***PARTY GAME: A Mad Lib
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 22, 10:26am

Post #1 of 29 (360 views)
Shortcut
***PARTY GAME: A Mad Lib Can't Post

Greetings, all and sundry! Let's do a Mad Lib!

I've taken a short section from a famous scene in The Two Towers and removed some of the words - for you to fill in! What we need are:

1. Type of room in a house
2. Part of a house
3. Something that can burn
4. Adjective
5. Type of food
6. Type of food
7. Type of furniture
8. Items found in a kitchen
9. Items found in a kitchen
10. Items found in a kitchen
11. Items found in a kitchen
12.Items found in a pantry
13.Type of drink
14. Type of drink
15.Type of food
16. Type of food
17. Type of cooking method
18. Type of food
19. Something you'd put on bread
20. Something you'd put on bread
21. Ordinal number (third, eleventh, etc.)

Remember, in your subject line put only, for example, "15. Mushrooms".

Have fun! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Annael
Immortal

Sep 22, 3:40pm

Post #2 of 29 (287 views)
Shortcut
#10. potato masher // [In reply to] Can't Post

I am a dreamer of words, of written words.
-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Altaira
Superuser

Sep 22, 9:28pm

Post #3 of 29 (280 views)
Shortcut
#7 fouton // [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Sep 22, 9:35pm

Post #4 of 29 (281 views)
Shortcut
8. Bin bags 19. Marmalade [In reply to] Can't Post

Ooh, I do love a madlib! Wink

squire
Half-elven

Sep 22, 10:11pm

Post #5 of 29 (279 views)
Shortcut
#5. Poutine. // [In reply to] Can't Post

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Archive: All the TORn Reading Room Book Discussions (including the 1st BotR Discussion!) and Footerama: "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
Dr. Squire introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

essalayta

Sep 22, 11:11pm

Post #6 of 29 (277 views)
Shortcut
#11. Whisk // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Valinor

Sep 23, 3:50am

Post #7 of 29 (266 views)
Shortcut
12. spiral macaroni [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 23, 6:15am

Post #8 of 29 (258 views)
Shortcut
14. rootbeer // 15. spare ribs! I'm hungry! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample

We have been there and back again.

Join the "Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project"

TIME Google Calendar

NottaSackville
Valinor

Sep 23, 12:28pm

Post #9 of 29 (207 views)
Shortcut
10 - Fatty Bolger, 20 - tunafish [In reply to] Can't Post

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

Ettelewen
Rohan

Sep 23, 5:05pm

Post #10 of 29 (200 views)
Shortcut
#19: Peanut butter; #21: Thirty-seventh // [In reply to] Can't Post

Altaira
Superuser

Sat, 8:19pm

Post #11 of 29 (175 views)
Shortcut
I'll take a few more: #1 - wine cellar, #2 - front porch, #3 - hair / [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

Lissuin
Valinor

Sat, 9:50pm

Post #12 of 29 (169 views)
Shortcut
#4 sticky #6 Doritos [In reply to] Can't Post

Ettelewen
Rohan

Sun, 5:40pm

Post #13 of 29 (149 views)
Shortcut
#9: Sink // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Valinor

Sun, 9:02pm

Post #14 of 29 (133 views)
Shortcut
13 - Tequila Sunrise [In reply to] Can't Post

squire
Half-elven

Sun, 9:33pm

Post #15 of 29 (130 views)
Shortcut
#16 - Curried goat; #20 - Vegemite. // [In reply to] Can't Post

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Archive: All the TORn Reading Room Book Discussions (including the 1st BotR Discussion!) and Footerama: "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"

(This post was edited by squire on Sun, 9:34pm)

Lissuin
Valinor

Sun, 9:40pm

Post #16 of 29 (130 views)
Shortcut
Nooooooooooo! Not Vegemite!!!!!!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

squire
Half-elven

Sun, 9:53pm

Post #17 of 29 (134 views)
Shortcut
Yes, yes. Quite authentic, actually. [In reply to] Can't Post

"Pippin afterwards recalled little of either food or drink, for his mind was filled with the light upon the elf-faces, and the sound of voices so various and so beautiful that he felt in a waking dream. But he remembered that there was bread, surpassing the savour of a fair white loaf to one who is starving; spread with a savoury paste like yeast or malt, yet with a bitterer tang; and fruits sweet as wildberries and richer than the tended fruits of gardens; he drained a cup that was filled with a fragrant draught, cool as a clear fountain, golden as a summer afternoon." - LR I.3, "Three Is Company"

squire online:

Alveric
Lorien

Sun, 10:09pm

Post #18 of 29 (134 views)
Shortcut
17. type of cooking method [In reply to] Can't Post

Rolling in mud and baking in a bonfire.

Lissuin
Valinor

Sun, 10:46pm

Post #19 of 29 (130 views)
Shortcut
Pffff! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, a least they got the drink right.

Cool

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mon, 1:28am

Post #20 of 29 (114 views)
Shortcut
18. Treacle [In reply to] Can't Post

Just learned about that stuff.

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Mon, 11:54am

Post #21 of 29 (83 views)
Shortcut
Cushty! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sly

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Tue, 12:08am

Post #22 of 29 (88 views)
Shortcut
***ANSWER*** Here it is: A fine dinner! [In reply to] Can't Post

There were a couple of duplicated responses, so I just threw them into the mix! Here you go: a meal with reunited friends at Isengard.

The hobbits led the way; and they passed under the arch and came to a wide door upon the left, at the top of a stair. It opened direct into a large wine cellar, with other smaller doors at the far end, and a hearth and chimney at one side. The chamber was hewn out of the stone; and it must once have been dark, for its windows looked out only into the tunnel. But light came in now through the broken front porch. On the hearth wood was burning.

‘I lit a bit of fire,’ said Pippin. ‘It cheered us up in the fogs. There were few clumps of hair about, and most of the wood we could find was sticky. But there is a great draught in the chimney: it seems to wind away up through the rock, and fortunately it has not been blocked. A fire is handy. I will make you some poutine. The Doritos are three or four days old, I am afraid.’

Aragorn and his companions sat themselves down at one end of a long futon, and the hobbits disappeared through one of the inner doors.

‘Store-room in there, and above the floods, luckily,’ said Pippin, as they came back laden with bin bags, sinks, potato mashers, whisks, and Fatty Bolger, and spiral macaroni of various sorts.

‘And you need not turn up your nose at the provender, Master Gimli,’ said Merry. ‘This is not orc-stuff, but man-food, as Treebeard calls it. Will you have a Tequila Sunrise or root beer? There’s a barrel inside there—very passable. And this is first-rate salted spare ribs. Or I can cut you some rashers of curried goat and roll them in mud and bake them in a bonfire. if you like. I am sorry there is no treacle: the deliveries have been rather interrupted in the last few days! I cannot offer you anything to follow but marmalade, peanut butter and vegemite for your bread. Are you content?’

‘Indeed yes,’ said Gimli. ‘The score is much reduced.’

The three were soon busy with their meal; and the two hobbits, unabashed, set to a thirty-seventh time. ‘We must keep our guests company,’ they said.

‘You are full of courtesy this morning,’ laughed Legolas. ‘But maybe, if we had not arrived, you would already have been keeping one another company again.’

Thank you all for participating!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

(This post was edited by dernwyn on Tue, 10:27am)

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Tue, 11:44am

Post #23 of 29 (46 views)
Shortcut
Aha, a large wine cellar - [In reply to] Can't Post

excellent priorities there! Shame about the lack of treacle, though...Tongue Thanks for doing that! Madlibs are always fun.

NottaSackville
Valinor

Tue, 12:48pm

Post #24 of 29 (40 views)
Shortcut
Just the place to hang out in a flood! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

NottaSackville
Valinor

Tue, 12:49pm

Post #25 of 29 (43 views)
Shortcut
Haha - very fun, thanks, dernwyn! [In reply to] Can't Post

It is sad about the stale Doritos, though :(

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.