Welcome to a fun-filled Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

cats16
Half-elven

Jul 26 2022, 12:03am

Post #26 of 43 (765 views)
Shortcut
Blizzard weather [In reply to] Can't Post

Seems like a majority of the year, anymore! Then again, I've always been one to enjoy ice cream on a winter day. Angelic

Yes, indeed! It was a little warm sitting in the sun all game this weekend, but there was a decent enough breeze to remain content.

Oh boy, I'm not even sure! I felt like I was watching almost a greatest hits of a lot of 80s/90s movies, all in one, y'know? Even the editing style and musical choices, in a lot of ways.

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Jul 26 2022, 12:14am

Post #27 of 43 (764 views)
Shortcut
Smart phone overload [In reply to] Can't Post

"on Friday I've gone from my old flip phone to my first iPhone/smartphone. MOTHER, HELP ME! My brain has already melted, so I'm kinda stuck in that "blank stare" phase of my transition. *sigh* I don't do grown-up very well. I'll get it... eventually. Meanwhile, I'm sorting out settings and adding numbers.They couldn't just transfer the contacts... of course!"

I did this earlier in the year. Blank stare turned to panic eventually turned to gingerly finding my way. I got a "dummies" book from Kindle to make some sense of it all. No where near comfortable with it, but it is so nice to FaceTime with my sister who is 2500 miles away!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 26 2022, 1:55am

Post #28 of 43 (757 views)
Shortcut
*makes note to self* [In reply to] Can't Post

I need to get that one - thank you for the reminder! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 26 2022, 1:56am

Post #29 of 43 (753 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! Congratulations, Ufthie! // [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 26 2022, 2:06am

Post #30 of 43 (761 views)
Shortcut
Gramma's gone hi-tech! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh gosh, isn't it such a change from the old phone? But no worries, you'll be good friends with it before too long. Wink

And yay for the rain, may more come your way!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 26 2022, 1:20pm

Post #31 of 43 (737 views)
Shortcut
oooo! How'd you like Top Gun!? [In reply to] Can't Post

What a great way to spend some time ;) I'll bet you left feeling the need for some speed! It was only at our theaters for a couple of weeks, so I have to wait until the DVD release to blast off again.

I'm glad the weather is behaving. There are so many fires all around the world (and California again/still) from the heat... it's frightening. Especially when you think of all the smoke adding to the atmosphere.

I hope the rest of your weekend was great and you've already started plans for the coming weekend :D

sample

We have been there and back again.

Join the "Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project"

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 26 2022, 1:36pm

Post #32 of 43 (733 views)
Shortcut
I love Tetris :D *twitch* [In reply to] Can't Post

When I first worked on campus, there was a bookstore with a gaming room and all those old video machines at 25 cents per game. I had highest score for Tetris for about a year... until they closed the place down. *sigh* Then I played it on Gameboy ;) Not bragging... surprised!!! :D I typed 92 wpm (words per minute)... no idea how!! I think an empty brain helps on these things. Goes in your eyes and out your hands.

When I was moving the kids earlier this month, they'd pack boxes and things into the trailer and truck then ask me to go Tetris it. I shifted things around and found room for lots more ;)

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Annael
Immortal

Jul 26 2022, 1:43pm

Post #33 of 43 (733 views)
Shortcut
tetris movers [In reply to] Can't Post

Last time I moved, we got down to several awkwardly-shaped things, like my exercise bike, and at least a dozen packed boxes. A friend came over with his truck and we had my car. The friend, his wife, and my brother argued for a while over who was the real Tetris Master in the group and should be in charge of loading the truck, and then started Tetris-ing the awkward things into the truck, arguing some more, and taking everything out and trying again. Meanwhile I walked past them again and again carrying all the boxes and fitting them into my car's trunk and back seat. I was done before they were.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words.
-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 26 2022, 2:39pm

Post #34 of 43 (730 views)
Shortcut
Glad the weather is easing [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope it stays milder and that more rain visits. This has been an incredible July for so much of the world! I'm thinking all the wild fires aren't helping!

Puppy Posing? Yeah, they LOVE to supervise every bite! My pup (Pickle) would find himself doing that now and again (depending on odor coming from my plate ;). Thankfully he has always like being under a blanket on my lap (or at bedtime), so I just thrown his baby blanket over his head... though the head stays right where it was appearing like Casper the Ghost.

I hope your fam had a great time and that Pup and You had several bonding moments ;) *slurp*

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 26 2022, 2:43pm

Post #35 of 43 (729 views)
Shortcut
Bwahahahaa!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

AND you did it with a bad shoulder? Perfect example of committee getting things done ;) "TETRIS MASTER" Yeah... we know who the Master is!!! GETTIN' IT DONE! *high five*

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 26 2022, 3:09pm

Post #36 of 43 (726 views)
Shortcut
Floofer Romping? [In reply to] Can't Post

SOUNDS GREAT! :D Omg... I can picture it with all the Samis outnumbering the humans if you're not careful! Way too much cute and fun would follow!

Oh good, you're niece and you were able to hook up. She's going to NEED that spa time when she comes back through!

Hammers and baskets for the weekend, eh? My daughter is a huge Thor fan, so she would approve :D

I hope you had a great weekend and had some more great weather. I agree that mid-seventies temps are especially awesome. Though me-thinks I saw some hot weather on its way. Gird yourself! And have a great week. :)

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 26 2022, 3:13pm

Post #37 of 43 (727 views)
Shortcut
You made it! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

The sils are such great people! He's done such great craft-woodwork around their homestead :) It's too bad it had to be so hot and humid, but the visiting is still the best! Can't wait to see the pics!

I hope your drive is as beautiful as their surroundings. ENJOY! :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 26 2022, 3:19pm

Post #38 of 43 (725 views)
Shortcut
That's great!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh geez... I'm late to the send-off and announcement, though I'm sure everything has gone off without a hitch! I'm so happy for you BOTH! *high five* :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 26 2022, 3:34pm

Post #39 of 43 (725 views)
Shortcut
Sweeeeeeeeet!!! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

And you say you like the 3rd one even more? OK... I'm sniffing another Award in the making! This is so exciting Thanks for keeping us in the loop :D

And I'm glad the weather is behaving. I watch the wind whipping around you/NZ all the time now!!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 26 2022, 3:37pm

Post #40 of 43 (727 views)
Shortcut
Ah! I'm in good company :D [In reply to] Can't Post

So I'm not the only one thoroughly intimidated by this! You're so right, though... I'll be able to do FaceTime with my distant family :D THANKS! And I hope all is great in your world!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 26 2022, 4:15pm

Post #41 of 43 (727 views)
Shortcut
And send good vibes to hobbity [In reply to] Can't Post

Today, my poor beast of burden is getting about $1,700 worth of repair done to the front-end cross member/subframe (where all the stuff is to hold the front wheels on and steer).

Off on your left side, there's a big rusted-out hole I could put my fist through. That kind of damage is common for 10+yo vehicles driving on dirt roads. *sigh*

They said hobbity is in good shape otherwise (engine/trans/frame/etc), so it's worth putting in the investment instead of trying to buy another car right now.

Hang on hobbity!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Eldy
Tol Eressea

Jul 26 2022, 5:19pm

Post #42 of 43 (719 views)
Shortcut
It has indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Oh geez... I'm late to the send-off and announcement, though I'm sure everything has gone off without a hitch! I'm so happy for you BOTH! *high five* :D

Thanks, gramma! I really could not have asked for his visit to go better (besides the weather: this was the hottest weekend of the year so far in Baltimore), especially since it was arranged on very little notice. So now I have plans to spend two weeks with my boyfriend in California in September. Cool

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 27 2022, 1:24am

Post #43 of 43 (708 views)
Shortcut
Great elephants! [In reply to] Can't Post

A hole that an elephant could slide his trunk through, that is - what a good thing that was found, and is fixable, and especially that the rest of hobbity got a great report! Heart

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.