Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Liv Tyler's up for it! Just waiting for the invitation
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

May 20 2008, 9:45pm

Post #1 of 28 (1332 views)
Shortcut
Liv Tyler's up for it! Just waiting for the invitation Can't Post

IGN reports:

She says she is definitely onboard for a return appearance if del Toro and producer Peter Jackson invite her.

"Oh, are you kidding?" she says when asked. "In a heartbeat! I'll buy my own ticket and be on the plane in a second. I mean, that was a magical experience and it was just a once in a lifetime, amazing [thing]. Because it was so like… we knew and we didn't know that it was sort of something that had never been done before, and there was this feeling that was really gung-ho. Like, 'O.K., let's go off together!' And we just rolled our sleeves up. It really was this amazing, crazy, special thing."

http://movies.ign.com/...es/875/875397p1.html

One more! Smile

Here's to Del Toro becoming the Irvin Kershner of Middle Earth!

Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

May 20 2008, 10:26pm

Post #2 of 28 (503 views)
Shortcut
Good old Liv . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

I just love the way she talks, so simple and carefree. How can you not love her? Smile

Nonetheless, it's great to hear that she's up for it, though I think it was obvious she'd be willing to come back.

Ash nazg durbatulûk, Ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

merklynn
Lorien

May 20 2008, 11:05pm

Post #3 of 28 (462 views)
Shortcut
I hope Arwen will be back [In reply to] Can't Post

I think Liv Tyler was enchantingly ethereal as Arwen, and I dearly hope she will be involved in the Companion/Sprequel/Sequel films. She hasn't aged a day.

Here's hoping the chat with del Toro and Jackson will give us some idea as to which characters will be in the companion film.

And by the way, I think the frequent contradictions in reference to The Hobbit prequels being a prequel and a companion film, or the Hobbit split over two films are just ignorance within the press/media. It happens all the time. Hopefully GDT and PJ can put this one to bed once and for all in the chat. :-)

(This post was edited by merklynn on May 20 2008, 11:05pm)

Glaurung63
Lorien

May 20 2008, 11:16pm

Post #4 of 28 (421 views)
Shortcut
Loving Liv [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, she spoke Quenya....a star shines on the hour of our meeting....come back, Liv!!

Nienna
Rohan

May 20 2008, 11:39pm

Post #5 of 28 (407 views)
Shortcut
Liv [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for passing this on - it's so heart-warming. Just what I needed today!

Elenedhel
Rivendell

May 20 2008, 11:39pm

Post #6 of 28 (421 views)
Shortcut
Hooray! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yet another person willing to come back!! Smile

"O Elbereth! Gilthoniel!
We still remember, we who dwell
In this far land beneath the trees,
Thy starlight on the Western Seas."

"It was Sam's first view of a battle of Men against Men,and he did not like it much. He was glad that he could not see the dead face. He wondered what the man's name was and where he was from; and if he was really evil of heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would not really rather have stayed there in peace..."

"Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder."

Empedocles
Rivendell

May 21 2008, 12:02am

Post #7 of 28 (429 views)
Shortcut
Great that Liv is back [In reply to] Can't Post

But we, or at least I, need confirmation that the incredible, unparalleled, ridiculously amazing Viggo Mortensen is going to appear in the sprequel. If he doesn't come back as Aragorn I'm going to be hugely dissapointed.

He needs to come back to Middle Earth, Aragorn's journey to the south against the pirates could be awesome. And he's the one I'm most afraid of. I hope Cronenberg stops stalking him and that he's not contractually obligated to shoot some other stuff in 2009.

Do you guys think that they will enter into principal photography in early 2009, or later?

Please, give us back Glorfindel!!!

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

May 21 2008, 2:48am

Post #8 of 28 (396 views)
Shortcut
*rubbing hands together* [In reply to] Can't Post

now for the rest of em EvilEvilEvil

*Yay LIV*

Angelic

There he stood
Proud and solemn
Yet happy and gay

Elven
Valinor

May 21 2008, 3:33am

Post #9 of 28 (383 views)
Shortcut
Yeah Liv! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to see an interview with her, and read her talk about the Hobbit and the Hobbit II - Smile
Someone call her agent! Quick!! Smile
I cant imagine her no being there are some point.

Were off to Hobbiton finally!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!!
Russell Crowe for Beorn!!

Sunflower
Valinor

May 21 2008, 7:06am

Post #10 of 28 (404 views)
Shortcut
It might not be Croneneberg.... [In reply to] Can't Post

...it might be John Dunbar. They're trying to get a long-rumored sequel to Dances With Wolves, "The Holy Road" off the ground, they've been talking about it for years, and now something solid looks to be afoot. One problem: Kevin Costner has said he's not interested. As others have noted, Viggo is being approached for the role. I wonder if The Powers That Be know that he picked up a little Lakota in course of his artistic travels not that long ago. I suppose they do.

Who are "they"? Plumb forgotTongue. Hopefully, Viggo will have enough time on his hands to reprise Aragorn. We will have to see him capturing Gollum and delivering him to the Elves of Lorien, at least.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 21 2008, 11:52am

Post #11 of 28 (381 views)
Shortcut
I love this woman!! [In reply to] Can't Post

THAT'S that excitement I wanna hear! For all she went through in character direction and change for her role in LotR, Liv's an amazingly inspiring ... She-Elf :D

THANKS C-M!

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Mirabella_Bunce
Rivendell

May 21 2008, 1:23pm

Post #12 of 28 (370 views)
Shortcut
she IS cute! [In reply to] Can't Post

and I never thought I'd say that about the Evenstar... :)

"it was so like… we knew and we didn't know that it was sort of something ..."

Makes you want to just hug her...!

I think she's in for a very pleasant surprise. Let's hope so, anyway! My hopes are up since I read the article this morning about Viggo being approached.

Mirabella_Bunce
Rivendell

May 21 2008, 1:27pm

Post #13 of 28 (368 views)
Shortcut
Praying you're right! [In reply to] Can't Post

I keep hoping all the "Hobbit plus a fanfic-bridge" blather is just a silly press-accustomed-to-Rocky-sequels thing, and perhaps it is! I'm a keep on affirming that anyway.

In Reply To
And by the way, I think the frequent contradictions in reference to The Hobbit prequels being a prequel and a companion film, or the Hobbit split over two films are just ignorance within the press/media. It happens all the time. Hopefully GDT and PJ can put this one to bed once and for all in the chat. :-)

DiveTwin
Rohan

May 21 2008, 2:35pm

Post #14 of 28 (370 views)
Shortcut
Just More To Get Excited About [In reply to] Can't Post

Man, I just love getting on this site in the morning here in Chicagoland and seeing news like this - along with word that Viggo M. has at least been approached. Pretty much every actor (or person, for that matter) that was attached to the making of "Lord Of The Rings" I think feels the way that Liv Tyler does; I've not seen or heard differently from anyone. They all count their experience with PJ and crew in New Zealand to be a highlight in their careers and it's almost as satisfying to see them all really WANT to return to Middle Earth to relive the original journey.

And I love how everyone involved says how hard but fun making LOTR was ... but would again love to be a part of the two Hobbit movies and would give their all if invited to return. What's refreshing is that everyone is sincere in their willingness to do whatever it takes to make these movies as special as they can, just like they did with LOTR. With this crowd, you don't get the sense of "I'll do my best because I'm a professional" Hollywood type of answer but more of a real, passionate and genuine love for the expereience, stories and people involved. Of course, I think the enthusiasm and passion displayed by Peter Jackson and the LOTR team originally lead to that - and I'm as happy and excited for those actors getting a chance to relive that emotional expereience of working in New Zealand again as I would be getting to do it myself. I can imagine the 'ole gang's reactions when they all find themselves in a familiar place once again ...

I almost can't wait to see the "behind the scenes" footage from future Hobbit Extended Editions to just enjoy the interviews with everyone, to see the true cameraderie and the enjoyment reflected in the statements of those involved in the project. I still love watching those in the LOTR-EE's ....

"Do not come between the Nazgul and his prey"

Pandæmonium
The Shire

May 21 2008, 3:37pm

Post #15 of 28 (358 views)
Shortcut
Great news [In reply to] Can't Post

For once I don't even care how they have to shoe-horn her in, they just should, because she's wonderful.

I was very sceptical of her role and level of screen time before the first films, and ready to moan and groan every time she popped up, but then when she did, I fell in love. :P

I'm hoping they find time for Arwen that's true to the books though, that would be the icing on the cake.

Foe
Lorien

May 21 2008, 4:05pm

Post #16 of 28 (342 views)
Shortcut
Not to mention... [In reply to] Can't Post

we'll get to see more of those beautiful elf dresses!

Email Foe!

Foe's LiveJournal!

Foe's Myspace!

YIM, AIM, MSN= foehelm

Jettorex
Lorien

May 21 2008, 4:13pm

Post #17 of 28 (362 views)
Shortcut
You go girl! [In reply to] Can't Post

Can't wait to see her again as Arwen-pure magic

Love, Truth, Honor, Adventure

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

May 22 2008, 12:04pm

Post #18 of 28 (320 views)
Shortcut
Mae govannen, lovely Liv Evenstar! :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so glad all the posts here are unanimous in their rejoicing about her probable return!
I too just fell in love with her, as herself as much as as Arwen, whom she made into a very real Person as well as a dreamlike beautiful being. Bravo, Liv! We love you! Heart

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

(This post was edited by mae govannen on May 22 2008, 12:05pm)

Patty
Immortal

May 22 2008, 4:51pm

Post #19 of 28 (325 views)
Shortcut
I hope Liv reads this thread... [In reply to] Can't Post

apparently she was in tears about the XenArwen things that were said about her across the net. I'd love for her to know that what she did on screen was not just appreciated but loved, and that we want her back.

Hanging out with the Lonely Isle elves.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 22 2008, 6:38pm

Post #20 of 28 (300 views)
Shortcut
I was thinking the same thing :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

SmeagoloftheStoors
Lorien

May 23 2008, 12:17am

Post #21 of 28 (320 views)
Shortcut
Some questions that came to mind. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not huge on the idea of 2 movies but the question is what kind of a role could the character of Arwen have in these movies. A cameo in Rivendel could be forseeable but what about in the second movie? Come to think about it, was she even in Rivendell at the time of the Hobbit?

Eglario Valar!
It's me!
It's me!

merklynn
Lorien

May 23 2008, 1:20am

Post #22 of 28 (315 views)
Shortcut
Arwen's moments [In reply to] Can't Post

Arwen does not have to be shoe-horned into the events which do not have to be centric to Rivendell, as we do not know for sure which of the many storylines is going to be the focus of the Companion film. She does however cross paths with Aragorn in Rivendell. Just to break the relevant events down again I've put together the following:

At the time of The Hobbit, Aragorn (Estel) is 10 years old. He is IN Rivendell, so Thorin's Company, and more specifically Bilbo or Gandalf could encounter him there for the possibly the first time.

Arwen is NOT at Rivendell during this time unless she took some ondocumented breaks from her stay in Lorien, which is not impossible. However when Aragorn (Estel) turns 21, Elrond tells him the truth about his identity, heritage and gives him the heirlooms Narsil and his Ring of Barahir. Aragorn meets Arwen at this time when she is visiting Rivendell and he instantly falls in love with her, although it is not clear that she loves him at that same moment.

Aragorn then leaves and becomes the chieftain of the Dunedain rangers of the north. Aragorn and Gandalf hook up to discuss protection of the Shire.

Aragorn takes up the identity of Thorongil and serves Rohan and Gondor, and defeats Umbar before deserting his army to visit Lorien to see Arwen. They "plight their troth" (pledge themselves to each other) but Elrond forbids their marriage until such a time as he unites the kingdoms of Anor and Gondor.

Gandalf charges Aragorn with tracking and capturing Gollum urgently. Aragorn finds Gollum in the Dead Marshes and brings him to Mirkwood to be held prisoner by the Wood Elves. At Mirkwood, Gandalf interrogates Gollum.

Now I don't mind if they want to do MORE with Arwen than that. But she would not need a forced cameo to appear in Rivendell when she clearly does v isit her father there on occasions. Indeed, if the film focuses on the Aragorn/Arwen story as their romance first developed, then she deserves to be involved in the movie.

(This post was edited by merklynn on May 23 2008, 1:22am)

Pandæmonium
The Shire

May 23 2008, 1:55am

Post #23 of 28 (297 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

I think we're all aware of these events.

Patty
Immortal

May 23 2008, 3:28am

Post #24 of 28 (281 views)
Shortcut
Well, I hope they show them plighting their troth... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd kill to see Lothlorien in the day time, to see the golden leaves up close.

Dagnabit, and I want more of Rivendell, too.

Hanging out with the Lonely Isle elves.

Pandæmonium
The Shire

May 23 2008, 9:28am

Post #25 of 28 (282 views)
Shortcut
Still waiting for the news post saying Liv has been aproached... [In reply to] Can't Post

I note that, after approaching Andy Serkis, Sir Ian McKellen and Viggo Mortenson, that there's not word of anybody actually talking to Liv Tyler yet.
Obviously if Arwen is to return Liv will be the first choice (and rightly so) but I wonder if they actually intend to bring her back at all.

If the second film focuses on Aragorn's adventures then obviously they'll need her, since she's the motivation for everything he accomplishes. But if the film is focused on some other events or characters that just happen to involve Aragorn in some way... well there may not be any need for her.

Unsure

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.