Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Come on in and join us for Fiesta Friday!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 17 2022, 4:00pm

Post #51 of 67 (611 views)
Shortcut
True! [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh my gosh! A railway tracks?! I guess it's pretty obvious who has the right-of-way in that instance. LaughLaugh

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 17 2022, 4:13pm

Post #52 of 67 (614 views)
Shortcut
Love it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Your definition of home, that is.

So, not too long now before you're at least in your 'real' home, sparse as it may be. I bet the kitties will appreciate it. Wherever you and your nice warm lap is is home to them. Smile Pale green and white sounds so nice! Try to stay cool while preparing for your next moving adventure!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 17 2022, 4:14pm

Post #53 of 67 (612 views)
Shortcut
*snigger* Doesn't mean its done right [In reply to] Can't Post

or that it looks good ;) I'm making most of it with deck boards (covers 3/4 of sides), so it'll match the kindling box, strawberry bed and deck. I'm also using a roll of rusting old tin (20' x 3') cut for the doors and the top 1/4 part of the sides. I'm using the aluminum siding cut away for the fireplace as the roofing. It's all made from leftovers (hoarder's treasures ;).

sample

We have been there and back again.

Join the "Tolkien Fandom Oral History Project"

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 17 2022, 4:17pm

Post #54 of 67 (612 views)
Shortcut
Really? [In reply to] Can't Post

I always think of our mini-moot when I pass through on my way to Lake Michigan :D Do you usually get hungry for lunch near Big Rapids? (activating PM!)

sample

TIME Google Calendar

Annael
Immortal

Jul 17 2022, 4:33pm

Post #55 of 67 (615 views)
Shortcut
my younger brother [In reply to] Can't Post

has lived in a similar manner for YEARS now. He recently retired and announced that he finally intends to finish the house. He has all the skills (he rewired, replumbed, and put new windows in my house) but after he stripped the house to the studs a couple of decades ago, as soon as he got reasonably comfortable with a cozy bedroom, a working shower and toilet, and a fridge and microwave--and a working computer, and two cats--he stalled out. Hoping things move along a little faster for you! I like the idea of pale green paint with white shelves.

I am a dreamer of words, of written words.
-- Gaston Bachelard

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 17 2022, 4:43pm

Post #56 of 67 (610 views)
Shortcut
Oh man... [In reply to] Can't Post

That's so hard about you Mom' cousin. My sister had the same thing happen, but she wasn't hurt too badly. I'll bet that sore arm was quietly keeping you awake and alert. I hope it's well in your rear-view mirror by now ;)

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 17 2022, 5:37pm

Post #57 of 67 (611 views)
Shortcut
Great to gather again :) [In reply to] Can't Post

How fun to meet with your group and able to get out and about again :) I hope the heat isn't too bad. It's always surprising how much you and I have the same sort of weather concerns around the same time. We've finally had a couple of days of light rain this past week after wks of hardly no rain (one sprinkling) over nearly 4 wks.

Hang in there... and have a wonderful HEALTHY weekend :D

sample

TIME Google Calendar

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 17 2022, 5:51pm

Post #58 of 67 (611 views)
Shortcut
Wahoo! Be it ever so humble... [In reply to] Can't Post

Does that million = about July 28? OH WOW! That's such great news... even if after all this time and effort you're forced to settle for much less than you had been promised. But geez... being home after all you've been through is such a huge comforting ideal that's going to help so much in your healing. Things happen for a reason, and it's time for you to go home :) *big hug*

I hope you're feeling well and getting stronger every day. You'll be ready!

sample

TIME Google Calendar

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 17 2022, 9:33pm

Post #59 of 67 (598 views)
Shortcut
gramma... [In reply to] Can't Post

...we have GOT to see a pic of this when you're finished! A "roll of rusting old tin"? Now you've got us really intrigued!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Jul 18 2022, 11:09am

Post #60 of 67 (587 views)
Shortcut
Not all of them could make it [In reply to] Can't Post

but most of the regulars were there; we usually go for a meal sometime in the winter, too. As for the weather, people up north in Shetland must be wondering what the fuss is about - they're likely to have just 15C today! My shaded outdoor seating spot in the garden is just nudging 30C at present, but with a slight breeze. Indoors I'm managing to keep it around 23C, which is fine. The aircon in the local supermarket was very welcome this morning! My friend in the Midlands is looking at the possibility of a record-breaking 40C today, as are other places further south and east, which is punishing. We are not at all used to that.

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Jul 20 2022, 9:39pm

Post #61 of 67 (538 views)
Shortcut
Would you please give us the latest report [In reply to] Can't Post

on the severe weather? Looks bad over most of both islands Unsure

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 20 2022, 11:55pm

Post #62 of 67 (527 views)
Shortcut
Currently [In reply to] Can't Post

all flights are cancelled at Wellington Airport due to gales, and there are big seas, surface flooding and slips around the islands.

Here in Taranaki, the air has that snow-chill to it - it's definitely snowing on the mountain (and not before time).

Latest details are here: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/...OKWVVRZ4VN5MGBG6IGE/

World wind map: https://earth.nullschool.net/...=-184.81,-40.07,1613

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 21 2022, 2:38am

Post #63 of 67 (515 views)
Shortcut
Hatches battened down here. [In reply to] Can't Post

Though the flooding has passed for now.

A chill is forecast for tomorrow. Fortunately Mr Kimi chopped his usual massive load of firewood last spring, and we're making good use of it.

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Lissuin
Valinor

Jul 21 2022, 3:58am

Post #64 of 67 (512 views)
Shortcut
Wild, windy Wellington. [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.stuff.co.nz/...erry-circles-harbour

Fortunately, husband didn't have to go into the city for work today, nobody I know was taking a ferry or a plane ride, we've got power, and the fridge is holding out. The cats are oblivious and enjoying the human company. I'm just gobsmacked at the contrast in reports from the northern hemisphere summer.
What a world! What a world! Hang tough, everybody. Heart

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 21 2022, 5:18am

Post #65 of 67 (508 views)
Shortcut
Even this seal noped-out of the sea [In reply to] Can't Post

https://twitter.com/...619856060416/photo/1

Laugh

Is your house in a fairly sheltered spot from the wind?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Fantasy novel - The Arcanist's Tattoo

My LOTR fan-fiction

Lissuin
Valinor

Jul 21 2022, 6:12am

Post #66 of 67 (506 views)
Shortcut
We are pretty sheltered here. [In reply to] Can't Post

We don't feel the cold southerlies too much, like today, but the norwesters can be quite exciting. It isn't unusual to have sea mammals wander out of the churn onto our roads. And Little Blue Penguins know which garages to duck under for cover. Clever critters. Smile

Starling
Half-elven

Jul 21 2022, 7:05am

Post #67 of 67 (503 views)
Shortcut
No walk in the park [In reply to] Can't Post

for Midgey today.
Yes, that is a park bench under there.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.