Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Sep 22 2022, 9:33pm

Post #1 of 9 (2916 views)
Shortcut
** PARTY DRABBLES** Can't Post

Here's mine - let's see yours!

The Morning After…
It was the morning after the long-expected party. Hobbits picked glumly through the wreckage, helping themselves to leftovers, and taking down tents and bunting. There was a distinct sense of anti-climax, especially given the dramatic manner of Bilbo’s exit. Frodo found himself wondering where the rascally old hobbit was. ‘Well away from all the cleaning up, at any rate!’ he muttered wryly, scraping stale buns into the pig bucket. ‘The things some folk do to avoid a little work’. On the road to Rivendell, Bilbo smiled a secret, satisfied smile as he stepped out, breathing in the crisp autumn air.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 23 2022, 6:00am

Post #2 of 9 (2879 views)
Shortcut
Drabble me this... drabble me that :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for leading this! You're drabble really put me in the mood!! Bilbo's smart. It's always great to have a huge party when you don't have to clean it up!!!! ;)

Starting a new Baggins tradition.
It has been a year since Bilbo's party. Frodo found himself continuing life at Bag End as it had always been. As their birthday approached, he made plans with his friends to gather for food, drink, and enjoying their pipes in front of the fire while sharing stories of Bilbo. They deliberated on where he was and what he was doing. Surely there would be some collaboration with dwarves; especially Balin. The missing maps would take him to the Lonely Mountain and his old friend Beorn. Contemplating what he might be doing kept him close. They drank to his health.

sample

We have been there and back again.

Join the "Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project"

TIME Google Calendar

(This post was edited by grammaboodawg on Sep 23 2022, 6:07am)

squire
Half-elven

Sep 24 2022, 1:11pm

Post #3 of 9 (2843 views)
Shortcut
One ring... or many? [In reply to] Can't Post

Sancho didn’t hold a grudge against Frodo, even after being wrestled to the floor and rather forcibly marched out of Bag End. After all, it was the Baggins place and all. But he couldn’t help thinking about maybe trying again, especially after hearing about Mr. Bilbo’s dramatic departure. Now Frodo lived alone, and often went for long walks in the country, for hours and hours. Maybe a quick sneak back in would tell him if he had really seen what he thought he saw under the pantry floor that day: four, maybe five, beautiful golden rings. They looked absolutely precious.

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Archive: All the TORn Reading Room Book Discussions (including the 1st BotR Discussion!) and Footerama: "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
Dr. Squire introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Sep 24 2022, 8:30pm

Post #4 of 9 (2826 views)
Shortcut
Here's another - [In reply to] Can't Post

Sam's Reunion with Bill in Bree

When Barliman said Bill was safe in Bree, Sam felt relief wash over him. He crossed the lamplit yard and lifted the stable latch, suddenly breathless.
Bill?’
It was a mere whisper, but the stout little pony raised his sleepy head and his ears flicked forwards. Sam was nose to velvety muzzle with Bill within the space of a breath
Well, I never! I’d given you up for lost, and that’s a fact.’ He shed tears into the coarse mane, then ran his hand slowly down the smooth neck, before turning away content, saying with immense satisfaction, ‘Night night, Bill.’

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 25 2022, 3:36pm

Post #5 of 9 (2803 views)
Shortcut
oh my... [In reply to] Can't Post

Sam's not the only one shedding tears. This is beautiful..... *warm hug* Thank you!

*cut,paste,goes into RotK pbk*

sample

We have been there and back again.

Join the "Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project"

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 28 2022, 12:37am

Post #6 of 9 (2750 views)
Shortcut
All that glitters... [In reply to] Can't Post

Aglarond

As the defenders' fight neared the rock-face, an Orc-blade swept his helm away, and he felt its sting along his forehead; but this Orc would not swipe again, swiftly Gimli disposed of him. Gamling pulled the wounded Dwarf towards the opening as Eomer and his guard fended off the remaining orcs.

He sensed the cave-darkness. He lusted to yield his axe again - suddenly, he felt a cooling breeze waft over the wound. Turning, all thought of battle immediately vanished as he marveled at the sight before him: an extensive cavern of untamed beauty! And Men call this a "cave"?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 28 2022, 12:39am

Post #7 of 9 (2748 views)
Shortcut
And a bit of fun... [In reply to] Can't Post

Parth Galen - the scene not written!

He awoke suddenly, startled by unearthly whoops and yells. Cautiously peering from beneath the low-hung branches which gave cover from the searching eyes of his enemies, he wondered: were they being attacked?

Silently he immersed himself into the chill water. His hand grasped a floating log, and he steadied it in front of himself, peering between the branch stumps. Paddling around a rock, he came upon the scene, and froze in terror - as the future King of Gondor, naked as a babe, cannonballed off a boulder onto the shrieking, swimming forms below.

Gollum cringed, and retreated to his hideout.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 28 2022, 12:43am

Post #8 of 9 (2751 views)
Shortcut
It would appear that [In reply to] Can't Post

a certain egg-sucking grandmother had descendants who took after that side of the family!

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Sep 28 2022, 9:39am

Post #9 of 9 (2726 views)
Shortcut
Great drabbles, folks! I wish [In reply to] Can't Post

we'd seen more of the Glittering Caves in the films, that could have been wonderful.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.