The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
LOTR Caption Contest CCLXXXVIII

Lissuin
Valinor

Jul 27 2022, 2:46am

Post #1 of 20 (8703 views)
Shortcut
LOTR Caption Contest CCLXXXVIII Can't Post

Our sturdy Hobbits seem to be taking events in stride. What do you think they're thinking, TORNfolk? Cheerio!

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 27 2022, 2:36pm

Post #2 of 20 (8585 views)
Shortcut
"This isn't what I was expecting in a bathhouse, Merry." // [In reply to] Can't Post

#FidelityToTolkien
#ChallengeExpectations

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 27 2022, 8:24pm

Post #3 of 20 (8578 views)
Shortcut
"I think Saruman overdid the garden's water feature." / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

Cirashala
Valinor

Jul 28 2022, 3:20am

Post #4 of 20 (8568 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

do you want to tell Saruman that Treebeard clogged his toilet, or should I?

My writing and novels:

My Hobbit Fanfiction

My historical novel print and kindle version

My historical novels ebook version compatible with all ereaders

You can also find my novel at most major book retailers online (and for those outside the US who prefer a print book, you can find the print version at Book Depository). Search "Amazing Grace Amanda Longpre'" to find it.

Happy reading everyone!

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Jul 29 2022, 9:07am

Post #5 of 20 (8487 views)
Shortcut
I wonder if Saruman has buildings and contents insurance? [In reply to] Can't Post

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Aug 2 2022, 1:47pm

Post #6 of 20 (8273 views)
Shortcut
“No, the water definitely feels cooler as I move away from your general vicinity…”/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Stranger Wings
Rivendell

Aug 8 2022, 2:09pm

Post #7 of 20 (8041 views)
Shortcut
We're gonna need a bigger plunger [In reply to] Can't Post

“He went alone to look in Mirrormere.” - The Book of Mazarbul

GreenHillFox
Bree

Aug 8 2022, 2:48pm

Post #8 of 20 (8034 views)
Shortcut
Treebeard, you think there's hope for Climate Change in the 4th Age...? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 8 2022, 8:02pm

Post #9 of 20 (8018 views)
Shortcut
*snert* :D / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

Alveric
Lorien

Aug 12 2022, 12:46pm

Post #10 of 20 (7968 views)
Shortcut
Well, Pippin, welcome to Miami! [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Valinor

Aug 12 2022, 9:13pm

Post #11 of 20 (7960 views)
Shortcut
Winner! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ah, well, a predictable result of having orcs as house guests. I'm sure even stranger things occurred.

The field is yours, SW! Lead on!

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Aug 12 2022, 9:14pm)

Stranger Wings
Rivendell

Aug 27 2022, 12:37pm

Post #12 of 20 (7389 views)
Shortcut
Woohoo! [In reply to] Can't Post

Grateful for the Jaws fans out there.

“He went alone to look in Mirrormere.” - The Book of Mazarbul

(This post was edited by Stranger Wings on Aug 27 2022, 12:44pm)
Attachments: 4A516E16-F8DF-447B-AD88-9A47BCE95B2C.jpeg (22.6 KB)

Darkstone
Immortal

Aug 31 2022, 7:14pm

Post #13 of 20 (7255 views)
Shortcut
"Our work here is done!"/ [In reply to] Can't Post

nt

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Lissuin
Valinor

Sep 1 2022, 3:33am

Post #14 of 20 (7246 views)
Shortcut
I know your face! [In reply to] Can't Post

Was wondering if you'd peek in this week. That chair's still got your name on it. Wink Cheers!

Darkstone
Immortal

Sep 1 2022, 3:54am

Post #15 of 20 (7241 views)
Shortcut
Naw. I only look like me. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm here for tomorrow's fun.

But thanks! Nice to see you too!

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Sep 1 2022, 4:02am)

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Sep 1 2022, 6:57am

Post #16 of 20 (7223 views)
Shortcut
Always glad to see/read you [In reply to] Can't Post

Please come by whenever you feel like it.

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

Darkstone
Immortal

Sep 1 2022, 2:17pm

Post #17 of 20 (7198 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to see you too!

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Sep 2 2022, 12:56am

Post #18 of 20 (7191 views)
Shortcut
We should have taken a left at Albuquerque. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Timbo_mbadil
Rivendell

Oct 22 2022, 7:56pm

Post #19 of 20 (5377 views)
Shortcut
not my fault if the water turned warm -- is it?! [In reply to] Can't Post

Otherness represents that which bourgeois ideology cannot recognize or accept but must deal with (…)
Robin Wood 2003, p. 49. "Hollywood from Vietnam to Reagan – and beyond". Columbia University Press, New York, Chichester, West Sussex.

elentari3018
Rohan

Apr 30 2023, 3:34am

Post #20 of 20 (1850 views)
Shortcut
lol that' s a good one! [In reply to] Can't Post

LaughLaughLaugh

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.