Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Sloan: PJ and Walsh knew every moment, every scene...

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

May 19 2008, 9:45pm

Post #1 of 10 (533 views)
Shortcut
Sloan: PJ and Walsh knew every moment, every scene... Can't Post

Kristin Thompson reports that Variety (blogs) report a press conference by Harry Sloan, President of MGM, and saviour of these movies:
http://www.variety.com/...68.html&nid=2853

Sloan was asked who the writers for the Hobbit project will be. He wouldn’t answer but added, “but you can probably guess.”

On "The Hobbit":
Sloan had a four-hour dinner with Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh, where they laid out their vision for the dual-film prequel. "They knew every scene, every moment. We knew we had to do it with them."

Kristin adds:

From Sloan’s latest remarks, we can “guess” that Peter and Fran will be directly involved in the writing and that they have the basic outline of the entire thing in mind already.

Also, the story seems to confirm release dates for 2011 and 2012, which has been constant for several months now, and not 2010 and 2011 as was initially announced.

Sights are also set on "The Hobbit," a two-film prequel to "The Lord of the Rings" set for Christmas 2011 and 2012.

Funny thing is that it is being referred to again as a two-film prequel.

Here's to Del Toro becoming the Irvin Kershner of Middle Earth!

Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

vtboyarc
Lorien

May 19 2008, 11:50pm

Post #2 of 10 (195 views)
Shortcut
interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

I certainly don't mind PJ and Fran writing the script! As a matter of fact, I like that. What about Philippa Boyens though? I know she helped write the LotR screenplay.
But as long as PJ and Fran are involved with it, thats good! I know that if they work on it, it will be true(at least somewhat) in style and true(hopefully!) to the book(s?).

Theres some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and its worth fighting for.

DiveTwin
Rohan

May 20 2008, 2:39pm

Post #3 of 10 (142 views)
Shortcut
Great News [In reply to] Can't Post

All I know is that I'm already more heartened than ever to hear how focused PJ and Fran are for these two films and bringing GDT on to direct it. I get more excited every day, although we'll have to officially add another 365 days now that they're confirming a 2011 and 2012 release dates.

"Do not come between the Nazgul and his prey"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 20 2008, 4:09pm

Post #4 of 10 (141 views)
Shortcut
*wild applause* [In reply to] Can't Post

*whilst spinning in chair* WHAT A LIFE! WHAT A LIFE!!!! It takes 4 hours to eat? I THINK NOT! ;)

While I'm bummed the release date's are pushed back a year (not surprising after the writers' strike), I'd rather have it done right.

Thank you SO MUCH for this Compa_Mighty!

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Peredhil lover
Valinor

May 20 2008, 6:54pm

Post #5 of 10 (122 views)
Shortcut
Of course. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
*whilst spinning in chair* WHAT A LIFE! WHAT A LIFE!!!! It takes 4 hours to eat? I THINK NOT! ;)

Peter is a hobbit, remember? And Hobbits eat a great deal more than we poor humans. (I always want to know how they do it without getting so fat they're not able to move any longer!) Wink

I do not suffer from LotR obsession - I enjoy every minute of it.

Glaurung63
Lorien

May 20 2008, 11:30pm

Post #6 of 10 (122 views)
Shortcut
Am getting psyched... [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw Sloan's comments and am psyched that Peter and Fran are scripting...or visioning....imagining....

I trust that the team put together will bring us back again to Middle earth....in fine style and I think Tolkien would approve!

Nienna
Rohan

May 20 2008, 11:42pm

Post #7 of 10 (98 views)
Shortcut
Vision [In reply to] Can't Post

The knowledge that Peter and Fran have it all mapped out in their heads is so thrilling. They obviously have the vision of the story clear in their minds just as they did with the LOTR.
But what a long time to wait! Unsure

Marionette
Rohan

May 21 2008, 6:01pm

Post #8 of 10 (83 views)
Shortcut
So, here we go again... [In reply to] Can't Post

Guillermo del Toro may be the director, but I see Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh are pulling all the strings on the back anyways.

OK, I am waiting for that Bilbo´s girlfriend so, as Peter Jackson said once, he planed things like that since the very begining XD (It would not be any surprise sucha things anywayz) He had everything planed I see, so be it.
Who knows what´s coming now...
Here we start again.... I shall be prepared.

"Dear friend good bye, no tears in my eyes. So sad it ends, as it began"

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

May 22 2008, 11:42am

Post #9 of 10 (70 views)
Shortcut
...and Philippa Boyens most probably does too, [In reply to] Can't Post

and I do hope she too is understood as included in the team! Cool

'Is everything sad going to come untrue?'
(Sam, 'The Field of Cormallen', in 'The Return of the King'.)

Gethsemane
The Shire

May 24 2008, 7:21pm

Post #10 of 10 (67 views)
Shortcut
indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I certainly don't mind PJ and Fran writing the script! As a matter of fact, I like that. What about Philippa Boyens though? I know she helped write the LotR screenplay.
But as long as PJ and Fran are involved with it, thats good! I know that if they work on it, it will be true(at least somewhat) in style and true(hopefully!) to the book(s?).

Im sure Philippa will be deeply involved in the script after all isn't she abit of a Tolkien nut like the rest of us?

it's good to have an end to journey towards, but it's the journey that matters in the end

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.