! I'll be there a couple of weeks and my girlfriend is coming for a few days too.

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Annael
Immortal

Dec 4 2022, 4:56pm

Post #29 of 35 (1551 views)
Shortcut
Swedish bitters [In reply to] Can't Post

My doctor suggested that I put a few drops in water before meals to pump up the digestion as a remedy for reflux. Not sure if that's what you're talking about?

My wasband discovered Amaro - Italian bitters - when he was in Rome for an architecture course, he brought home a bottle, and we became quite fond of it. I have a bottle still. A bit sweeter than the Swedish variety.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words.
-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 4 2022, 6:36pm

Post #30 of 35 (1539 views)
Shortcut
Warm and toasty :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Pickle is TORn between the fireplace and his beanbag/heating pad setup ;) He still uses his baby blankets for both. The fireplace is too warm to pull the bag any closer. SUFFER PUPPY!

I'll be using the same monitors (2 on the PC and the one laptop). They're working fine. And I've got Prime, so I can watch RoP on the BIG SCREEN! oooooo....aaaaaaahhhh!!

sample

We have been there and back again.

TIME Google Calendar

Timbo_mbadil
Rivendell

Dec 6 2022, 7:24pm

Post #31 of 35 (1516 views)
Shortcut
Mine actually qualifies as medicine [In reply to] Can't Post

It‘s serious alcohol with a mixture of secret herbs that sat on the shelf for 4 weeks. It tastes awful, but is really good for your tummy, and the remaining „mud“ will cure any cut, sore, wart…And since I felt a flu approaching, it seemed a good choice :-)

Otherness represents that which bourgeois ideology cannot recognize or accept but must deal with (…)
Robin Wood 2003, p. 49. "Hollywood from Vietnam to Reagan – and beyond". Columbia University Press, New York, Chichester, West Sussex.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 8 2022, 1:58pm

Post #32 of 35 (1463 views)
Shortcut
Congrats on being DONE! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

The hardest part of moving, imho, is getting to the end that seems so near but also seems to take FOREVER to get to!!! I'm glad you've shut that door for the last time :D

*high five* STAY WARM!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 9 2022, 3:49pm

Post #33 of 35 (1423 views)
Shortcut
No mini mallows! [In reply to] Can't Post

Now.... it's not like the stores didn't know the holidays would mean a higher demand for these little guys for baking, hot chocolate, etc. I hope they've gotten some in during the week. My Balti daughter has the same problem with whipping cream. She quit looking when she hit the 9th store in a 10-mile radius of her home. It seems minor; but try having pumpkin pie without it when the family is expecting it. *sigh*

I love how much your groups get into the spirit over the holidays :D T'is a wonderful time of the year!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 9 2022, 3:55pm

Post #34 of 35 (1423 views)
Shortcut
Score on the bike & speaker! [In reply to] Can't Post

Now if you hadn't waited to get the bike overhauled, you'd never have found that speaker sale :D I just love happy endings!

AND... I don't blame you one bit for hesitating to clean the patio for your gathering when the wind is just going to undo it in no time!

I'm so glad you're feeling better :D Getting on that bike and cruising along had to feel so good!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

cats16
Half-elven

Dec 9 2022, 5:47pm

Post #35 of 35 (1417 views)
Shortcut
Thank you!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.