Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
I guess and hope this might be counted as Fan Art too :)

Ioreth
Rivendell

Oct 31 2020, 10:04am

Post #1 of 5 (31994 views)
Shortcut
I guess and hope this might be counted as Fan Art too :) Can't Post

Background information
I was very active on several messageboards way back when the films were in the making (IIRC I registered on the first TORN boards in the late spring of 1999) and for many years after that.
Most of the time I was periodically for longer stretches of the year unemployed and thus had lots of time (but not much money).
Living outside a little town and with no neighbours I often played my flute - and loved to play it by the shores of lake Vättern.
Around 2006 I finally found some longer jobs - and after I moved from Västergötland to Stockholm in 2008/2009 I seldom have been unemployed for more than some months.
Thus having lots of money but not much time.
And it was not that easy any more to play the flute since I lived in different flats - some very thin walled.

In 2006 I joined Mithlond, the Gothenburg Tolkien Society and one of the first real pieces I really kind of "composed" was the gift for the ceremony where I was confirmed as a member.
Previously, I, from 2003 onwards, did lots of "take the flute, press record on the computer and let the fingers play what the heart dictates"...
In 2009 I also joined Forodrim, the Tolkien Society of Stockholm. Where I kept my alias and continued the alias-story.

Back in 2005 I slowly created me an alias to be used in Mithlond. I settled on an invented sindarin elf called Lothilwen (Luinelrîn).
Part of her backstory is that she was very very fond of playing her flute by the waters of Beleriand - even before the sun and the moon.
She left Beleriand before its fall and went eastwards and northward - in the siberian plains finding oceans of scilla siberica (a flower I myself love very much).

I did several recordings between the years 2003 and 2006 - despite noise reduction the quality is not that great but still I like them.

Many years later I compiled a CD I usually have given as parting gifts to friends and colleagues.
In addition to some of my most loved tracks I did some collecting and translating of some of my poems over the years - which I thought fitted the music.

Last autumn (2019) I actually recorded some new pieces at the Medeltidsvecka (the Middle Ages week in Visby on Gotland every week 32) - and already then some images formed in my head to them.

While quarantined over the summer due to the virus I finally did put together some kind of "music videos" with lots of my own pictures to some of the tracks and uploaded them to one of my youtube accounts.

(This post was edited by Ioreth on Oct 31 2020, 10:07am)
Attachments: cd-intro-flöjtmeditationer-small.jpg (45.9 KB)

Ioreth
Rivendell

Oct 31 2020, 10:06am

Post #2 of 5 (31984 views)
Shortcut
Some of the included poems [In reply to] Can't Post

see the attached files.
Attachments: vårtid-small.jpg (12.0 KB)
  sorrow-by-the-shore-small.jpg (35.9 KB)
  inte-rädd-längre-small.jpg (26.0 KB)
  pearl.jpg (22.6 KB)

Ioreth
Rivendell

Oct 31 2020, 10:11am

Post #3 of 5 (31986 views)
Shortcut
the youtube links [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG1545hurw4 That is one of my favorites.
Vemod is melancholy in swedish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3dgo2qWijw This is one where I after the recording in fact did write out the score and gave it to my youngest brother as a Christmas gift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuh_vUyV79Q Another Christmas-present-score, to my mother

And finally, this one is one from recordings done by the shore of Visby at the Medeltidsvecka 2019.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDHrhBuht-E

(This post was edited by Ioreth on Oct 31 2020, 10:18am)

Na Vedui
Rohan

Nov 2 2020, 9:30pm

Post #4 of 5 (31731 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

That was delightful - music and pictures.
It must have been lovely playing out in the open air beside the lake.

Eruonen
Half-elven

Jul 17 2022, 3:22pm

Post #5 of 5 (16752 views)
Shortcut
Very nice, I enjoyed your work and the visuals [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.