The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Inconsistent reply notification emails

Eldy
Tol Eressea

Jun 18 2022, 3:38am

Post #1 of 5 (2858 views)
Shortcut
Inconsistent reply notification emails Can't Post

At some point in the last (probably) three or four weeks, I noticed that I was only getting notifications for maybe half the replies to my posts on here. This isn't a huge inconvenience since I tend to check threads again whenever there are new posts, though if I were to come back from a week away with too many posts in the interim to read them all quickly, it might be more troublesome. Has this happened to anyone else? I can't recall this being an issue at any point before, nor can I see any rhyme or reason to which replies I get notified of or not.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jun 18 2022, 5:53am

Post #2 of 5 (2838 views)
Shortcut
You get replies to your posts? [In reply to] Can't Post

Me too—lots if crickets count.

Laugh

Seriously though, the Internets have been all kinds of messed up for the past couple months. It would astonish most people how many portals (not sure what they’re called) emails pass trough between sender and receiver. There’s some weird filters out there too which will knock messages down. Yahoo accounts a particularly hard hit it seems.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 18 2022, 4:13pm

Post #3 of 5 (2818 views)
Shortcut
So I'm not the only one! [In reply to] Can't Post

I get PM notifications, and a couple of weeks ago I received a PM but no notification. I just figured it was one of those odd glitches. But if you're having issues with many of your notifications, then I wonder if something else is going on.

The Boards were moved to a new location a month ago - do you know if this had started happening, before mid-May?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Eldy
Tol Eressea

Jun 19 2022, 11:40pm

Post #4 of 5 (2766 views)
Shortcut
I'm not certain... [In reply to] Can't Post

...exactly when it started, but I am 98% sure it was no earlier than mid-May (this is a highly scientific estimate Cool).

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jul 15 2022, 3:43am

Post #5 of 5 (2320 views)
Shortcut
Notifications? [In reply to] Can't Post

Lately I haven't been receiving notification emails either.

#FidelityToTolkien
#ChallengeExpectations

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.