Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
Good Vibes Radio Spring Equinox Party

omeron

Mar 15 2007, 4:18am

Post #1 of 5 (1685 views)
Shortcut
Good Vibes Radio Spring Equinox Party Can't Post

I just wanted to invite you all to my Spring (or Autumn if in the southern hemisphere) equinox party. Every equinox and solstice, I play all three movies in a row on my internet radio station, Good Vibes Radio. We have started running them twice in a row actually, to give more people a chance to tune in, given that we start at the precise time of the start of the season, which often means some weird timing. In this case, the season starts on March 21, 00:07 GMT. In Eastern Daylight (ggggrrrr) Time, that comes out to the 20th, at 08:07 PM. I hope some of you will stop by and join in the fun. True, you only get the audio, but at least you can tune in, and also you can see it in your imagination anyway. I became blind at birth, so it doesn't bother me any. heh. Usually the station plays electronic and other weird music, so feel free to tune in any time if you enjoy that sort of thing.

Altaira
Superuser

Mar 16 2007, 4:32am

Post #2 of 5 (1319 views)
Shortcut
Sounds great, omeron! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a great idea. I'll definitely try to tune in for as much of it as I can (which will be limited to when I'm not at work). Not that it's a big sacrifice to have the LOTR audio playing in the background at any given point in time, mind you. lol!

Welcome to TORn, by the way! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the boards that are given to us"

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Mar 16 2007, 1:50pm

Post #3 of 5 (1306 views)
Shortcut
that sounds fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll have to see if I can tune into that - what a great idea! And a good way to welcome the Spring - or, as you say, Autumn! Smile Welcome to TORn!

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

Aerlinn
Lorien

Mar 16 2007, 7:47pm

Post #4 of 5 (1301 views)
Shortcut
That sounds terrific! [In reply to] Can't Post

As the others have said, great idea. I often used to let the DVD's run in the background while I was doing other things - they're great films to listen to.

Now if only I can remember...!

Aerlinn's Law #15 (maybe 16... 17?): Whatever I say goes.

In one ear and out the other.

My TORn archives - to be updated sooner or later

Patty
Immortal

Mar 19 2007, 3:56pm

Post #5 of 5 (1529 views)
Shortcut
This does sound like fun... [In reply to] Can't Post

and I will try to join in for a while, too.

I had to laugh at your grrr for Daylight savings time (with which I so agree--I hate it.) An audiobook I'm listening to right now calls it "God's time, as opposed to Government time." I'm too ashamed to tell what the book is, for fear I'll get laughed at by those here who know how MANY times I've mentioned listening to it.

Welcome to Rivendell, Patty Baggins

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.